ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most overrated players in the NFL
Jerm 12:38 PM 06-17-2024

The best player at each offensive position, per our offseason analyst rankings ⭐️ pic.twitter.com/EEZIQ2UvV8

— PFF (@PFF) June 16, 2024

So I came across this tweet and while I know PFF is garbage...it got me thinking about this topic and about George Kittle. What in the fuck do people see that makes them hold him in such high regard???

He's played 7 season...broke 1k 3 times with 2 of those seasons barely being over 1,000...one season over 10 TDs, 4 of those seasons with 5 or less TDs and 2 were 6 TD seasons.

Not to mention he's been a complete non factor in both Super Bowls he's been in.

He's not even in the same galaxy as Kelce...I really wish someone would tell me what I'm missing here. He has a bombastic personality and is a goofball and talks a lot? Wow ok.

Who would you all say is massively overrated in the league by fans, media, etc.?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:44 PM 06-17-2024
I think the bear is over rated. Ill take it over the men.
[Reply]
scho63 01:47 PM 06-17-2024
Dak Prescott
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:47 PM 06-17-2024
That's funny. I had a 49ers fan trying to argue that the most overrated player in the NFL is Patrick Mahomes and that he only has his rings because of ref help. I will have to tell him that the most overrated player in the NFL is a 49er. Although, I don't agree. The most overrated is Lamar Jackson by a mile.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:49 PM 06-17-2024
Meh. Looks like the typical offseason clickbait.

Kittle is a top-2 or -3 TE. I mean, you just have to watch his tape, and then ask yourself, "what other TEs could do what he does?" It's going to be a very short list. As for his production in the SB, it was pretty obvious that he was required to stay in and block a lot; that's more about Shanahan and his system than it is about Kittle.

As for who is the most overrated player, there's a lot of them. A lot of QBs, like Kyler, Jalen, Dak, Tua, the list goes on.

I'd probably go with either Kyler or Dak.
[Reply]
Womble 01:50 PM 06-17-2024
The most overrated player in the NFL is any player people rate who does not play for the Kansas City Chiefs.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:52 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Lamarr Jackson is the most over rated player in the NFL.
Josh Allen, no question
[Reply]
Mecca 01:54 PM 06-17-2024
Lamar Jackson has 2 MVPs, I can't really call him overrated at that point, he's been a playoff choker but that isn't the same.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:03 PM 06-17-2024
Trevor Lawrence.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 02:03 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lamar Jackson has 2 MVPs, I can't really call him overrated at that point, he's been a playoff choker but that isn't the same.
Him having 2 league MVPs is exactly why he is overrated. Good player but not the standout player in either year he won and the bigger the moment the smaller he plays.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 02:09 PM 06-17-2024
Too easy to just pick apart the flaws in almost every QB in the league not called Patrick Mahomes so I will throw Calvin Ridley into the mix.

I think Mark Andrews is good but maybe the form of Likely while he was out injured showed any mobile Tight End could thrive and put up good numbers in the Ravens offensive system as that is where Lamar Jackson is most comfortable throwing the ball.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:40 PM 06-17-2024
Lindstrom over Thuney? Please.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:46 PM 06-17-2024
Joe Burrow.

Injury prone. Never thrown 40 TDs in a season. Career high of 4600 yards.

Always had amazing weapons.

Has 1 great postseason win, thanks to his defense. He wasn’t even all that great against a defense that Josh Allen destroyed.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:48 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Jalen Ramsay.

I just don't see it. Dude gets burned all the time. He certainly doesn't deserve all the accolades he's gotten.
Well yea he's a player on the decline living off his name.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:52 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Joe Burrow.

Injury prone. Never thrown 40 TDs in a season. Career high of 4600 yards.

Always had amazing weapons.

Has 1 great postseason win, thanks to his defense the Chiefs inexplicably going into zombie mode for the entire second half and STILL almost winning the game. He wasn’t even all that great against a defense that Josh Allen destroyed.
FYP
[Reply]
RunKC 02:56 PM 06-17-2024
Idk how anyone can support any answer here besides Lamar Jackson. He’s the most overrated player by a long shot to me.

He’s not a top 5 QB and was only ever worthy of being one in 2019.

It’s annoying seeing this guy get called the best QB in the league by some analysts when he’s only thrown 30 or more TD’s once, has never thrown for 4K yards and falls apart every time in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up