ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 25
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Power 5 conferences moving toward postponing 2020 NCAA football season
tk13 05:45 PM 08-09-2020

Breaking news story with @RossDellenger: Nationwide conference meetings this week are expected to result in the postponement of the 2020 college football season and all fall sports.

"We've got work to do that's no fun." https://t.co/4uo3BufqSh

— Pat Forde (@ByPatForde) August 9, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 07:11 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
People > Game
First off all this has very little to do with player safety. It’s about liability.

But by that logic, football should be banned all together considering CTE is more dangerous. Does not playing football or being in a controlled environment where they are tested regularly make them any safer? Do you think these young kids are just going to stay home all day and practice social distancing if they aren’t playing football?

Also, who are you to tell these “people” they shouldn’t play/coach, if it’s what they want to do? Why are they not allowed to assess the risks and make a decision themselves?
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:09 PM 08-12-2020
The Big 12 and SEC will rake in the dollars this year assuming nothing horrific happens with the Rona'

the Big 10 and Pac 12 are gonna look like dumbasses if the other conferences play games without much incident
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:16 PM 08-12-2020
People > Game
Alex Smith nearly died of Covid
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:22 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
First off all this has very little to do with player safety. It’s about liability.

But by that logic, football should be banned all together considering CTE is more dangerous. Does not playing football or being in a controlled environment where they are tested regularly make them any safer? Do you think these young kids are just going to stay home all day and practice social distancing if they aren’t playing football?

Also, who are you to tell these “people” they shouldn’t play/coach, if it’s what they want to do? Why are they not allowed to assess the risks and make a decision themselves?
I am not telling them anything. I simply agree with most of those that are saying it is better to postpone and or cancel.
There are more and more people that are on the same side of this argument as I. Just look at what the Big and Pac. There will be more as well.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:39 PM 08-12-2020
I am not telling them anything. I simply agree with most of those that are saying it is better to postpone and or cancel.
There are more and more people that are on the same side of this argument as I. Just look at what the Big and Pac. There will be more as well.
Why exactly is it better to postpone or cancel? And who is it better for? Again, there’s nothing that says these players are more likely to get COVID playing football than not.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:43 PM 08-12-2020
So Nebraska is pretty hell bent on playing. North Dakota St has already offered to play them.

What would stop Ohio St, Michigan, Iowa, etc from following suit? The B1G isnt going to throw all of them out.

Also how does it make any fucking sense that it's too dangerous for Iowa to play but Iowa St can play?
[Reply]
RustShack 08:44 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
So Nebraska is pretty hell bent on playing. North Dakota St has already offered to play them.

What would stop Ohio St, Michigan, Iowa, etc from following suit? The B1G isnt going to throw all of them out.

Also how does it make any fucking sense that it's too dangerous for Iowa to play but Iowa St can play?
It’s the same amount of “danger” for everyone. The difference is the Dr’s the conferences talked to, and some conferences apparently have better protocols in place than others.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:48 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
It’s the same amount of “danger” for everyone. The difference is the Dr’s the conferences talked to, and some conferences apparently have better protocols in place than others.
My understanding is each school had different protocols but perhaps I'm wrong.

If the Big 12s protocol is better than the B1Gs then why the fuck cant they adjust and try to play?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:50 PM 08-12-2020
I would disagree with you somewhat about the same amount of risks. I mean Northwestern and Rutgers ok I understand the higher risk given they are near some of the biggest citites in the country who've had outbreaks in the past.

But Nebraska?

Lancaster county has 3,500 cases and 19 deaths.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:56 PM 08-12-2020
Why exactly is it better to postpone or cancel? And who is it better for? Again, there’s nothing that says these players are more likely to get COVID playing football than not.
Dude come on. This all has to be covered again and again. Everyone should know by now.
[Reply]
RustShack 08:58 PM 08-12-2020
I’m curious what dr’s the B1G talked to. I know the Big12 talked with Mayo and KU. I don’t know much about KU’s but I know Mayo is pretty dang good.
[Reply]
RustShack 09:00 PM 08-12-2020
Dude come on. This all has to be covered again and again. Everyone should know by now.
Why is it not safe for covid free players to play?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:02 PM 08-12-2020
Yeah and look at Mizzou. A state which is now in the "red zone" concerning COVID and their program had a very low number of positive cases.

This is total bullshit and leads me to believe it's not all about safety but the threat of players trying to unionize.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:04 PM 08-12-2020
Lol this is bullshit for “I don’t have a fucking answer”.

There’s no reason to believe these players will be any safer not playing or being in a controlled environment where they get tested regularly.

What exactly do you think they’re going to do if the season is cancelled? Stop being college kids that like to party and hang out in big groups?

News flash: The average college kid isn’t the least bit worried about COVID. See Spring Break 2020 if you disagree.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:04 PM 08-12-2020

CTE or.. you know, the whole possibility of being instantly paralyzed or killed with the wrong type of contact.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 25
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up