Page 191 of 298
« First < 91141181187188189190191 192193194195201241291 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:20 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well I'm sure, if he wanted to, Orlando could have made the conversation a lot more interesting.

Look, I LOVED seeing EB back on the field, hell it's why we decided to go last night (y'all all know that!!!), but when he wasn't able to go for those last two L.A. drives, well, I wasn't happy. I don't think anybody in Arrowhead was happy. So it's NOT just me, lots of people we like, "Eric, we need you", but he stayed out. And he wasn't limping (that we could see).
He said after the game that he probably could've played but it didn't feel right in his gut. I mean seriously man, WTF?

I'm not exactly loudly pro-Berry at this juncture either. But again, I cannot imagine that was the first time Berry had to play traffic cop. That's a boil-over that can only come with having to do everyone's job for an entire half.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:23 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He said after the game that he probably could've played but it didn't feel right in his gut. I mean seriously man, WTF?

I'm not exactly loudly pro-Berry at this juncture either. But again, I cannot imagine that was the first time Berry had to play traffic cop. That's a boil-over that can only come with having to do everyone's job for an entire half.
Probably could have played? You mean you couldn't have been out there for literally the last 4-5 plays when they got in the redzone? Get the fuck out of here with this shit, Berry.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:26 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Probably could have played? You mean you couldn't have been out there for literally the last 4-5 plays when they got in the redzone? Get the fuck out of here with this shit, Berry.
I'll welcome anyone to watch that interview and tell me I've taken it out of context. I mostly spent that car ride home in a combination of white-hot rage, somber resignation and agape confusion but I'm pretty sure there was no context to take it out of.

Dude said he could play but his gut said no. I was just...man, this defense. I mean we're all talking about Eric Berry: Great Leader now but shit - EB's a flake. If that's your spiritual compass then it's small wonder that this team just turns it off for halves at a time.

They just looked so damn solid in the 1st half. That's EXACTLY what we ask from them. They did exactly what they need to do to actually win a championship and they came out in the 2nd half and just gave precisely zero fucks about anything. I simply do not understand that.
[Reply]
TEX 11:27 AM 12-14-2018
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/12/...sive-failures/

Originally Posted by :
It is this reality that we live in. It’s one where, no matter how exciting the Chiefs may be, no matter how incredible Patrick Mahomes proves himself, there looms the impending storm, threatening to bring another lightning bolt of catastrophic disappointment to strike the Chiefs faithful

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:28 AM 12-14-2018
I'll welcome anyone to watch that interview and tell me I've taken it out of context. I mostly spent that car ride home in a combination of white-hot rage, somber resignation and agape confusion but I'm pretty sure there was no context to take it out of.

Dude said he could play but his gut said no. I was just...man, this defense. I mean we're all talking about Eric Berry: Great Leader now but shit - EB's a flake. If that's your spiritual compass then it's small wonder that this team just turns it off for halves at a time.

They just looked so damn solid in the 1st half. That's EXACTLY what we ask from them. They did exactly what they need to do to actually win a championship and they came out in the 2nd half and just gave precisely zero fucks about anything. I simply do not understand that.
Hill played through the pain in a tough ass Ravens game because he knew he had to for the team to win and he caught a 4th down pass to keep the drive alive.

Berry sat on the sidelines because "his gut said no"....and watched us lose on the last drive.

Berry can be gone this offseason along with half of the fucking defense and the entire defensive coaching staff.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 12-14-2018

They just looked so damn solid in the 1st half. That's EXACTLY what we ask from them. They did exactly what they need to do to actually win a championship and they came out in the 2nd half and just gave precisely zero ****s about anything. I simply do not understand that.
I thought he was talking about playing in the ravens game?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 12-14-2018
Hill played through the pain in a tough ass Ravens game because he knew he had to for the team to win and he caught a 4th down pass to keep the drive alive.

Berry sat on the sidelines because "his gut said no"....and watched us lose on the last drive.

Berry can be gone this offseason along with half of the fucking defense and the entire defensive coaching staff.
Re-watched it; I didn't hear the question right. It was a question about the Ravens game. He said he could've played the Ravens game but his gut didn't feel it. That all being said, maybe if he'd have gone ahead and played that half in the Ravens game we'd have had him full go for 2 halves in this game.

Bottom line is 'his gut' almost certainly kept him out of this 2nd half.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 12-14-2018
If you know you’ve got him on a pitch count, why the hell wouldn’t you keep some of those pitches for the 2nd half
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:33 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you know you’ve got him on a pitch count, why the hell wouldn’t you keep some of those pitches for the 2nd half
Because our coaching staff is filled with mouth breathing fucking morons.
[Reply]
TEX 11:33 AM 12-14-2018
Probably could have played? You mean you couldn't have been out there for literally the last 4-5 plays when they got in the redzone? Get the **** out of here with this shit, Berry.
Yea, that's about how I feel now too, and I've been in his camp the whole time....The scenario that played out last night is about the only thing that took the shine off all the good stuff about him coming back, and changed my mind about the situation... If you feel that you probably "could have played," in the 4-5 plays that possibly could have decided the season, but choose not too because of a "gut" feeling, then WTF Dude? :-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:34 AM 12-14-2018
He looked fine to me in the first half.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:34 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yea, that's about how I feel now too. The scenario that played out last night is about the only thing that took the shine off all the good stuff about him coming back... If you feel that you probably could have played, in the 4-5 plays that possibly could have decided the season, but choose not too because of a "gut" feeling, then WTF Dude? :-)
It's already been posted but he was talking about the Ravens game.

That shit is on Reid and Sutton.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:35 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think they Tomlin'd it.

Tomlin was keeping Ben out of that game because he didn't think he needed him and that they could win without him. I think Reid was going to keep him out of the 2nd half until he needed him. Then he gets that long drive and 2nd score and things everything is fine.

By the time he realized he needed him, a dude that hasn't played in 2 years had been sitting on the sidelines for over an hour and there's just no way to reasonably get him back up to speed.

Hubris hit at a bad time. Best answer I can come up with.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:37 AM 12-14-2018
Berry should play 3 quarters against the Seahawks.

1st quarter
3rd quarter
4th quarter

Keep his ass on the bike in the 2nd.
[Reply]
TEX 11:37 AM 12-14-2018
It's already been posted but he was talking about the Ravens game.

That shit is on Reid and Sutton.
Gotcha. Ok - I'm glad about that. Thx for clarifying.
[Reply]
Page 191 of 298
« First < 91141181187188189190191 192193194195201241291 > Last »
Up