ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>3rd down back?
Couch-Potato 01:39 PM 06-18-2024
Watching a FF podcast where a non-chiefs fan suggested Pachecco might be a bust for the FF season.

Current sentiment is that Pachecco killed the second half of the season and playoffs last season, and that he'll see more touches and 3rd down responsibilities now that McKinnon is gone.

In the video they argue that the Chiefs RB room is weak after Pachecco, that there's nothing stopping us from making another acquisition for a 3rd down back to support our run game.

A few questions come to mind:

1) Do we trust Pachecco as our 3rd down back?

2) Should we add another RB?

3) Who, if anyone, would be available?

...thoughts?
[Reply]
threebag 03:51 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
CEH? He can block and catch.
Fuck him, he sucks
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:02 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Anyone out there we could target in a decent trade to bolster our RB room?

What happens if Pachecco goes down, I'm not sure I'd be happy with CEH as our every down back.
Nobody trades for running backs in today's NFL
[Reply]
BWillie 06:30 PM 06-18-2024
That's why I hate the resigning of CEH. What's this teams biggest offensive weakness? 3rd and short, 4th and short. A 3rd down back who isn't even fast can just bull forward could go a long way in these situations.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:16 PM 06-18-2024
We’re not gonna need a third down back. Doubt this offense sees a single one all season.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:21 PM 06-18-2024
Would be pretty surprised if they dont sign McKinnon right before camp.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:27 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That's why I hate the resigning of CEH. What's this teams biggest offensive weakness? 3rd and short, 4th and short. A 3rd down back who isn't even fast can just bull forward could go a long way in these situations.
THIS is a good point. We do have trouble at the goal line pushing it in, Andy always gets fancy but PHI over there just pushing people forward.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:31 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Nobody trades for running backs in today's NFL
Meh, a late pick swap scenario for a guy buried at #3 on a depth chart somewhere. Someone young, with a promising draft profile but hasn't had the opportunity yet, to push CEH as our #2b RB.

Lot's of folks around here were pretty high on our UDFA Emani Bailey. I guess he fits the profile I've outlined above: https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...y-RB-Louisiana
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:13 PM 06-18-2024
Meh, a late pick swap scenario for a guy buried at #3 on a depth chart somewhere. Someone young, with a promising draft profile but hasn't had the opportunity yet, to push CEH as our #2b RB.

Lot's of folks around here were pretty high on our UDFA Emani Bailey. I guess he fits the profile I've outlined above: https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...y-RB-Louisiana
Right. They'd be much more likely to look within than to trade. Maybe during the draft, maybe. But a summer pick swap for a RB, I don't see it.
[Reply]
Bump 08:14 PM 06-18-2024

ya haven't heard much about Bailey since they signed him but his tape didn't look terrible
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:19 PM 06-18-2024
CEH is climbing up the totals in his career.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:30 PM 06-18-2024
It's fantasy football.

They're saying per his current draft position he's overrated, which is higher this year bc he played well end of last season and is expected to get 3rd down touches. They're saying "bust" bc he might not get as many points as other 2nd round FF prospects in the same range. They're suggesting this might be the case bc he's never had 3rd down responsibilities in KC and its only assumed that he will, currently. They wonder if there's a 3rd down back on our roster, or that we might add to our roster, that would diminish Pachecco's return as a Fantasy Football pick.
I understand that.

My point is that FF is all about opportunity, so if you think he's going to get those 3rd down snaps too, he's unlikely to bust.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:13 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Right. They'd be much more likely to look within than to trade. Maybe during the draft, maybe. But a summer pick swap for a RB, I don't see it.
Depends on how Bailey looks in camp I suppose.

If Pachecco got injured, god forbid, I could see them considering a move.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:13 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
ya haven't heard much about Bailey since they signed him but his tape didn't look terrible
For whatever reason he had a terrible combine, or maybe it was his RAS score, or both.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:51 PM 06-18-2024
I really want to see how Emani Bailey performs in camp and preseason. He's performed well in college as a multi-faceted back. Prince and Rees-Zammit might show some growth too. I wouldn't be in a rush to worry about it. There's always a vet option lying around if it doesn't work out.
[Reply]
-King- 11:32 PM 06-18-2024
Hopefully Bailey.

I honestly don't know what CEH did last year that made people like him again. It was his worst year by far and he's still slow, injury prone with bad vision.

I'd kill for a fast shifty back like Achane in this offense. Wish we'd taken a shot at that in the later rounds of the draft.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up