ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Jedi: Fallen Order
CoMoChief 01:34 PM 04-14-2019
EA makes me VERY skeptical about purchasing this....but we've been craving a good Star Wars game for decades. Battlefront was a god damn mess. I hope to God they've learned their lesson on that (probably haven't)..can't really tell anything off of a trailer that doesn't show any gameplay...wonder why?

I just wish there was an open world (universe) game where you can fly/travel from planet to planet, have missions etc...kinda like a GTA type game, where you can be a Jedi in training, become an apprentice, battle the empire, fly the Falcon, have personal droids, fly Xwings and have space battles, also allows you to play the other side of the card where you can be the empire and train under Vader or something and you could do missions, fly in Tiefighters etc. There is SO much they could do w/ a Star Wars game, but it never gets done. Battlefront was a half assed mess.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:39 PM 04-14-2019
EA is on a "prove it" deal with me. I am cautiously optimistic.
[Reply]
Pants 08:00 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Single player only. No microtransactions or lootboxes. Developed by Respawn Entertainment (Titanfall, Apex Legends) using Unreal Engine. Stars Cameron Monaghan as Cal Kestis, a Jedi Padawan who survived Order 66.

Don't forget Call of Duty. One of the most influential video game franchises of all time.

Games like this and Cyberpunk 2077 are just more proof that the SP experience will never go away.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:17 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Pants:
Don't forget Call of Duty. One of the most influential video game franchises of all time.

Games like this and Cyberpunk 2077 are just more proof that the SP experience will never go away.
The weird thing is that EA cancelled TWO single player games recently, one that was going to be a continuation or reboot of KOTOR, and the other was inspired by Uncharted. Both were cancelled because they wanted focus on games as service. And yet this is out in November. Which isn't a bad thing but still...weird.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:35 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The weird thing is that EA cancelled TWO single player games recently, one that was going to be a continuation or reboot of KOTOR, and the other was inspired by Uncharted. Both were cancelled because they wanted focus on games as service. And yet this is out in November. Which isn't a bad thing but still...weird.
I really want a new KOTOR and/or Mass Effect. I wish Bioware wouldn't waste their time with Dragon Age. I still wish they had expanded upon Mass Effect instead of Anthem, the Multiplayer on ME3 needed more to it and I bet it would have been a lot better game.
[Reply]
Fish 08:25 PM 04-15-2019
Looks pretty cool. Love that it's single player. Count me in.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:36 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Looks pretty cool. Love that it's single player. Count me in.
Yes, yes, and yes.

[Reply]
Setsuna 07:10 PM 04-17-2019
It's EA. Not buying it. They need 3 years of consumer friendly practices before I ever purchase anything from them again.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:51 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
It's EA. Not buying it. They need 3 years of consumer friendly practices before I ever purchase anything from them again.
Meh the same could be said for just about every games company, all a bunch of greedy bastards as a general rule.
[Reply]
007 10:00 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Meh the same could be said for just about every games company, all a bunch of greedy bastards as a general rule.
It all started with the mobile gaming devs. Thats where all the microtransaction shit started.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:38 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
It all started with the mobile gaming devs. Thats where all the microtransaction shit started.
Right I hate mobile games with a passion, but it's undeniable it's a huge cash cow. My wife loves mobile games but i've warned her I'm leaving her if she spends a penny on them. :P
[Reply]
007 10:43 PM 04-18-2019
Right I hate mobile games with a passion, but it's undeniable it's a huge cash cow. My wife loves mobile games but i've warned her I'm leaving her if she spends a penny on them. :P
If I really enjoy a game I will sometimes pay the small one or two dollar fee to remove the ads. But that is as far as I'll go.

That said, I'm finding it harder and harder to find good mobile games because they load them down with so many ads and started adding timegates and paygates.

The old Plants vs Zombie and Cover Orange style games are gone. Its all about how much money you can squeeze from a customer now.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:02 AM 04-19-2019
You are right. And I don't buy from them either. I'll wait for the discount after it's been out for a year if at all.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:05 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
You are right. And I don't buy from them either. I'll wait for the discount after it's been out for a year if at all.
I don't blame you that's how most approach it. You see so many half assed or broken games asking for $60 plus dlc.
[Reply]
Setsuna 06:24 PM 04-19-2019
I don't blame you that's how most approach it. You see so many half assed or broken games asking for $60 plus dlc.
Yeah. I dont fault anyone for doing whatever the heck they want with thier money either. I just hope you enjoy it enough for your expectations. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up