ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Repair chipped tile or not
lewdog 10:16 AM 06-29-2024
We just had a few rooms of our house done in wood look tile, the job was finished yesterday. I need the brain trust of CP to tell me if I should ask them to fix a small chipped tile spot that we found this morning. Yes, it is small as shown in the zoomed out picture, but it is in the middle of the room. If this was in a corner, I would no doubt let it go.

Also given the cost/labor of this tile job, I expected them to not to have a finished product like this where someone clearly noticed and decided to grout the chip instead of fixing it! I am suspecting that something was dropped on it near the end of the project and since this tile was already set, they didn't want to fuck with it.

My concern is asking them to come rip out this tile and repair it could have it looking worse, correct, messing up the surrounding tiles/grout? Should I even bother with this?

[Reply]
PHOG 11:38 AM 06-29-2024
If your wife wants it fixed, trust me, there's your answer. IMHO
[Reply]
Bowser 11:46 AM 06-29-2024

[Reply]
neech 12:01 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
That’s pretty nitpicky to me.
Agreed.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:03 PM 06-29-2024
Put in marble ya pleb

It looks fine and beautiful tbh
[Reply]
notorious 12:21 PM 06-29-2024
I’ve been held to way more nitpicky stuff than that, like things beyond all reason.

Call them, tell them what’s up. A dab of paint will clean that right up, and if that wears out ask for replacement. They should be more than happy to do it, and I’m shocked they didn’t fix it before you saw it.

If they would have touched it up right away you would have never knew it existed.
[Reply]
scho63 12:35 PM 06-29-2024
Tile can easily be replaced. My fear is that if they are sloppy, they screw up other tiles adjoining them.

These look like large tiles, easier to fix and grout joints look wide, not tight.

The tile has two defects, one in the middle edge and the bottom corner.

However, the rule of thumb from floor covering associations is all job installation evaluations are done from a standing position with normal lighting.

If you can see defects, cracks, uneven flooring you have a right to fix.

If you can only see things when on your hands and knees or using a flashlight, you have no cause.
[Reply]
scho63 12:36 PM 06-29-2024
What would an Alpha male do?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:38 PM 06-29-2024
If you made a thread about it, I guarendamtee it will drive you bonkers every day till it's fixed. Are you a chick?
[Reply]
lewdog 12:42 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Tile can easily be replaced. My fear is that if they are sloppy, they screw up other tiles adjoining them.

These look like large tiles, easier to fix and grout joints look wide, not tight.

The tile has two defects, one in the middle edge and the bottom corner.

However, the rule of thumb from floor covering associations is all job installation evaluations are done from a standing position with normal lighting.

If you can see defects, cracks, uneven flooring you have a right to fix.

If you can only see things when on your hands and knees or using a flashlight, you have no cause.
These are very large tiles so I think it could easily be done, hopefully, without messing up the other tiles. This is the only one like it. The rest are really done very nicely.

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
If you made a thread about it, I guarendamtee it will drive you bonkers every day till it's fixed. Are you a chick?
Nah man, I live in a neighborhood with curbs and I park my cars in the garage. I just have standards.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:44 PM 06-29-2024
We have similar and some of ours cracked a little I'm pretty mad about it but I'm just leaving it alone because I don't want to try to rip these up
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:44 PM 06-29-2024
Yes but I think I'm right it will drive you insane! Get it fixed
[Reply]
lewdog 12:47 PM 06-29-2024
Owner called me back. Said it's not a problem to replace the tile and can be done next week. Asked if there are any others they can replaced when they come out (there aren't). Is also going to give me another full box of tile for future replacements/repairs.

Outstanding.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:53 PM 06-29-2024
holy shit you are a woman
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:00 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
holy shit you are a woman
How’s your linoleum look
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:02 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi: