ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 190 of 464
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200240290 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:33 AM 07-22-2012
Good to know it's not just the media in this country that asks stupid questions:

Woman reporter to Scott: "A run of three bogies didn't help you at all, did it?"
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:35 AM 07-22-2012
Ernie Els is very intimidating.
[Reply]
Stewie 11:42 AM 07-22-2012
I'm supposed to go to Canada, but I think I'll blow that thing off.

:-)
[Reply]
Braincase 01:01 PM 07-22-2012
Great win for the Big Easy. One of the more likeable guys on tour.
[Reply]
bandwagonjumper 01:36 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
That's one that just haunts your career forever. He's now South Africa's version of Sergio Garcia. The champion of unrealized potential.
Australian. Still better to be in a position to choke and choke than never be in that position.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:02 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by bandwagonjumper:
Australian. Still better to be in a position to choke and choke than never be in that position.
Aussie it is. I was watching Ernie Els as I was keying that in. Yea, I suppose being in that position is one I'll only dream about. Still, that's a putt (and the little 4 footer on 15) that tends to define a player.

When Garcia and Padraig Harrington were trying to give away the 07 Open at Carnoustie, Garcia had a similar putt (longer though, maybe 8 feet) that would have given him the win on 18. He missed it and lost in the playoff. I think Garcia had a 3 shot lead that day to start.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:36 PM 07-22-2012
That was one of the worst collapses in golf history. Ken Pomeroy measured the odds and said Els' chance of winning on the tee at 17 was only 1.1%.

Scott choked even worse than Furyk did just last month. Just immense pressure in these things. Also never thought I'd see Ernie Els win another major, not with the state of his putting. But he made just enough of them this week.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:38 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
OD, I think that was Andy North as well. I was kind of surprised he was checking his twitter account and readily admitting it on the air.
It was Azinger, not North. Made several dumb comments throughout the round.
[Reply]
scho63 04:49 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It was Azinger, not North. Made several dumb comments throughout the round.
Azinger sounded like an asshole all day and he made a crass comment telling everyone who commented on Twitter when Adam Scott's ball moved that he should be penalized were a bunch a losers and they should just go away.

I met Paul Azinger in 1998 at Grand Cypress in Orlando after I finished my round and was in the bar. No one was there expect a few people as it was the middle of the week and I was there playing before my shift at a trade show.

I went up to him to congratulate him on his fight against cancer and my condolences on losing his friend Payne Stewart and when I reached out and shook his hand, he said nothing; not a thank you, not a nice gesture, nothing. Just like a bump on the log and he was with either his father or father in law. They were not eating or talking to anyone so I was not interrupting.

I also had a friend get kicked off a driving range while taking pictures in a practice round by Azinger.

HE IS A GIANT DOUCHEBAG IMHO!!!! :-)
[Reply]
tk13 08:17 PM 09-08-2012
It's a shame for the PGA that the NFL starts tomorrow... because the leaderboard for the BMW Championship as part of the "Playoffs" has one of the best Sunday leaderboards you'll ever see.

T1 Phil Mickelson -16
T1 Vijay Singh -16
T3 Lee Westwood -15
T3 Rory McIlroy -15
T5 Adam Scott -14
T5 Robert Garrigus -14
T5 Dustin Johnson -14
8 Tiger Woods -13

It's like an all-star match. With Zach Johnson, Graeme McDowell, Padraig Harrington and others right behind. The Masters wishes it could have a Sunday leaderboard like this.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:23 PM 09-08-2012
Originally Posted by tk13:
It's a shame for the PGA that the NFL starts tomorrow... because the leaderboard for the BMW Championship as part of the "Playoffs" has one of the best Sunday leaderboards you'll ever see.

T1 Phil Mickelson -16
T1 Vijay Singh -16
T3 Lee Westwood -15
T3 Rory McIlroy -15
T5 Adam Scott -14
T5 Robert Garrigus -14
T5 Dustin Johnson -14
8 Tiger Woods -13

It's like an all-star match. With Zach Johnson, Graeme McDowell, Padraig Harrington and others right behind. The Masters wishes it could have a Sunday leaderboard like this.
The Fedex Standings going into the final tournament are going to be just as stacked. Its been a really cool season overall and it looks like its gonna have an awesome finish.
[Reply]
Braincase 04:33 PM 11-09-2012
Watched a bit of the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Classic. Charlie Beljan is up by 3 strokes, but was on the verge of a physical collapse on the back 9, with elevated blood pressure and a racing pulse. He's #134 on the money list and is leading the tournament, with a chance to move up into the top 125 to keep his tour card. He's going to the hospital... while he make it to the tee box tomorrow?
[Reply]
O.city 05:15 PM 01-14-2013
Well, Rory is now a NIke guy. Pretty cool commercial

[IMG][/IMG].
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01-14-2013, 05:18 PM
This message has been deleted by OnTheWarpath15. Reason: derp
OnTheWarpath15 05:19 PM 01-14-2013
Saw this earlier today.

Dude, is that your real hair?

:-)
[Reply]
Braincase 08:46 AM 01-17-2013
It's 2013, time to think about ways to improve my game this year.

Last year I dropped two points off my handicap, going from an 18 to a 16.

Goals for the year...

1. Take lessons. My daughter's HS Golf Coach is also a teaching pro at the club I belong to. Kristen spent 8 years as a pro on the Duramed Futures tour and the LPGA tour. I'm going to invest some time with her for myself as well as all three of my kids.

2. Play more with different people. I regularly play by myself with just an audiobook for company. After spending 4 and a half days teaching, I enjoy my own company on a Friday afternoon. It's time I start joining some of the other guys. For me, it's often been about a lack of self-confidence in my game, but screw it. I turn 50 this fall. I'm going to quit worrying about it and have some more fun.

3. My clubs are OK, but they're knockoffs. I found out I'm getting an unexpected bonus in March, and I'm thinking about a set of Ping G20's. My current clubs are Ping copies, and I have Ping G5's and G2's, so I've always liked them.

Other things...

I think switching to Nike is going to affect Rory. It'll take him half a season or more to get used to the new gear.

Tiger getting back with his ex? I think that might be exactly what he needs to get back on top at a Major.

Phil? Lefty's hurting. I expect to see him in the booth within the next few years. I think the arthritis and the wear and tear are getting to be too much for him.
[Reply]
Page 190 of 464
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200240290 > Last »
Up