ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
Yes 115 82.14%
No 22 15.71%
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I like feeling included 3 2.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
Mephistopheles Janx 09:22 AM 11-16-2019
I used to love being a Chiefs fan. I knew every stat of every player, could tell you the college each of them went to, knew exactly what awards they had won.

2009-2012 had Pioli and Cassel put a dagger right in my heart.

To be honest... I've never fully recovered. Mahomes did a lot to heal me... but even he didn't completely fill the void.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:44 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I used to love being a Chiefs fan. I knew every stat of every player, could tell you the college each of them went to, knew exactly what awards they had won.

To be honest... I've never fully recovered. Mahomes did a lot to heal me... but even he didn't completely fill the void.
I echo this.

I used to know the names of the entire roster, strengths and weaknesses and pour over every article written about the Chiefs. Somewhere in the Herm Edwards era / Tyler Palko or whatever - I had that level of engagement sucked out of me.

I feel like I see it how it is now. An entertainment. Certainly not a thing to let control your mood for the day. I still watch the Chiefs as much as I can, but not necessarily as a top top priority.

Mahomes/Hill/Kelce is a wondrous sight to behold.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:

I used to be a football junkie too and this board was a big part of it. After Matt Cassel and Alex Smith back-to-back, I lost a lot of interest in arguing about a team that was obviously going nowhere.

Mahomes has definitely increased my interest in the Chiefs but it has only slightly increased my interest in CP because in my time away, I realized I enjoy Chiefs football a lot more when I’m not talking about it 24x7.
[Reply]
ClarkGriswold 06:50 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Being a Chiefs fan is like a dry hand job
More like beating off with your thumb over the hole!!!!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:21 AM 11-16-2019
We have the best QB in the NFL. These days, yes, I enjoy being a Chiefs fan. There's always hope.

You unfortunately can't say the same for some of these miserable twitchy little freaks who post here.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 09:27 AM 11-16-2019
With Mahomes under center, I know that going into every game we have a legitimate chance to win. I'm just hoping that by the playoffs, our defense gells and plays just respectable football. Hunt opened up his check book and signed the best available at coaching. Now, it's THEIR job to get players to play within the scheme and not worry about personal stats (aka Chris Jones).
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:32 AM 11-16-2019
I was born 23 days after SB IV. I was born in a household that were Chiefs fans. I have no Damn choice in the matter.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:58 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I was born 23 days after SB IV. I was born in a household that were Chiefs fans. I have no Damn choice in the matter.
This. I never had a choice.

That being said, I started watching in the early Schottenheimer era.

My first 2 playoff losses were the Dave Szott hold in Miami, and the qst Buffalo beatdown.

Then we got Montana and Allen, and I'm like "whoa, SUPER BOWL TIME."

Basically been like jacking off with a cheese grater ever since.
[Reply]
burt 10:08 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

Yep. Zactly.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:11 AM 11-16-2019
I enjoy fishing and I cuss a lot when I fish so the two are the same I love them both.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:14 AM 11-16-2019
Climbing a mountain shouldn't be easy but when you get to the top the view is spectacular so the reward is magnificent . No matter how long it takes us to reach the top and win a Super Bowl just think how much more satisfaction that will bring.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:16 AM 11-16-2019

At least 1 had the luxury of my early memories being of the mid/late 70's of suck. I knew pain early. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:58 AM 11-16-2019

My first 2 playoff losses were the Dave Szott hold in Miami, and the qst Buffalo beatdown.

Then we got Montana and Allen, and I'm like "whoa, SUPER BOWL TIME."

Given that this poll was basically designed for Sweet Daddy Hate and you, you could at least vote in it. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 09:38 AM 11-16-2019
Yes. It's frustrating at times but I still love it. My enjoyment of chiefs games isn't really tied to winning championships even though obviously I'd love that. If they win, I'm going to keep watching. If they lose I'm going to keep watching especially if they remain competitive.

For example, it's weird to me that some people supposedly didn't enjoy the Alex Smith years just because we didn't win a championship. Those were still enjoyable years to me because we were competitive in the vast majority of games and won most games. Now the Herm or Cassel years, I understand hating those years but as long as the chiefs are competitive, I'm going to enjoy it and hope that at the very end, the players and Reid are rewarded by a Superbowl win.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:42 AM 11-16-2019
The older I've gotten, the less I understand why people place so much of their identity and self-worth in the success of a football team. I understand getting upset over tough losses and bad coaches, but some tie their identity so closely to the team that criticisms of it are tantamount to attacks on their character. It's bizarre.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up