ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tacos are sandwiches
HemiEd 06:45 AM 05-17-2024
Indiana judge rules tacos and burritos are, in fact, sandwiches
The ruling stemmed from a legal battle between a developer with plans to open a Mexican restaurant and a local zoning commission.

By Gerardo Pons, NBC Washington
Are tacos and burritos sandwiches? A judge in Indiana thinks so.

The ruling stems from a legal battle that started in 2022, when Martin Quintana, a developer, unveiled plans to open his restaurant, “The Famous Taco Mexican Grill,” on a strip mall in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

The Allen County Planning Commission rejected his bid to open the eatery, citing a written commitment that Quintana had accepted. According to the agreement with a local condo association, only alcohol-free restaurants that did not allow outdoor seating and only sold “made-to-order or subway-style sandwiches” were allowed to open at the location.

The agreement was put in place to keep some national fast-food chains from opening at the strip mall, according to court documents obtained by NBC affiliate WPTA.But after over two years of legal battles, Judge Craig Bobay from the Allen County Superior Court ruled Quintana’s original plans would be permissible based on the original commitment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...ent=newsletter
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:17 AM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
So happy to see our courts are tackling the most important issues facing our country.
Well it's not like court really had choice, right?

It sounds like it was the planning commission/ordnance that was at fault?

So when somebody sues, the court has to rule one way or another. Even a dismissal is a ruling.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:19 AM 05-17-2024
But having a rule saying a restaurant can only serve a 'sandwich' is going to be problematic.

The last time I got ribs, I believe it was technically an open face sandwich because it was served on bread.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:26 AM 05-17-2024
Does subway style mean cold when assembled or served? I could see the problem, kinda
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 10:34 AM 05-17-2024
In terms of the lawsuit that makes sense. Tacos are pretty easy assembly items too
[Reply]
PHOG 10:49 AM 05-17-2024
Phew! At least that's been settled. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:09 AM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Does subway style mean cold when assembled or served? I could see the problem, kinda
You've never had a hot subway meatball sandwich, huh?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:10 AM 05-17-2024
Sandwiches are served on bread.

Bread is made with yeast.

Tortillas do not use yeast. They may not even use flower.

This is erroneous.
[Reply]
srvy 12:35 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Sandwiches are served on bread.

Bread is made with yeast.

Tortillas do not use yeast. They may not even use flower.

This is erroneous.
Uhm a flower tortilla is unleavened bread.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:41 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
If the Touhy's lived there you can bet there would be a taco bell. And they would actually serve God damn chili cheese burritos!
This NO CHILITO bullshit is a travesty!! I'm with you, brother!!

#FreeTheChilitos
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:46 PM 05-17-2024
I prefer to make laws and ordinances based on the table sauce. Cholula fuck yeah, Tapatio...GTFO.
[Reply]
srvy 12:57 PM 05-17-2024
Team Tapatio is great on eggs.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:11 PM 05-17-2024
Zoning commissions are the worst.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:13 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I prefer to make laws and ordinances based on the table sauce. Cholula fuck yeah, Tapatio...GTFO.
Team Cholula ftw!!!!!
[Reply]
loochy 01:45 PM 05-17-2024
Well whatever they are, they're delicious
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:51 PM 05-17-2024
This is not what I thought this thread was going to be about when I clicked it.

But to give my unsolicited 2-cents anyway, I’ve always been a Cholula man over Tapatio.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up