ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 196 of 366
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206246296 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:24 AM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
I'd start with the tension pulley bearing, then go to the next smallest diameter pulley.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:25 AM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Somewhere in there is a tensioner pulley. Get a wrench on it and loose the belt. With the load off the belt turn each pulley. The one that makes noise or doesn't turn smooth is the culprit.
Drat!!

I can add, the tensioner looks to be the second from the bottom just to the left of [as you're facing in the video] and above the lowest pulley on the crankshaft in the dead middle. The only one the outside of the belt is riding on.

Before removing anything though. And you have to be VERY careful. I'm talking extremely, for your safety. Take a long piece of metal like a tire iron, or a long ratchet, and plunk it down on the center of the pulley [where the through bolt and nut is while it's running], and put the other end to your ear.

Don't do this with any of the other pulleys unless the center is still as they are drive pulleys and don't have a bearing [ie, the bolt and nut rotate with the pulley].

The culprit you will hear crystal clear, just like a stethoscope.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:10 AM 04-03-2017
I've been advised it's probably the ac compressor bearing. Just rewatching the video the direction of the audio seems to confirm this...will re-evaluate in AM. Looks like I'm probably going to have to do this myself because shit bird mechanics will surely want to replace the entire compressor unit
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:29 AM 04-03-2017
I've been advised it's probably the ac compressor bearing. Just rewatching the video the direction of the audio seems to confirm this...will re-evaluate in AM. Looks like I'm probably going to have to do this myself because shit bird mechanics will surely want to replace the entire compressor unit
Turn your AC on. If the clutch engages and the sound goes away, or the clutch doesn't engage. That's it.

If you're doing it yourself, there's three pick'n'pulls in KC. The clutch alone is about $10-12, entire unit, clutch and compressor, is $33-37.

You can search make/model before going.
http://www.picknpull.com/location_se...NP&Distance=20
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:41 AM 04-03-2017
02 Liberty
:-) Good grief dude did it come with tampax in the glovebox?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:39 AM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) Good grief dude did it come with tampax in the glovebox?
Took the first 4 Wheel drive I could find at a reasonable price and didnt give a fuck about anything else its just a car dude.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:42 AM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It already has the Global West upper control arms courtesy of Sauto's recommendation and that made a big difference. But it's never going to handle like a Viper would. Nor will it be a convertible.

But yeah, I should probably just put the damn EFI on there.
That was actually my recommendation. I even PM'd you the name of the gentleman to speak to.

But it's cool, it's cool.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:10 AM 04-03-2017
I got my 66 out again yesterday and went for a short ride.

I was planning to replace the fuel lines and install an inline fuel pump.

When I got back to the shop I found the carb gasket spewing fuel, the radiator top had come apart and needs replaced and a carrier bearing is going out.

Things that sit a long time are a pain in the ass.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:18 AM 04-03-2017
Welp, definitely not the AC bearing. I'm guessing it's the tensioner pulley.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:17 PM 04-03-2017
I'll see if I can get that video to play when I get back to civilization. But you definitely have a power steering pump or rack leaking
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:17 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That was actually my recommendation. I even PM'd you the name of the gentleman to speak to.

But it's cool, it's cool.
Yeah I didn't recommend a brand, I just pushed for caster. Lol
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:20 PM 04-03-2017
Welp, definitely not the AC bearing. I'm guessing it's the tensioner pulley.
Just take the belt loose and spin them all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:28 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I'll see if I can get that video to play when I get back to civilization. But you definitely have a power steering pump or rack leaking
So what's fucking rattling?

Took it to the shop. I'll let you know what they ask so you can determine if I'm being fucked.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:58 PM 04-03-2017
So what's fucking rattling?

Took it to the shop. I'll let you know what they ask so you can determine if I'm being fucked.
That video doesn't help much lol, but it sounds like maybe a water pump. The tensioner assembly would usually jump around more if it was one of the bearings in the two pulleys that attach to it. But I could be that too.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:01 PM 04-03-2017
I just put head gaskets and timing chains on one of those last week, you could have broken a chain guide too.

That'll be expensive, hope it's not that.
[Reply]
Page 196 of 366
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206246296 > Last »
Up