ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 196 of 199
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Titans @ Chiefs AFC CHAMPIONSHIP REVENGE GAME THREAD****
Hammock Parties 12:00 AM 01-19-2020
Haven't felt like this my dear,

Since I can't remember when,

It's been a long, long time.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Coach 02:01 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've always been a little underwhelmed by the stealth flyovers. I know what an incredible machine it is but that's precisely why it's a little bit lame as a flyover. It's deadly quiet as it comes in and then it looks like this hovering monstrosity that slowly comes across the top. Cool the first time you see it, but loses luster quickly.

I've always far preferred the formation flyovers with the F-18s, F-16s or the very occasional A-10 flyovers. I think we've had a couple F-15s as well.

But in that shot from the ground straight up and without the shot panning, you get an actual sense of speed and then you get some of the majesty of that crazy damn airplane w/ the fireworks and the engine note...

Just an awesome sight and not a perspective I've had on those before.
I was at the game, and I can confirm that it wasn't deadly quiet. It definitely rumbled the stadium. I did feel the vibrations on the concrete.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:02 PM 01-20-2020
:-) Andy...

“I had a cheeseburger and went to bed.”

- (Classic) Andy Reid on how he celebrated last night.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) January 20, 2020

[Reply]
Coach 02:04 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

That gif where Andy had the "what that shit you gave me" expression when Dorsey gave him that food.

Or the other one where he handed off a little to Dorsey, but immediately changed his mind and slid it back to himself while he was eating a sandwich.

Damn, I wonder where that gif went... that was a classic.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:06 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I was at the game, and I can confirm that it wasn't deadly quiet. It definitely rumbled the stadium. I did feel the vibrations on the concrete.
It sneaks up on you, IMO.

The F-16s and stuff you tend to hear before you see them. The Stealth always comes over the lip of the stadium and THEN you hear it.

Might just be a function of where you're sitting. I knew it was coming because they send out an email and as the guy doing the anthem is flying through it I was thinking "man, he's gonna outrun the flyover if he doesn't slow down..."

Then all of the sudden it was just there.
[Reply]
Coach 02:12 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It sneaks up on you, IMO.

The F-16s and stuff you tend to hear before you see them. The Stealth always comes over the lip of the stadium and THEN you hear it.

Might just be a function of where you're sitting. I knew it was coming because they send out an email and as the guy doing the anthem is flying through it I was thinking "man, he's gonna outrun the flyover if he doesn't slow down..."

Then all of the sudden it was just there.
You're correct, I forgot the point of entry. I was at 113, so it was the entry point where the Stealth Bomber entered Arrowhead. When I looked up, it was there, but no noise. After it passed me, then it rumbled like it was an earthquake.

That's a great point, I failed to recognize that point of view.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:16 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ask and you shall receive

https://streamable.com/c8yi8
Oh, that is the absolute SHEEE-IIT!!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 01-20-2020, 02:23 PM
This message has been deleted by dirk digler.
duncan_idaho 02:25 PM 01-20-2020
I grew up close enough to Whiteman to have the B2s flying overhead all the time.

I was about 12 the first time I thought about how terrifying it was that I didn’t hear it until after it was a quarter mile past me, and that if it was on a real bombing run I’d probably be blown to bits before I even heard it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:32 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I grew up close enough to Whiteman to have the B2s flying overhead all the time.

I was about 12 the first time I thought about how terrifying it was that I didn’t hear it until after it was a quarter mile past me, and that if it was on a real bombing run I’d probably be blown to bits before I even heard it.
I was driving into Whiteman for a JAG interview and had one come over top of me for a landing. Scared the shit out of me; never heard a thing and then this giant thing just comes floating over top of me and takes up half my windshield. With flaps down and everything while it was slowing for a landing, it just looked like it was hovering.

And like you said - dead silent until it's past you.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:33 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I live right by Whiteman and get almost a daily flyover by the B2's, F-18's, and the occasional A-10. It's pretty cool and we also get quite a bit of helicopter "flyovers."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:35 PM 01-20-2020
phew

[Reply]
dirk digler 02:39 PM 01-20-2020
Deen Pees just retired...because Mahomes
[Reply]
wachashi 02:42 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Andy must eat a cheeseburger after each game, win or lose. Last year, he said he talked to Nagy after we lost in the AFC Championship and the Bears had lost in the NFC Wild Card round. He said something like, "we both just need a couple of cheeseburgers right now."
[Reply]
bdj23 03:10 PM 01-20-2020
Have any of you guys ever been short changed by a beer dude at Arrowhead? MFer tried to rip me off for 10 dollars yesterday. Saw me counting my change and and I turned back around to confront him and he said it was an accident and gave me another 10.

I don't know if the dude was trying to scam me or it was a honest mistake, but it felt like a hustle on a drunk guy.
[Reply]
wachashi 03:34 PM 01-20-2020
On the long TD throw to Sammy Watkins, my initial reaction was, "oh my god, the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl." Then, the yellow FLAG icon comes on screen, and Tony Romo says, "This is going to be an incredible call. Is it going to be on Brock or Watkins?" and I had a Dee Ford flashback. The call was made, and once again my reaction was, "oh my god, the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl." Felt real good.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:37 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
On the long TD throw to Sammy Watkins, my initial reaction was, "oh my god, the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl." Then, the yellow FLAG icon comes on screen, and Tony Romo says, "This is going to be an incredible call. Is it going to be on Brock or Watkins?" and I had a Dee Ford flashback. The call was made, and once again my reaction was, "oh my god, the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl." Felt real good.
Once i seen the first replay, i was like no way its on Sammy that defender held him. Sammy then twisted his upper torso and dude fell cause he was the one holding. I was like Thats a TD!
[Reply]
Page 196 of 199
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199 >
Up