ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Draft Network mock sim
staylor26 02:40 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Just depends on your "draft board".

The Chiefs won't be what ours is for sure. aybe that's why they end up taking different guys than we ever thought though.
Yea true but at just about every pick there are more than one or two guys that I’d be happy with.

By sticking to my board I meant not worrying too much about position/needs from pick to pick.

For example, the drafts I haven’t been happy with are usually ones where we “get fucked” defensively and I end up taking two offensive guys with 2 of our first 4 picks. At the end of the day though, they’re still good drafts. I just like the talent in those areas.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:43 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea true but at just about every pick there are more than one or two guys that I’d be happy with.

By sticking to my board I meant not worrying too much about position/needs from pick to pick.

For example, the drafts I haven’t been happy with are usually ones where we “get fucked” defensively and I end up taking two offensive guys with 2 of our first 4 picks. At the end of the day though, they’re still good drafts. I just like the talent in those areas.
This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I ended up not having a bad draft but it's offense-heavy for sure, which is not what I want personally.

This offense with Hock and Monty would be unreal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:44 PM 02-25-2019

Right.

Even if I set the draft up to just ram-rod us at CB, I can still do okay at safety, TE, DL and OL.

There are going to be good players available. We simply cannot be beholden to the idea that any offensive picks are a 'loss'. If that's the way the board goes, so be it.

Take the best players and if need be use FA to fill holes. As has been noted, your year 1 contributions from 2nd and 3rd round picks aren't likely to be massive anyway. You can get those kind of mid-tier talents on reasonable FA deals if needed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:38 PM 02-25-2019
So my draft broke really weird and a bunch of defensive guys went way higher than I expected. To that end, I ended up with a pretty darn good offensive draft. I wasn't necessarily enthused with taking Montgomery in the 2nd but there wasn't a single decent LB, Edge, CB, or S left on the board when I got there (Mullen was the last one and Savage went 60 overall right before Mullen).

29. T.J. Hockenson, TE Iowa
61. Trayvon Mullen, CB Clemson
63. David Montgomery, RB Iowa State
92. Michael Deiter, OT Wisconsin
157. Brian Peavy, CB Iowa State
188. Khalil Hodge, LB Buffalo
194 Tyre Brady, WR Marshall
[Reply]
Hoover 02:59 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So my draft broke really weird and a bunch of defensive guys went way higher than I expected. To that end, I ended up with a pretty darn good offensive draft. I wasn't necessarily enthused with taking Montgomery in the 2nd but there wasn't a single decent LB, Edge, CB, or S left on the board when I got there (Mullen was the last one and Savage went 60 overall right before Mullen).

I'd be OK with this.

The offense would be fucking loaded for years to come.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:09 PM 03-06-2019

Mine, too.

29 T.J. Hockenson, TE Iowa
61 Julian Love, CB Notre Dame
63 Juan Thornhill, SVirginia
92 Justice Hil, RB Oklahoma State
167 Dontavius Russell, IDL Auburn
201 Tyre Brady, WR Marshall
214 Khalil Hodge, LB Buffalo
216 Dexter Williams, RB Notre Dame

Couldn't help drafting another D Williams to close it out lol'

If the draft actually fell this way, we better pray they spent ALL THE MONIES on defense in free agency.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 02:53 PM 02-25-2019
Here's my first try from this morning.'There were still a few guys I thought fell lower than I though they should (Jaylon Ferguson for example), so I intentionally passed them over.

[Reply]
O.city 02:55 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Here's my first try from this morning.'There were still a few guys I thought fell lower than I though they should (Jaylon Ferguson for example), so I intentionally passed them over.

This is an example of that.

I don't know that Rapp is much more than a 3rd round prospect and I'd hate to have to take him that early because a run on safeties starts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:01 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is an example of that.

I don't know that Rapp is much more than a 3rd round prospect and I'd hate to have to take him that early because a run on safeties starts.
I could have taken Rapp in the 2nd but passed for that very reason. He was gone by the 3rd.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 03:07 PM 02-25-2019
I could have taken Rapp in the 2nd but passed for that very reason. He was gone by the 3rd.
Definitely, I was hoping one of the safeties we talk about here more often would fall, but they were gone and I didn't want to risk not getting a solid one.

However, I was really happy with the end of the draft. I think Kendall Joseph is a good compliment to DOD at the WILL and push him. Where DoD is more athletic, Kendall Joseph has strong linebacker instincts.

I also really liked Jon Baker in the 7th. He's an interior guy who likes to maul and was strong in the run game at Boston College.

I think it's a solid B- to a B draft.
[Reply]
O.city 02:54 PM 02-25-2019
It really shows how you can't pigeon hole yourself into a certain position and that if you do you better be ready to trade up and get a guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:09 PM 02-25-2019
Man, I don’t know what some of you are seeing when it comes to Rapp.

I’d be ecstatic to get him in the 2nd. There’s a reason some people have him as high as #1. No way he makes it to the 3rd.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 02-25-2019

I’d be ecstatic to get him in the 2nd. There’s a reason some people have him as high as #1. No way he makes it to the 3rd.
Yeah, I can see a defense for him in the 2nd. He's not super high on my list and there's guys I'd take before him, but if you're sitting there with a CB and a ILB in your pocket (or if you've done the right thing and taken Hock), you could definitely justify him with that other 2nd.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:12 PM 02-25-2019

Depending on how he does at workouts, he could be a 2nd round pick. He could also drop to like the 4th. He's not anywhere near a first-rounder - who has him that high?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:15 PM 02-25-2019
Depending on how he does at workouts, he could be a 2nd round pick. He could also drop to like the 4th. He's not anywhere near a first-rounder - who has him that high?
I don’t see any way that happens.

Matt Miller has him #1 and just about everybody has him in their top 5. It’s safe to say he a consensus 2nd round pick.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up