« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:31 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Regarding hometown favorites and whiskey, there's actually a BBQ flavored whiskey.

Reviews of course are people either absolutely hating it or really loving it... and it's only 68 proof, so I imagine it's closer to Fireball in quality.

In theory though, seems like it could work, especially with a smokey flavor to it... if nothing else, could be good for biurbon bloody marys.

I'm a fan of fireball so BBQ doesn't sound like something that would cause the apocalypse, unlike chili soup flavored whiskey.

On that note, i think i will go ahead and grab a 4 way(onion) on the way home tonight. With some garlic bread and a Mt Dew, of course.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:35 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
So with elite talent he couldn't win the SB but without it you think he will be just as good? There is zero evidence of this. Joe is a very good QB but has proven tom be just that. Until he actually gets them the trophy he's like every other good QB. A non champ.
I get that you're a fan of a different team and you've prob only watched Burrow a handful of times but you can't begin to discount how the Oline has failed in the most critical of times.

You keep saying there's zero evidence to support it when there's, in fact, plenty of video evidence to support it.

As far as being "just as good" i haven't ever said that and i don't think it would be smart to not expect a percentage of less output without Chase, Tee and Boyd. I just don't believe that percentage would be as big as you would.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:37 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
probably his deep ball will never be the same
That would be due to scheme, not an injury. His accuracy, at every level, is elite.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:59 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Their defense was off this year and they were on the outside looking in for a playoff spot WITH Burrow and those weapons. Cincinnati in the Burrow era always leaned on their defense which has moved backwards. Wait until they have to pay Chase as well. Gonna be very hard to keep a solid defense on the field, along with a line that doesn’t prematurely end Burrow’s career.
One thing most people outside of Cincy isn't going to notice is that, while they do lean on the defense, if they need to get in a shootout they're capable. Zac and Burrow both taylor (no pun intended) their play and play calling to the score. They already have several guys on rookie contracts that have a good amount of snaps, who will step in when guys like Reader and Awuzie are gone.

Jesse Bates was brought up earlier and Dax is is at least on par with what Bates did here and better in some areas. Any decline in the back end had to do with Nick Scott's play. Jordan Battle is the starter now, so the back end will get better. They're a bit short on pure pass rushers as Miles Murphy hasn't shown a whole lot yet and everyone's favorite Ossai has been pretty quiet this year.

The defense, while never up there in numbers before, has been noticeably worse this year, but when Burrow was healthy they were doing some damage before the Texans game. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't continue to be a top 5 team in the next few years, as long as they realize the line still needs fixed. Other guys are already in place. A decent run game wouldn't hurt either.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:07 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
One thing most people outside of Cincy isn't going to notice is that, while they do lean on the defense, if they need to get in a shootout they're capable. Zac and Burrow both taylor (no pun intended) their play and play calling to the score. They already have several guys on rookie contracts that have a good amount of snaps, who will step in when guys like Reader and Awuzie are gone.

Jesse Bates was brought up earlier and Dax is is at least on par with what Bates did here and better in some areas. Any decline in the back end had to do with Nick Scott's play. Jordan Battle is the starter now, so the back end will get better. They're a bit short on pure pass rushers as Miles Murphy hasn't shown a whole lot yet and everyone's favorite Ossai has been pretty quiet this year.

The defense, while never up there in numbers before, has been noticeably worse this year, but when Burrow was healthy they were doing some damage before the Texans game. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't continue to be a top 5 team in the next few years, as long as they realize the line still needs fixed. Other guys are already in place. A decent run game wouldn't hurt either.
It's all about hitting in the draft when you are paying your QB, we bitch about a few misses, particularly at WR on here, but Veach has done a great job drafting at 29 or later every year. You will get the benefit of a mid-round pick this year with the Burrow injury, but it is really really hard to be competitive if you don't draft well and are paying a QB a large percentage of the cap.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 03:10 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Effectively gets you in the playoffs, not a SB championship. Your time may have come and gone.

He's a damn good QB. But, its been proven again and again that even an elite QB cant win a SB by himself.
That's why signing Chase is paramount and they realize that. They just need to realize they need to let Tee go and only sign Boyd if the numbers work for the team.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 03:14 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
It's all about hitting in the draft when you are paying your QB, we bitch about a few misses, particularly at WR on here, but Veach has done a great job drafting at 29 or later every year. You will get the benefit of a mid-round pick this year with the Burrow injury, but it is really really hard to be competitive if you don't draft well and are paying a QB a large percentage of the cap.
True. It's 1/3 the reason the Chiefs have been what they've been, consistently. Elite FO, elite HC, the best QB.

The Bengals have some good hits everywhere but the line for the last few years. HC can be good with Burrow in there and Burrow can play to the level of a SB QB.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:57 PM 11-29-2023
I get that you're a fan of a different team and you've prob only watched Burrow a handful of times but you can't begin to discount how the Oline has failed in the most critical of times.

You keep saying there's zero evidence to support it when there's, in fact, plenty of video evidence to support it.

As far as being "just as good" i haven't ever said that and i don't think it would be smart to not expect a percentage of less output without Chase, Tee and Boyd. I just don't believe that percentage would be as big as you would.
I did not want to play them again in the playoffs this year. Bengals are loaded and it baffles me how the Rams beat them because they shouldn't have. My point is it will get harder for Joe from now on. He will have to make more plays outside the pocket without Tee and Boyd. It's not likely they will stay.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:29 PM 11-29-2023
I'm a fan of fireball so BBQ doesn't sound like something that would cause the apocalypse, unlike chili soup flavored whiskey.

On that note, i think i will go ahead and grab a 4 way(onion) on the way home tonight. With some garlic bread and a Mt Dew, of course.
If you ever make it up to Lakewood, NY (and they might sell it online), Southern Tier has a distillery that makes an apple cinnamon whiskey that's smooth and delicious. IMO, significantly better than Fireball.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:53 PM 11-29-2023
Joe getting the ball with 2 minutes left and a field goal away from winning at Arrowhead was me living out my worst football nightmare in the AFCCG.

Spags getting the stop with enough time to win it was his greatest defensive accomplishment since shutting down the 07 Patriots.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:55 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Joe getting the ball with 2 minutes left and only needing a field goal at Arrowhead was me living out my worst football nightmare in the Championship game.

Spags getting the stop with enough time to win it was his greatest defensive accomplishment since shutting down the 07 Patriots.
my heart sank like so many chiefs postseason losses before

chris jones is a legend
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:58 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Joe getting the ball with 2 minutes left and only needing a field goal at Arrowhead was me living out my worst football nightmare in the Championship game.

That was f****** scary.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 01:48 PM 12-06-2023

Orlando Brown is likely going to be getting a fine from the #NFL for this…

“JACKASS” 😂😂😂
pic.twitter.com/yKti90yvXP

— JPAFootball (@jasrifootball) December 5, 2023

[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:17 PM 12-06-2023
Orlando still sucks shit.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:19 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Orlando still sucks shit.
He got a ring when he had a better QB. He may get another one now that he has Browning. Joe is the new Wentz. His back up will get it done.
[Reply]
Page 197 of 267
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247 > Last »
Up