ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 191 of 270
« First < 91141181187188189190191 192193194195201241 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:59 AM 08-08-2019
Mahomes to Watkins for 70+. Beautiful new play action design that we’re sure to see in games.

Watkins caught it right over his head without looking, Jim Edmonds style.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:01 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He's very quick. He's just not fast.
The problem with Speaks as an interior rusher isn't his get-off; that's adequate for a DT.

It's his hand-fighting and pass-rush moves. He has NONE. He tried a spin move that I can recall and it didn't go anywhere. He has something of a chop move but even that doesn't work all that well on the inside when you don't have the space to slide off it.

He was strictly a bull-rusher last year and that's just gonna make him a space-filler, same as he was most of the time at OLB last season.

It's just too easy for an OL to get into his body and he doesn't have a counter for it. I don't see him being significantly more effective on the inside than he was out wide. i was hopeful he'd come into camp as a DE and work towards being something similar to Ogbah was in his first couple of seasons - something of a yeoman pass-rusher who was responsible against the run. A lunchpail sort of mauler. There was a chance that a reshaped body and renewed energy could get him there.

But I think he's gone the wrong direction. Getting heavier and moving inside is just going to exacerbate his issues with technique and functional strength.

Eh, we'll see - it's not gonna matter a whole lot. His ceiling is an above average rotational DL and those aren't that tough to get your hands on. If he's marginally effective - great. If he isn't, well whatever, he wasn't gonna be a difference maker either way.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:02 AM 08-08-2019
Mahomes again off his back foot vs pressure. Should have been picked by Thornhill who dropped it.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:03 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The problem with Speaks as an interior rusher isn't his get-off; that's adequate for a DT.

It's his hand-fighting and pass-rush moves. He has NONE. He tried a spin move that I can recall and it didn't go anywhere. He has something of a chop move but even that doesn't work all that well on the inside when you don't have the space to slide off it.

He was strictly a bull-rusher last year and that's just gonna make him a space-filler, same as he was most of the time at OLB last season.

It's just too easy for an OL to get into his body and he doesn't have a counter for it. I don't see him being significantly more effective on the inside than he was out wide. i was hopeful he'd come into camp as a DE and work towards being something similar to Ogbah was in his first couple of seasons - something of a yeoman pass-rusher who was responsible against the run. A lunchpail sort of mauler. There was a chance that a reshaped body and renewed energy could get him there.

But I think he's gone the wrong direction. Getting heavier and moving inside is just going to exacerbate his issues with technique and functional strength.

Eh, we'll see - it's not gonna matter a whole lot. His ceiling is an above average rotational DL and those aren't that tough to get your hands on. If he's marginally effective - great. If he isn't, well whatever, he wasn't gonna be a difference maker either way.
Then why the fuck did we draft this turd in the 2nd round?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 08-08-2019
pat sux

That's the kind of thing that having faith in your safety lets you do as a CB.

Granted, it was a pretty awful decision and Breeland was already in his pocket on what appeared to be an underthrown ball, but if Thornhill isn't there, Mahomes probably leads him more and lets him run under it. By having Thornhill over the top, Mahomes had to try to work under him and fit it into a smaller window. And Breeland knowing he had that help over top allowed him to be more aggressive in cutting underneath Hill to pick it off.

I just cannot say often enough what a difference I think this new safety corps is going to make for the CBs. The CBs weren't great last year but they weren't the disaster they've been made out to be (and this year's group is better). It was the safety play that murdered that secondary.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:05 AM 08-08-2019
I just saw on twitter that we have not played a regular season game in a dome yet. Our only one this year is in Detroit.

I can’t imagine all our receivers in a dome. That would be so unfair.

Goddamnit last year pisses me off so much. No way in hell we lose to the Rams in the Super Bowl. Our offense in Atlanta’s new dome would have raped them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Then why the fuck did we draft this turd in the 2nd round?
You can teach technique. I'm not buying the Hali comparisons but he's a perfect example - Hali's development with his hands/feet was just remarkable. He became so dangerous because he had counters to his counters and he was constantly keeping OL on the defensive.

If they truly saw Hali's athleticism, I have to believe they thought that he could learn some of those techniques and be useful in time.

But if they're having him add weight and are moving him in to DT already, it sure seems like their confidence in that is waning.
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 08-08-2019
Look at all the dudes they brought in that are ahead of him in terms of reps . Tells you what they think at this point

As long as him or Kpass workout it doesn’t matter. Just one of them needs to be good
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:17 AM 08-08-2019

Mahomes uncorks deep down right sideline to Hardman. Over the shoulder grab to crowd applause. Such a pretty spiral dropped in a bucket.

— Scott Mahurin (@Esinem79) August 8, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 09:21 AM 08-08-2019
Matt McMullen
@KCChiefs_Matt
Juan Thornhill just made a great play on the ball while falling backwards. Nearly picked it off. I am so pumped to see this dude play.

This guys first training camp reminds me of Peters and Hill their rookie years. I have no doubt this will translate in real games.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:23 AM 08-08-2019
Thornhill DROY
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:29 AM 08-08-2019
fuckin A

Tyreek Hill still getting used to #NoLookSZN pic.twitter.com/1F5Gka4xYh

— TOM MARTIN (@TomKCTV5) August 8, 2019

Do you like deep passes from @PatrickMahomes to @sammywatkins? Is that something you'd be interested in? pic.twitter.com/VUG0chy3dU

— TOM MARTIN (@TomKCTV5) August 8, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 AM 08-08-2019
fuckin A

Flag on the field.

Holding, offense #81, 10 yard penalty from the spot of the foul, replay 1st down...
[Reply]
New World Order 09:35 AM 08-08-2019
Looks like Fuller just kinda gave up there
[Reply]
FAX 09:40 AM 08-08-2019
What do we know about this Darren Lee (sp?) guy?

I've developed an inexplicable and sudden interest in this dude.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 191 of 270
« First < 91141181187188189190191 192193194195201241 > Last »
Up