ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Olympics to feature AI Al Michaels
Hammock Parties 01:28 PM 06-26-2024
Awesome. Hopefully the other sports follow.

NBC announced that an AI recreation of Al Michaels’ voice will be part of Peacock’s Olympics coverage.

The feature will be implemented for “Your Daily Olympic Recap on Peacock,” which will provide fans with a customized playlist featuring highlights of the events most relevant… pic.twitter.com/2tiZp78kut

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) June 26, 2024

[Reply]
threebag 02:05 PM 06-26-2024

[Reply]
loochy 02:11 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
You could go in the complete opposite direction...

Pee-Wee Herman and Jim Varney.

Hahah Jim Varney. Didn't he used to do commercials for Guys potato chips? I swear he did, but I can't find anything about it on google.

Do they still make Guys potato chips? They never had them here in Texas, but in KC as a kid that was the chips we always ate.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:13 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by threebag:
OH FUCK YES!!!
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:15 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
Hahah Jim Varney. Didn't he used to do commercials for Guys potato chips? I swear he did, but I can't find anything about it on google.

Do they still make Guys potato chips? They never had them here in Texas, but in KC as a kid that was the chips we always ate.
Yep remember them and advertising everywhere when I used to visit my aunt in Warrensburg
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:15 PM 06-26-2024
This is a terrible fucking thing and I work for NBC Universal.

We just had a strike to prevent this kind of thing and I'm supposed to be on the studio's side but fuck that.

This is 100% something whatever union Michaels is in should give him a Code Red in the middle of the night.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:17 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
This is a terrible ****ing thing and I work for NBC Universal.
What's terrible is Joe Buck and Cris Collinsworth. Those assholes and the people who hired them deserve to be replaced by AI.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:19 PM 06-26-2024
Or just better announcers. This is a slippery slope and a big problem. People are pissed about this and they 100% should be
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:22 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Or just better announcers. This is a slippery slope and a big problem. People are pissed about this and they 100% should be
I get the slippery slope thing, but I also think capitalism will win out. If AI sucks and ad revenue drops, it'll go away. If it's a success, humans had better step up their game.
[Reply]
scho63 02:29 PM 06-26-2024
I hope they use Gemini AI from Google and we can all laugh when they spew some nonsense.
[Reply]
kcgreene 02:56 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:

They still do, and theyre still delicious.

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:00 PM 06-26-2024
A good use for AI, small game devs are using AI as well and it saves a lot of money. Still we would need the good quips and intelligence of Michaels to make it work.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:01 PM 06-26-2024
It's happening

How soon will robot sports be a thing? Or people who all have Nuerolink
[Reply]
Bwana 03:05 PM 06-26-2024
I'm not a fan of this at all, creepy as hell.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:05 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It's happening

How soon will robot sports be a thing? Or people who all have Nuerolink
I like to think that most people won't be keen to give Aspergers Boy direct access to their brains. Then again, some people love the Cybertruck so who knows?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:09 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I'm not a fan of this at all, creepy as hell.
The Farah Fawcett thread isn't done yet either....
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up