ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NCAA to allow Schools to pay Players Directly
Sassy Squatch 06:22 PM 05-23-2024

The NCAA and its leagues are moving forward with a multibillion-dollar settlement agreement that will allow schools to directly pay players for the first time in the history of college sports. https://t.co/XaVgW9306B

— ESPN (@espn) May 24, 2024

[Reply]
HemiEd 07:12 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
College athletics has turned to shit already. These programs are raising the most spoiled, entitled pussies in our country.
Yeah, that transfer rule where they can move around from school to school so easily pretty much killed it for me.

Damn that sucks and this is going to make it worse.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:15 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yep, that seems to be the direction they heading. So long mid majors, if the transfer rule change didn't kill you, this should get it done.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:16 PM 05-23-2024
If the schools are paying the players directly can they make them sign a non compete to receive their salary? You get to go back to sitting out a year if you want out essentially

Just curious how deep this rabbit hole will go
[Reply]
jdubya 07:20 PM 05-23-2024
Well, tuition isnt very high for the everyday student so this shouldn't affect prices very much.

If parents were putting their young children under any athletic pressure starting in elementary school already, imagine how things will get now?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:48 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
College athletics has turned to shit already. These programs are raising the most spoiled, entitled pussies in our country.
Well how else are they going to be ready for the pro leagues?

:-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:50 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
If the schools are paying the players directly can they make them sign a non compete to receive their salary? You get to go back to sitting out a year if you want out essentially

I suppose high school players will start needing agents...
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:52 PM 05-23-2024
I think it's funny that they call it college athletics when it's professional athletics.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:39 PM 05-23-2024

I suppose that would be something that could be written into the contract…same as NFL.
[Reply]
scho63 09:40 PM 05-23-2024
Darryl Dawkins told me how about 10 of the biggest colleges gave him bags of money to go to their schools before he went straight to the NBA.

They took him to fast food drive thrus and delivered the cash through tje window in the Burger King and McDonald's bags.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:17 PM 05-23-2024
On one hand it's great to see the players get paid but on another hand I think it's going to absolutely crush the non power conference programs.

Would have rather seen an evenly paid out salary across all programs.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:52 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ill admit Im more turned off of college athletics more than ever
It just makes “legal” what has been going on for forever.
[Reply]
K9Texan 05:39 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Sucks for the viewer, great for the athletes.

I disagree. The players should be paid and paid according to their merits. College Football should have a draft and put an end to recruiting and the transfer portal. Parity in CFB would be amazing for the sport!
[Reply]
K9Texan 05:40 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yeah, that transfer rule where they can move around from school to school so easily pretty much killed it for me.

Damn that sucks and this is going to make it worse.
Yea, every player is essentially and always an unrestricted free agent.
[Reply]
K9Texan 05:50 AM 05-24-2024

It will go until CFB adopts a system similar to the NFL. The days of certain programs hoarding all of the best talent isn't as good for the industry as opposed to a shared balance of talent.

At one point a couple years ago Ohio State's WR room consisted of Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Jameson Wjlliams, Jaxon SMJ, Marvin Harrison Jr., and Emeka Egbuka. The first five listed were all 1st round picks and Egbuka is in his final year and a probable first or second round pick.

That's great for Ohio State but not for competitive balance.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 07:46 AM 05-24-2024
Yale and Harvard are back, baby!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up