ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 198 of 379
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:55 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by All22:
But he watched the Superbowl on TV that season so?
Because of Dee Ford lining up offsides.

Solid argument by you, though, to discount Mahomes accomplishments last season. :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:55 AM 01-24-2020
I’ve noticed that just about every former player I’ve seen interviewed is picking KC. Cromartie, Sharpe, Tomlinson, Bettis (who said the Chiefs will stop SF’s rushing attack), and others that aren’t coming to mind.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 08:06 AM 01-24-2020
stop feeding the trolls fellas
[Reply]
Pushead2 08:18 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I’ve noticed that just about every former player I’ve seen interviewed is picking KC. Cromartie, Sharpe, Tomlinson, Bettis (who said the Chiefs will stop SF’s rushing attack), and others that aren’t coming to mind.
I believe Westbrook took SF.
[Reply]
All22 08:27 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Because of Dee Ford lining up offsides.

Solid argument by you, though, to discount Mahomes accomplishments last season. :-)
Made in response to someone discounting the accomplishment of making the Superbowl in your first healthy season as a starter.

If your team starts making Superbowls regularly you'll learn that accomplishments without Superbowl wins mean nothing.
[Reply]
Calcountry 08:29 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
How dare you lump Montana, the goat, in with that other garbage. Even in his later years, Montana was a QB capable of winning a super bowl and could put the team on his back at times. That other crap - not so much.
Agree with this it took him and Marcus Allen to get Marty S to an AFC championship game.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:31 AM 01-24-2020
Serious talk about the 49ers:

After watching the breakdown done by their version of Seth Kaysor, it’s going to be really interesting seeing how the Chiefs attack the 49ers Cover 3 looks.

I’m interested to see if the 49ers try to go to a dime look like San Diego, or if they try to use their nickel set and rely on the speed of Warner and Alexander/Greenlaw to make it work.

That seems to be what their guy thinks San Francisco is going to do.

They tried that, basically, last year, and KC found a ton of success throwing it. They actually ran the ball really poorly despite Hunt’s presence. Ford and Bosa are big additions, obviously, to the 49ers pass rush that change the equation a bit... but it will come down to patience and decision making.

I think the Chargers athleticism in the secondary and specifically Derwin James have been the keys to “slowing” KC (though I think it should be noted KC is averaging 30 PPG against them the past 2 years, with the low output being a game played on a horrible field that negated some of KC’s speed).

Going to be interesting to watch, for sure.

For KC, I think the pass defense will be really interesting. The Chiefs have been excellent-elite against deep passes this year, but Samuel and Kittle’s YAC ability is scary. I expect Spagnuolo to try to muddy up the middle of the field with disguised coverage to help with that, too.

Overall, it’s going to require a really strong fundamental effort all the way around from Kc’s D. DL and LB have to flow and fill their gaps against the zone blocking scheme. LB and secondary have to make sure tackled when the 49ers throw.
[Reply]
Danguardace 08:34 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

After watching the breakdown done by their version of Seth Kaysor, it’s going to be really interesting seeing how the Chiefs attack the 49ers Cover 3 looks.

I’m interested to see if the 49ers try to go to a dime look like San Diego, or if they try to use their nickel set and rely on the speed of Warner and Alexander/Greenlaw to make it work.

They tried that, basically, last year, and KC found a ton of success throwing it. They actually ran the ball really poorly despite Hunt’s presence. Ford and Bosa are big additions, obviously, to the 49ers pass rush that change the equation a bit... but it will come down to patience and decision making.

I think the Chargers athleticism in the secondary and specifically Derwin James have been the keys to “slowing” KC (though I think it should be noted KC is averaging 30 PPG against them the past 2 years, with the low output being a game played on a horrible field that negated some of KC’s speed).

For KC, I think the pass defense will be really interesting. The Chiefs have been excellent-elite against deep passes this year, but Samuel and Kittle’s YAC ability is scary. I expect Spagnuolo to try to muddy up the middle of the field with disguised coverage to help with that, too.

Overall, it’s going to require a really strong fundamental effort all the way around from Kc’s D. DL and LB have to flow and fill their gaps against the zone blocking scheme. LB and secondary have to make sure tackled when the 49ers throw.
Thanks for actually bringing something worth reading to this shit show of a thread
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:35 AM 01-24-2020
Made in response to someone discounting the accomplishment of making the Superbowl in your first healthy season as a starter.

If your team starts making Superbowls regularly you'll learn that accomplishments without Superbowl wins mean nothing.
Yeah first year starters throwing for 5000/50/12 and taking their team to the AFCCG with a shit defense.... I mean don’t all quarterbacks do that? You’ll see first hand when Mahomes dismantles your team and your dreams.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:36 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Yeah this struck me as well. Definitely a different ratio players vs pundits. Heard yesterday smart money is moving to KC as well and line could finish above 2. All this to say that the more knowledgeable recognize Chiefs clearly have more talent but of course any given Sunday always applies.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:37 AM 01-24-2020

LOL at all the puffy Giner Fans

[Reply]
Hern 08:45 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Yeah first year starters throwing for 5000/50/12 and taking their team to the AFCCG with a shit defense.... I mean don’t all quarterbacks do that? You’ll see first hand when Mahomes dismantles your team and your dreams.

This is Jimmy G first year as a starter and we in the Superbowl baby!!!!
[Reply]
Hern 08:51 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Well, according to your fellow homosexual 49ers fans, stuff that happens at home back in week 3 doesn't really count :

So which is it?

Hey Rabbs great to hear from you!!!

At this point who knows. You got KC fans saying how they dominated certain teams before week 8, then you call them out on not dominating certain teams that they should’ve before week 8 and all of the sudden that one didn’t count because of whatever reason.

But whatever!!!!

I’ll be here after the game to congratulate you guys after the outcome. Which I’m sure I’ll get bullied for also.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:53 AM 01-24-2020

I think it has potential to be a great game. Both teams have a lot of talent and good coaching.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:59 AM 01-24-2020

The 49ers secondary is really what is the difference. Derwin James is the best young safety in the league. He’s the only safety that I’ve seen consistently limit YAC from Kelce. They also have damn good corners in Heyward and King.

I think the 49ers secondary has a lot of holes in it. I don’t know why they limit Sherman by lining him up on one side. I mean we could theoretically line up our weakest receiver there and attack the other corners with our best, specifically out of the slot.

If our OL can give Mahomes time, I think he will destroy Mosley, Williams and Witherspoon.
[Reply]
Page 198 of 379
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248298 > Last »
Up