ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 48
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
lawrenceRaider 08:34 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Not entirely sure, but that's definitely how it looks at this point. The credits scene from Infinity War was Fury sending a distress call to Ms. Marvel. And Feige has repeatedly said he's making her the strongest Avenger to date.
Warlock isn't/wasn't an Avenger. Unless I'm wrong on that?
[Reply]
Fish 11:01 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Warlock isn't/wasn't an Avenger. Unless I'm wrong on that?
Wasn't an Avenger, but was part of the Guardians of the Galaxy. He's got a really weird history. Even teamed up with Thanos in the comics at one point, to battle a big bad guy. Owned the soul stone for a long time. Which drove him psychotic. And then his evil psychosis became its own physical entity and turned into a villian. He accidentally destroyed the entire universe at one point too.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:08 AM 09-18-2018
Why didn’t Nick Fury dial her up for Avengers 1&2? They could have used her help.
[Reply]
Fish 11:15 AM 09-18-2018
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a blatant Girl Power "Get more females to watch comic book movies" schtick. They're making Ms. Marvel into something she never was, and it feels like they're doing it just for SJW reasons. While seemingly eliminating one of the most powerful heroes ever in Warlock, who is 100 times more interesting of a character than Danvers. It doesn't make sense. Hell even Thor is exponentially more powerful than Ms. Marvel.

Whatever... I just hope Warlock has some kind of future in the MCU, since they already teased it...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:49 AM 09-18-2018
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a blatant Girl Power "Get more females to watch comic book movies" schtick. They're making Ms. Marvel into something she never was, and it feels like they're doing it just for SJW reasons. While seemingly eliminating one of the most powerful heroes ever in Warlock, who is 100 times more interesting of a character than Danvers. It doesn't make sense. Hell even Thor is exponentially more powerful than Ms. Marvel.

Whatever... I just hope Warlock has some kind of future in the MCU, since they already teased it...
I say this not to trigger a political conversation, but to prepare people who might not have heard. Feige has made it clear, though not in so many words, that meddling with the characters and stories for political reasons is the plan for the future. The female/gay/tranny/etc... stuff is going to be ramped up moving forward.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:09 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I say this not to trigger a political conversation, but to prepare people who might not have heard. Feige has made it clear, though not in so many words, that meddling with the characters and stories for political reasons is the plan for the future. The female/gay/tranny/etc... stuff is going to be ramped up moving forward.
Did they miss that staying out of that crap and just serving up the, mostly, classic heroes everyone remembers and loves is the recipe for HUGE MOUNTAINS OF CASH?
[Reply]
bowener 03:55 PM 09-25-2018
That makes a lot of sense knowing they are going to bring the x-men under the umbrella finally. To show character depth within an x-men film pretty much means you are going to have parallels between social rights movement, sexual and gender persecution, and tyrannical governments. It was always there before, but most readers apparently couldn't read between the lines or just didn't want to?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:07 PM 09-25-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
That makes a lot of sense knowing they are going to bring the x-men under the umbrella finally. To show character depth within an x-men film pretty much means you are going to have parallels between social rights movement, sexual and gender persecution, and tyrannical governments. It was always there before, but most readers apparently couldn't read between the lines or just didn't want to?
There's a difference between subtle commentary and kicking someone in the balls.
[Reply]
threebag 02:35 PM 02-28-2019
Wait for the Muslim versions Coming To A Theatre Near You...
[Reply]
FAX 03:49 PM 09-19-2018

I don't know, man ... there have been some very good sci-fi films that featured female leads. You know which ones.

It can, has, and does work.

FAX
[Reply]
Rausch 01:12 AM 03-19-2019
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a blatant Girl Power "Get more females to watch comic book movies" schtick. They're making Ms. Marvel into something she never was, and it feels like they're doing it just for SJW reasons.
They did this 10 years ago in the comix.

She is THE SJW/Feminist Marvel character. It's all she's about in the comix for a decade now.

It would be like hiring David Duke to voice Kermit the Frog and then acting all shocked when he suddenly talks about wanting to lynch all the blue Muppets...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:01 PM 09-18-2018
I know Feige mentioned he'd like to add a Ms. Marvel movie down the road with kamala khan too.

Trailer was pretty good. Looking forward to it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:43 AM 09-19-2018
Meh. I'll see it just because it leads up to A4.

Not a big fan of women superheros being the main feat character. Wonder Woman was meh...I saw it more due to the fact that Gal Gadot is a fuckin babe.

The only way a Black Widow movie would be cool is if they made it R rated and made it dark as fuck...and mult scenes where ScarJo gets naked. BUT...that would never happen so fuck it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:42 AM 09-19-2018
This isn't Kathleen Kennedy. This is Marvel Studios.

They deserve the benefit of the doubt at the very least.

I'm pumped for this.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:16 AM 09-19-2018
isnt this the chick that Rogue sort of accidentally murdered, permanently absorbing her powers and gained flying super strength etc?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 48
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up