ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Open letter to Coach Spags
Pitt Gorilla 11:14 AM 02-17-2020
"If only we could have a Top 20 defense." And then, it happened.
[Reply]
Danguardace 11:15 AM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
"If only we could have a Top 20 defense." And then, it happened.
This^^^
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:18 AM 02-17-2020
Spags is a good guy and like Andy Reid people in the league seem to really love him. Talk about a guy with bad break after bad break. Mcadoo-gate, bountygate. He deserves it. To not only blow up the scheme but turn it around in one year is something else.

Spags was finally in the right place at the right time. He hired the best coaches out there and we were tremendously lucky in particular to get Brendan Daly. I have a feeling he was a huge part of the adjustments we make each game. I don't know how long we can keep him, but he's got a really bright future. And veach. Spags was smart enough to know what changes he wanted but credit to the two for working together to keep trying. Who cares if the Darron Lee experiment didn't work. If McClain was useless. Good on them for not settling, but then quickly moving on. It was that relentless experimentation that led us to Pennel. That led to expanding Sorensons role. The brilliant idea to give Kendall Fuller looks at safety.
[Reply]
oldman 12:46 PM 02-17-2020
You make some good points here, but the best one is that they kept tinkering. Spags says "I need another run stuffer" and Veach finds Pennel lounging around. Moving Fuller and the Landlord around like chess pieces on steroids allows Sorenson to do what he does best, be in the right place at the right time rather than chasing down a WR.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:48 PM 02-17-2020
It’s sure nice having a defensive coach who gameplans around his opponent instead of the “this is what we do” style coaching of a Sutton.

You can even see what that kind of style does to a team with elite defensive talent, like the Niners. You play the same scheme over and over, you’re gonna get burned, even if you have the most talented D in the league.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:50 PM 02-17-2020
How much truth is there to the rumor that Spags wants to try being a HC again in the near future?
[Reply]
R Clark 03:25 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
How much truth is there to the rumor that Spags wants to try being a HC again in the near future?
None I hope , where did you hear this nasty rumor?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:05 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
None I hope , where did you hear this nasty rumor?
I can't remember exactly anymore. Either on FB, or on my generic newsfeed is my best guess. It was a short two sentence or so blurb about Spags telling someone that he was interested in another HC job soon.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:39 PM 02-17-2020
I can't remember exactly anymore. Either on FB, or on my generic newsfeed is my best guess. It was a short two sentence or so blurb about Spags telling someone that he was interested in another HC job soon.
just wanting Spags to be the next Buddy Ryan! Chill the F out! GO CHIEFS! and a KILLER D!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:17 PM 02-17-2020
I don't know if I've heard anyone say that except just assuming he would. I don't really know why he'd want that. He's in a perfect situation now. Why leave it?

But... if he did walk away, I'd be more than happy to give Brendan Daly the keys.
[Reply]
candyman 02:57 PM 02-17-2020
He's definitely no Greg Robinson
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 03:14 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
He's definitely no Greg Robinson
Nut-hooks for mentioning him and his _efense.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:30 PM 02-17-2020
Watching Chiefs/Rams on NFL Network.

My God our defense is so utter garbage in this game it is unbelievable how much better it ended up being with Spags
[Reply]
Chief Northman 03:31 PM 02-17-2020
This was well-written by Stout. I’m not always a fan of his draft prospect evaluations, but he understands x and o’s and does a great job of film breakdown.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:21 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
This was well-written by Stout. I’m not always a fan of his draft prospect evaluations, but he understands x and o’s and does a great job of film breakdown.
I like listening to those AP guys on their podcast but every now and then they have a take where I’m just like.... what the FUCK.

The one that sticks out big time is they were saying that Wylie needed to play LG over Wisniewski right before the playoffs started, and made it sound as if Wis was just really bad. Never really understood that one, at all.

But hey, they’re right more often than not.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up