ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:48 AM 10-01-2019

Ogbah sets the edge and pinches down. Wilson fights through block. Nice pursuit by Hitchens backside by the TE’s questionable block. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/Be21vUJF1Y

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 1, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, he tackled Hitchens from behind. Should have been a penalty probably.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:58 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, he tackled Hitchens from behind. Should have been a penalty probably.
Those refs also let a ton of stuff go, Detroit was very grabby at the line and also in the secondary.

Any team that is allowed to manhandle the Chiefs receivers is going to give them issues.
[Reply]
Sorce 12:25 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Those refs also let a ton of stuff go, Detroit was very grabby at the line and also in the secondary.

Any team that is allowed to manhandle the Chiefs receivers is going to give them issues.
Brady said we can't call holding anymore. /refs
[Reply]
O.city 12:01 PM 10-01-2019

Not sure what they wanted Fuller and Thornhill to do on this play but I know Breeland was doing his best to cover two receiving options at the same time. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/MrmIDtuJQA

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 1, 2019

[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:20 PM 10-01-2019
not sure if 2018 orlando scandrick..
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:58 PM 10-01-2019
:-)

Through 4 games, Kendall Fuller is allowing a 156.9(perfect passer rating=158.3), the highest in the league among CBs with at least 120 coverage snaps.

For comparisons sake, Ward is allowing a rating of 81.1 and Breeland is allowing a rating of 61.7.#Chiefs | #ChiefsKingdom

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) September 30, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:59 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
:-)
OUCH

It looked like he was struggling but :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:07 PM 10-01-2019
OUCH

It looked like he was struggling but :-)
I would like to restate my previous objection :-)

Yeah, Fuller's looked lost in space a lot this year. Which surprises the hell out of me, to be honest. I thought he'd really thrive. I mean for as much shit as Ward takes around these parts, he's generally where he's supposed to be (just doesn't locate the ball on time). Fuller, OTOH, is oftentimes just meandering about and forcing the rest of the squad to play 10 on 11.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:23 PM 10-01-2019
Jesus. That's terrible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 10-01-2019
Thornhill is really struggling. I saw a lot of that in the B-more game.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:39 PM 10-01-2019
I noticed that. Hoping that it is just the typical rookie with his head spinning. By the end of the season he should be doing more reacting instead of thinking.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:50 PM 10-01-2019
Was that on Thorhill or did Fuller fail to get his depth?

Hard to know for sure, but if fuller just gets back a bit, that window isn't there. There weren't any check valves hanging around on that side of the field and Stafford isn't exactly someone you have to spy so I'm not sure what he might have been doing there.

If I'm taking a wild-ass guess, I'd say that was on Fuller more than Thornhill. Thornhill still serves a purpose back at the end-line in case one of those guys coming across the middle tries to leak out to the back of the end zone; you can see what he was seeing and what he was trying to be responsible for.

Fuller? There was no way for him to make an impact on that play from where he was, especially when he's just standing alongside Hitchens. Those 2 guys aren't supposed to be covering the same zone and yet they were.

I'd put my money on that being a Fuller mistake more than a Thornhill one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Was that on Thorhill or did Fuller fail to get his depth?

Hard to know for sure, but if fuller just gets back a bit, that window isn't there. There weren't any check valves hanging around on that side of the field and Stafford isn't exactly someone you have to spy so I'm not sure what he might have been doing there.

If I'm taking a wild-ass guess, I'd say that was on Fuller more than Thornhill. Thornhill still serves a purpose back at the end-line in case one of those guys coming across the middle tries to leak out to the back of the end zone; you can see what he was seeing and what he was trying to be responsible for.

Fuller? There was no way for him to make an impact on that play from where he was, especially when he's just standing alongside Hitchens. Those 2 guys aren't supposed to be covering the same zone and yet they were.

I'd put my money on that being a Fuller mistake more than a Thornhill one.
Could very well be on Fuller that play but Thornhill also is late to get over. I said it after the Baltimore game - everything is still just a little faster than his processing. He'll get better as the season goes on.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:58 PM 10-01-2019
Could very well be on Fuller that play but Thornhill also is late to get over. I said it after the Baltimore game - everything is still just a little faster than his processing. He'll get better as the season goes on.
Yeah - Thornhill needs the game to slow down for him a bit, but the only thing that will do that is time.

I think that even if he reads that play a half step sooner it would've taken a hell of a play on that out-breaking route. Hard to allow the guy inside position like that and expect Thornhill to just break around his body, even if he reads it correctly.

Meanwhile, if Fuller gets his depth, there's nowhere to throw that ball.

I may be over-complicating it a bit, but with only 1 guy back and a bunch of short zones, it seems unlikely that Thornhill would've been tasked with playing robber over the middle 2/3 of the field.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up