ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Grandview, MO
jspchief 11:03 AM 08-17-2005
Anyone on here from Grandview or know the area?

I need to book a hotel, somewhere close to 71 and Main in Grandview. I don't want to stay in a dump, but it doesn't have to be the Drake either. So far, there's a Holiday Inn Express in Belton that I'm looking at, but I'd prefer to be a bit north of that. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:10 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea its too bad..Grandview really has become dumpy over the years.....I used to love going to the Crest Drive-in when i was a kid.
To be fair, it's languishing a bit in preparation for the 71 expansion. Those of you who haven't been there recently, it's f@cking HUGE, and it's anticipation has taken out a ton of businesses [the above mentioned McDs, BW, UMB, as well as the Red Bridge Ford Dealership and the gas station across from it, the School Bus yard [Laidlaw?], The bowling alley and other small businesses along Hillcrest] and has others [such as Truman Corners. If the expansion weren't pending, I'm sure a big box would've filled the Wards vacancy by now] waiting for things to develop before retooling and expanding. I think when that project is done, there's gonna be a TON of development on the corridor.

Also, Marion Lab's failure to follow through on their campus plans fooked them for a bit.
[Reply]
KC Jones 06:36 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by jspchief:
but it doesn't have to be the Drake either.
Well, you really won't have to worry about that.
[Reply]
KC Jones 06:39 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
To be fair, it's languishing a bit in preparation for the 71 expansion. Those of you who haven't been there recently, it's f@cking HUGE, and it's anticipation has taken out a ton of businesses [the above mentioned McDs, BW, UMB, as well as the Red Bridge Ford Dealership and the gas station across from it, the School Bus yard [Laidlaw?], The bowling alley and other small businesses along Hillcrest] and has others [such as Truman Corners. If the expansion weren't pending, I'm sure a big box would've filled the Wards vacancy by now] waiting for things to develop before retooling and expanding. I think when that project is done, there's gonna be a TON of development on the corridor.

Also, Marion Lab's failure to follow through on their campus plans fooked them for a bit.

Will Truman Corners be safe? I'd hate to see a gorgeous landmark and business/cultural mecca like that be lost for the ages. Maybe we should start a rundown suburban heritage society to save it.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:44 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by KC Jones:
Will Truman Corners be safe? I'd hate to see a gorgeous landmark and business/cultural mecca like that be lost for the ages. Maybe we should start a rundown suburban heritage society to save it.
Who cares? Once Harry T's closed their doors, Truman Corners ceased to exist for me.
[Reply]
KC Jones 06:46 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Who cares? Once Harry T's closed their doors, Truman Corners ceased to exist for me.
yeah - I should have done more to indicate that was TIC. I stopped caring about Truman Corners when my parents had the foresight to move us out of the shithole that is Ruskin. My apologies to all Ruskin residents - I'm sorry you live there.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:47 PM 08-17-2005

Crest drive in, Truman Corners, and there used to be a Shakey's pizza we used to go to.

Used to pay foosball across the street from Truman Corners. we also used to ride our bikes up hillcrest from Bannister all the way to truman corners...
[Reply]
stevieray 06:48 PM 08-17-2005
yeah - I should have done more to indicate that was TIC. I stopped caring about Truman Corners when my parents had the foresight to move us out of the shithole that is Ruskin. My apologies to all Ruskin residents - I'm sorry you live there.
I went to Baptiste in the 7th grade
[Reply]
4th and Long 06:50 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Crest drive in, Truman Corners, and there used to be a Shakey's pizza we used to go to.
Damn! I'd forgotten all about those places! My memory isnt what it used to be, obviously.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:51 PM 08-17-2005
My post was TIC also. Here's a web site that outlines all of the changes proposed to the Grandview Triangle area.

http://www.kctriangle.org/1h_design.htm

It looks like the hotel formerly known as Best Western will survive the improvements.
[Reply]
Uatu 06:59 PM 08-17-2005
Hah. I know a couple who, for some reason, bought a house there about 5 years ago. The house was rock bottom. I know people who have paid more for cars.

Unfortunately as far as an investment or trying to unload it someday when they want to move up, I think he's going to be out of luck.
[Reply]
wutamess 07:01 PM 08-17-2005
Belton Inn.
is on 71 and you can't miss it.
I think it's 155th and 71.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:50 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Nah...Pudge's foosball was still open.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:04 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Nah...Pudge's foosball was still open.
That's the place...!!

:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 08:26 PM 08-17-2005
Since I live there, I can say there are more moment when I think "God, I can't wait to get out of this place" than there are "This place isn't so bad".

My neighbors are good people, etc but the immediately surrounding areas are terrible. Too many 'thugs' standing around at noon on a weekday with nothing better to do than to look 'cool'. I want to move out of here to a place where peoples 'rims' aren't worth more than their home.

Planning on trying to leave next year; put the house on the market this spring/summer and had VERY minimal showings (5 I think). Pretty much at the point where I have to sell it and probably break even at best after 4 years.
[Reply]
elvomito 09:23 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by damark:
Best to be "closer" to the plaza in KC. There are a couple "motels" around Eastwood Trafficway and Blue Parkway.
haha thats a good one
yea i recommend crown lodge aka crack lodge
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up