ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 47
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
duncan_idaho 06:41 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
They are giving up 11 points a game so far. They dont have the edge rushers but Campbell and Judon are pretty good players their corners are better than the Chargers.

If we play like we did the first half against the Chargers we will lose.
KC needs to play a crisper 1st half, no doubt.

And as good as Humphrey and Peters are (extremely good, elite pairing), their third CB situation is much, much worse than the Chargers'.

With their slot CB blowing out his knee yesterday, the Ravens will be down to either playing a pretty bad player on the slot, or flipping Humphrey onto the slot and using Jimmy Smith at outside CB. Either option makes them worse overall at CB and worse at S, where Smith had been getting some reps.

It's a much, much different defensive matchup to face than the Chargers.

Judon is good. He's no Joey Bosa. Calais Campbell is good, but he isn't what he once was (and honestly I'm not sure he is better at this point than Jerry Tillery, who was the THIRD-BEST guy on the Chargers' DL yesterday).

It's an incredibly tough matchup, but I'm more concerned with slowing down the Ravens' running game (which seems impossible if Ben Niemann is on the field in base 43 sets) than with being able to move it offensively.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:27 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
KC needs to play a crisper 1st half, no doubt.

And as good as Humphrey and Peters are (extremely good, elite pairing), their third CB situation is much, much worse than the Chargers'.

With their slot CB blowing out his knee yesterday, the Ravens will be down to either playing a pretty bad player on the slot, or flipping Humphrey onto the slot and using Jimmy Smith at outside CB. Either option makes them worse overall at CB and worse at S, where Smith had been getting some reps.

It's a much, much different defensive matchup to face than the Chargers.

Judon is good. He's no Joey Bosa. Calais Campbell is good, but he isn't what he once was (and honestly I'm not sure he is better at this point than Jerry Tillery, who was the THIRD-BEST guy on the Chargers' DL yesterday).

It's an incredibly tough matchup, but I'm more concerned with slowing down the Ravens' running game (which seems impossible if Ben Niemann is on the field in base 43 sets) than with being able to move it offensively.
That’s why it’s going to be critical for the Chiefs offense to start fast. Baltimore is night and day different when they are playing from behind vs playing with a lead.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:53 PM 09-20-2020
Glad Pennel is back. We need him baaaad.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:53 PM 09-20-2020
Prime time game the guys will rise for it. Should get Pennel and maybe Ward back also. Gotta start fast and make Lamar play from behind.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:54 PM 09-20-2020
Showtime will come through in clutch performance but it's going be a hell of a battle.
[Reply]
eDave 05:55 PM 09-20-2020
How did they look today. Looked closer to Houston than we did.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:56 PM 09-20-2020
Our run defense is stinky. I think this is the year the Ravens beat us.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:57 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Pennel will be back
[Reply]
DRM08 05:59 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Pennel will be back
He won't magically fix all the other issues by himself. The linebackers are a major problem, not just against the run but in pass coverage as well.

Mahomes and KC offense will need to be a hell of a lot sharper next week. I think they need 40+ for a chance to win against this Ravens team.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:08 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He won't magically fix all the other issues by himself. The linebackers are a major problem, not just against the run but in pass coverage as well.

Mahomes and KC offense will need to be a hell of a lot sharper next week. I think they need 40+ for a chance to win against this Ravens team.
They can’t play bad and beat Baltimore no but if we learned anything today it’s that what happened the week before means nothing. Everyone thought based on week 1 that KC would wipe the floor with LA — but it sure as heck didn’t go that route.

Hopefully KC learns from this, is better conditioned, and can come out playing great ball next Monday.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:09 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They can’t play bad and beat Baltimore no but if we learned anything today it’s that what happened the week before means nothing. Everyone thought based on week 1 that KC would wipe the floor with LA — but it sure as heck didn’t go that route.

Hopefully KC learns from this, is better conditioned, and can come out playing great ball next Monday.
and woo wee we need that extra day bud.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:06 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Pennel will be back
Tribal, I don't know how - but I guessed I missed it - what happened to Pennel and when?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:38 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Tribal, I don't know how - but I guessed I missed it - what happened to Pennel and when?
Suspended for something in his urine.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:58 PM 09-20-2020
Don't forget, the run d had issues last year until Pennel was brought in. The change was immediate and noticeable. WITH Pennel, this DL can both disrupt the pass and stuff the run.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:58 PM 09-20-2020
I thought that last year though. Our run defense was just as bad last year. Plus we will have Pennel this time.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 47
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up