ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Belichick done in NE
SHOWTIME 06:13 AM 01-11-2024

🚨 🚨 🚨

The #Patriots are moving on and so is the greatest coach of all time.

Bill Belichick won’t be New England’s coach in 2024, per me and @TomPelissero, as his celebrated 24-year tenure, one that included 6 Super Bowl wins, is over. A new era awaits. pic.twitter.com/QRqfe2lkHh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 11, 2024

[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:00 AM 01-11-2024
Fired twice in one day?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:00 AM 01-11-2024
Worst coach of all time tbh
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:00 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Fired twice in one day?
They just wanted to make sure it took
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:02 AM 01-11-2024
Belichick probably wanted to retain control over personnel and Roger Kraft likely said no. He could end up in the AFCW with the Raiders or Chargers, but I can't see him competing with Mahomes/Reid. Washington is probably the best destination for him given that he would have the 2nd overall pick and could end up with Caleb Williams. Can you imagine? Not only that, he gets to screw the Pats over since they pick at #3.
[Reply]
wazu 07:04 AM 01-11-2024
So long to the GOAT cheater.
[Reply]
irafreak 07:06 AM 01-11-2024
Really helps us put this season in perspective thought. 6 superbowl wins in 24 years. Six. We have 2 in 5 under mahomes and Reid.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:08 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You forgot the cheating, bought off ref$ and pure shit luck.
Oh, I also forgot to mention the six extra byes they got every season by playing for 20 years in the least competitive division in the history of organized sports.
[Reply]
Spott 01-11-2024, 07:10 AM
This message has been deleted by Spott. Reason: Some peckerhead mod combined the threads, so this joke no longer makes sense
KC_Connection 07:12 AM 01-11-2024
He didn’t look as good when the phantom DPI calls on 3rd down dried up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:15 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Belichick probably wanted to retain control over personnel and Roger Kraft likely said no. He could end up in the AFCW with the Raiders or Chargers, but I can't see him competing with Mahomes/Reid. Washington is probably the best destination for him given that he would have the 2nd overall pick and could end up with Caleb Williams. Can you imagine? Not only that, he gets to screw the Pats over since they pick at #3.
Dudes over 70. He's probably done. At least from a practical standpoint. He's pretty close to Shula's record, so my guess is he'll go chase that. Chargers have the team best set up for him to coast to a couple years of wins and get his record.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:15 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Oh, I also forgot to mention the six extra byes they got every season by playing for 20 years in the least competitive division in the history of organized sports.
This. The Pats road to the Super Bowl was always...

1. Win a crap division

2. Get homefield advantage (1 or 2 seed)

3. Beat a garbage team in the divisional round like Houston, Tennessee, etc.

4. Beat a pretty decent but not great team in the AFCCG (Steelers, Colts, etc)

5. Win a close super bowl by 3 or 4 points

Rinse and repeat for 20 years.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:17 AM 01-11-2024
So let's review...GOAT my ass.
[Reply]
Otter 07:17 AM 01-11-2024
Sounds like the Redskins (no I don't care) are interested in bringing in BB.

The Skins are a major rebuild though. I would think Bill would want to go somewhere with pcs in place like LA or LV or Dallas. He needs 17 wins I think, to beat Shulas record.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:21 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
Sounds like the Redskins (no I don't care) are interested in bringing in BB.

The Skins are a major rebuild though. I would think Bill would want to go somewhere with pcs in place like LA or LV or Dallas. He needs 17 wins I think, to beat Shulas record.
That's the thing though...do you want to come to LA or LV and compete with Mahomes for the rest of your career and at best coach a 2nd place team? Dallas sounds intriguing for sure, but they would have to choke in the playoffs for Jerry to pull the plug on McCarthy....and that may take several weeks for that to transpire. Washington has some good pieces in place minus the QB...McLaurin, Dotson, Samuel, and a solid defense. With Caleb, Belichick could probably turn Washington into a winner in a few years.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:23 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Fired twice in one day?
Talk about extreme prejudice
[Reply]
Otter 07:31 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
That's the thing though...do you want to come to LA or LV and compete with Mahomes for the rest of your career and at best coach a 2nd place team? Dallas sounds intriguing for sure, but they would have to choke in the playoffs for Jerry to pull the plug on McCarthy....and that may take several weeks for that to transpire. Washington has some good pieces in place minus the QB...McLaurin, Dotson, Samuel, and a solid defense. With Caleb, Belichick could probably turn Washington into a winner in a few years.

Your confidence in Washington being successful within the next 5-7 years far exceeds mine.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up