ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Halloween season, what movie you currently watching or always watch or will watch
Easy 6 01:51 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
This was one of the few movies I went and saw in theatres and ended up leaving.

The others were Christmas With the Kranks (a briliant selection from the gf at the time wanting to further express her holiday cheer)

the other was The Arrival. Just a boring as hell movie.
To each their own, mang... I think its great, it created an entirely new genre
[Reply]
Otter 10:55 AM 10-24-2020

[Reply]
EPodolak 11:07 AM 10-24-2020
1950s Hammer Studio, at least a couple of those every Halloween season.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:56 PM 10-24-2020
Admittedly I don't really watch horror movies anymore (the wife won't watch them at all), but my favorite is American Werewolf in London.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:03 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Admittedly I don't really watch horror movies anymore (the wife won't watch them at all), but my favorite is American Werewolf in London.
Definite classic, those transformation effects were groundbreaking at the time
[Reply]
Frazod 02:08 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Definite classic, those transformation effects were groundbreaking at the time
And much like the effects in Carpenter's The Thing, they still hold up.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:20 PM 10-24-2020
Been a while since I've watched that one, but if memory serves I'd have to agree... speaking of great horror movies you nailed another one, The Thing is outstanding

And the reboot actually wasn't half bad either IMO
[Reply]
Frazod 02:43 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Been a while since I've watched that one, but if memory serves I'd have to agree... speaking of great horror movies you nailed another one, The Thing is outstanding

And the reboot actually wasn't half bad either IMO
It was actually a prequel. I enjoyed it as well. Wasn't nearly as good as the '82 film, though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:16 PM 10-24-2020
The Thing (one of my top 10 favs), Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead, Halloween. Thing is, I watched them all when there were no sports so I don't know if I'll watch them this year.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:23 PM 10-24-2020
Turned my 9 year old to this last week. He loved it.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:03 AM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Turned my 9 year old to this last week. He loved it.
Heh. I think that shit would have given me nightmares at 9, but it's a different world now. He probably sees worse shit than that in video games.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:24 PM 10-24-2020
Every Saturday night during October I stay up as late as I can and watch as many different scary movies as I can. Then wake up and watch NFL all day. One of my favorite months of the year!
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:38 AM 10-25-2020
I'm really not a fan of horror movies at all. But I I were going to show a double feature it would be Psycho and Silence of the Lambs.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:46 AM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I'm really not a fan of horror movies at all. But I I were going to show a double feature it would be Psycho and Silence of the Lambs.
Great choices!

Pyscho II is a pretty damn good movie too.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:34 AM 10-26-2020
A few years ago, I finally watched the Exorcist with a friend and his adult son, all the way through.
Having never seen it mostly and the fact it was from 70s, something stood out that was hilarious.
When the mom is in the doctors office..he's sitting there in his office, smoking a cigarette!
As soon as I realized that, I laughed and cheered and fist pumped! Such a 70s moment in film!
And then we saw Young Frankenstein. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up