ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>2018 Black Friday Thread
DJ's left nut 03:20 PM 11-15-2018
Really wanting a nicer price drop on that LG C8 OLED. That's just a fantastic television and it's pretty cheap as is, but LG has offered better black Friday deals in the past than they are this year.

At a shade under $1,700 I'm inclined to consider it, but that's really just a $200 discount over where you could get them anyway and with the '19s coming out soon, that will be the going rate in short order.

If they'd drop that sucker down to $1,500 for the 55'', I'd be all over it.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:58 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Really wanting a nicer price drop on that LG C8 OLED. That's just a fantastic television and it's pretty cheap as is, but LG has offered better black Friday deals in the past than they are this year.

At a shade under $1,700 I'm inclined to consider it, but that's really just a $200 discount over where you could get them anyway and with the '19s coming out soon, that will be the going rate in short order.

If they'd drop that sucker down to $1,500 for the 55'', I'd be all over it.
I think I’m going with the 65” version. The only thing holding me back is finding a stand I like.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:36 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I think I’m going with the 65” version. The only thing holding me back is finding a stand I like.
It's just such a good set. I mean I haven't been able to find a single cross word said about the thing. Some folks prefer one of Samsung's higher end QLED models because it's brighter and Sony has a new one that's a damn light cannon so it does color variation better, but both of those are quite a bit more expensive and not better; just a little different.

There doesn't appear to be a significant technology change on the horizon in the immediate future, so this is going to be a top of the line set for the next couple of years at least. Just a slam-dunk purchase, IMO.

But like I said, I think I can hold out just a little longer and get a better deal. Costco does a price adjustment where they'll put money back on your card if the price drops for 90 days after purchase, though so I may just decide 'screw it' and if a better deal comes around in December I'll have Costo slap some money back on my card.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:00 PM 11-16-2018
It's just such a good set. I mean I haven't been able to find a single cross word said about the thing. Some folks prefer one of Samsung's higher end QLED models because it's brighter and Sony has a new one that's a damn light cannon so it does color variation better, but both of those are quite a bit more expensive and not better; just a little different.

There doesn't appear to be a significant technology change on the horizon in the immediate future, so this is going to be a top of the line set for the next couple of years at least. Just a slam-dunk purchase, IMO.

But like I said, I think I can hold out just a little longer and get a better deal. Costco does a price adjustment where they'll put money back on your card if the price drops for 90 days after purchase, though so I may just decide 'screw it' and if a better deal comes around in December I'll have Costo slap some money back on my card.
Zero percent chance I’d pay a premium for equivalent Sony technology. And while I LOVE my Samsung FN8500 plasma (the last great set of the plasma era), OLED > QLED.
[Reply]
Miles 08:22 PM 11-16-2018

May keep an eye on Frys if in your area. I picked up the fairly new at the time 2017 model 55” over 2017 4th of July there on an unadvertised sale for $1,700 and recall they may have been around that last Black Friday. Slickdeals is a good source and avsforum has a deals section.

Love the set but only slight comment is it really shines when your room is dark but doesn’t do a brighter room as well as some of the better FALD LED. Better than plasma in this respect though.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:49 PM 11-15-2018
Going to be a huge year for discounts.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:00 PM 11-15-2018
My daughter (aged 23) wants an iPhone 8/9 for Christmas. I still have a flip phone (cave man) thus have no clue. Black Friday, or currently any day that ends in "Y", best deal?
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:12 PM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Holladay:
My daughter (aged 23) wants an iPhone 8/9 for Christmas. I still have a flip phone (cave man) thus have no clue. Black Friday, or currently any day that ends in "Y", best deal?
Better and cheaper.

https://www.ebay.com/p/OnePlus-6-128...0838525&chn=ps
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:00 AM 11-22-2018
Originally Posted by Holladay:
You got her the Cayman in red she wanted last year so go for it . they are $200 off everywhere. If you have Comcast, I suggest you start there.

[Reply]
Jerm 10:05 AM 11-16-2018
TCL TVs are actually pretty damn decent budget 4k TVs...esp. for gaming.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:24 AM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
TCL TVs are actually pretty damn decent budget 4k TVs...esp. for gaming.
Which is why I want one. We’ve got a 55” on the living room but I’m gaming on a 32” that I’ve had for years. Plus the kids like the Roku interface.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11-16-2018, 10:35 AM
This message has been deleted by The Franchise. Reason: Dup
Fish 11:17 AM 11-16-2018
TCL TVs get pretty good reviews for quality and low price.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:02 AM 11-22-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
SOME TCL TVs get pretty good reviews for quality and low price.
FIFU

What you should buy isn't on sale.....
[Reply]
SuperChief 11:50 AM 11-16-2018
I can't stand Roku. That shit is slowwwwwwww. And the UI really sucks.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up