ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Are you getting a flu shot this year?
Yes 90 59.60%
No 58 38.41%
Gaz says vaccinations cause penis shrinkage 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you getting a flu shot this year?
old_geezer 02:02 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I've heard this before and as much as I hate being 'that guy' - The only time I got one - I ended up with the Flu.
I'm in the same boat. Three years ago I got talked into taking a flu shot even though I hadn't been sick with the flu for as long as I can remember. Less than 48 hours later I started feeling bad and the next two weeks were the sickest I can ever remember being. Haven't had a shot since then and I haven't been sick since. Hell, I'm in my mid 70's and I haven't even visited a doctor in the last two years. :-)

Edit; Probably didn't get the flu from that shot but I firmly believe that something in that shot made me sick.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:50 PM 10-17-2020
Has the widespread usage of flu vaccines lowered the amount of cases or deaths? Pretty simple question that most people probably don't know the answer to.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:52 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
Has the widespread usage of flu vaccines lowered the amount of cases or deaths? Pretty simple question that most people probably don't know the answer to.
Yes.

Glad we could clear that up.
[Reply]
TLO 02:03 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Also inb4 someone claims that getting the flu shot caused them to get the flu.
I've heard this before and as much as I hate being 'that guy' - The only time I got one - I ended up with the Flu.
It doesn't bother me, but that was some crazy timing though.
[Reply]
TLO 01:42 PM 10-16-2020
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:43 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
that really bothers people huh? Well it's the cold hard truth
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:42 PM 10-16-2020
The problem with getting a flu shot now is that you'll probably end up getting a different variant in January. We're almost to the point where we need two flu shots for two different seasons every year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:49 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The problem with getting a flu shot now is that you'll probably end up getting a different variant in January. We're almost to the point where we need two flu shots for two different seasons every year.
The first year I worked in a hospital, I was sick the whole year. It felt like I caught every bug in existence. But, after that, no issues. I think it was mandatory to get the flu shot at one place I worked?

Like I said, been decades since I got a flu shot. I figured this year to maybe avoid the seasonal flu or at least one of the variants in the shot. Maybe as a back up plan to not get caught in a compromised state due to the seasonal flu and then pick up covid.

Probably in the end, didn't lower my chances of a bad covid outcome. Helps it was free, easy to access and no complications to go ahead and say what the hell this year.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:44 PM 10-16-2020
also don't ask a question if you don't want honest answers - here - I'll fabricate a response for you.

NO BUT I'M GOING TO GO - Walgreens is offering a free $10 gift card PLUS the shot is literally free atop that!
[Reply]
Chief Pote 03:03 PM 10-16-2020
also don't ask a question if you don't want honest answers - here - I'll fabricate a response for you.

NO BUT I'M GOING TO GO - Walgreens is offering a free $10 gift card PLUS the shot is literally free atop that!
LOL Is there a high five thingy? Oh what the hell....high five SR.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 01:49 PM 10-16-2020
Yes. This is Not a COVID inspired change as our son has a heart condition so we all get them each year to help protect him.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:51 PM 10-16-2020
Sure did...3 weeks ago.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:53 PM 10-16-2020
Got mine this morning.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:56 PM 10-16-2020
Sure did and let everyone on Facebook know as well
[Reply]
TLO 02:03 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited: