ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 27
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** MNF Packers vs. Lions Game Thread ****
wazu 06:12 PM 10-14-2019
We beat the Lions, so... if they beat the Packers, we can relax about that game, right?
[Reply]
notorious 09:34 PM 10-14-2019
The 1st one was the real back breaker.
[Reply]
tk13 09:34 PM 10-14-2019
I think the calls were terrible but those plays happen so fast and I think the lineman sold the hands to the face by jerking his head back. I don't think it's all that crazy to be honest. Just bad officiating at high speed.

Lions kicked 5 field goals. You knew that was going to bite them eventually.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:35 PM 10-14-2019
These Refs are very bad at the game fixing... Usually not this obvious..
[Reply]
notorious 09:35 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think the calls were terrible but those plays happen so fast and I think the lineman sold the hands to the face by jerking his head back. I don't think it's all that crazy to be honest.

The first hands to the face was literally called after Rodgers got sacked.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:35 PM 10-14-2019
I think the calls were terrible but those plays happen so fast and I think the lineman sold the hands to the face by jerking his head back. I don't think it's all that crazy to be honest. Just bad officiating at high speed.

What about the blatant DPI that went uncalled?
[Reply]
FAX 09:35 PM 10-14-2019
Thanks, guys ...

FAX
[Reply]
DaFace 09:35 PM 10-14-2019

I can understand that, but the broader point is that ticky tack penalties are ruining the game. If it's blatant and clearly impacted the play, then sure, call it. If you aren't damn sure about it though, you shouldn't be throwing the flag.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:36 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Lions getting hosed by the ref show.

The league needs Rodgers to keep it a game.
Bump.

Listen, the Patriots could win the Super Bowl 100 years in a row but I would still watch because I love football.

What is the one thing that could kill that love for the game? Believing that I’m not watching a legitimate sporting event.

It is so easy for the league and the refs to subtly fix games. Defensive holding, pass interference, hands to the face, roughing the passer, holding...

All subjective calls, all automatic first downs, all designed to make it easy for the refs to fix games.

Fuck this shit. The greed of the owners is going to kill the greatest sports league in the world. The more lazy and obvious this shit gets, the less I’m going to watch.

I won’t be played for a fool.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:36 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Perhaps someone would be kind enough to describe the horrific event to which you all refer?

FAX
In two separate instances when the Lions made key 3rd down stops, there was a late flag for hands to the face that were shown clearly on replay to be hands firmly holding the collar of the jersey, no face contact at all.

In the first instance, it negated a sack out of FG range, and s/u a 1st down leading to a TD [from down 9 to down 2]

In the second instance, it gave the Lions fresh downs inside the 10, when the 4th down would have resulted in a FG attempt with time left for Detroit.

In between, Detroit had a potential big gain inc when the CB arrived early and draped his arm across the WRs torso, pushing him off-track and hampering his ability to get his arms up to catch. This led to the Lions having to punt up 2.

With the fresh down, game-winning 20-some FG with no time left on clock for 1 pt Packer win.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:36 PM 10-14-2019
From the NFL network telecast (about the NFL's head of officiating)... "They're going to have to do some serious serious explaining to do to the Lions."

Ummmm, not they don't. Officials have been doing this shitty work for a LONG time now, and they'll do nothing more than send them a template "Sorry" email. Then start claiming that they have a tough job and bla bla bla...
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:37 PM 10-14-2019
Have a game with no refs. Put motion sensors on helmets to track hands to the face. How about each coach gets 2 challenges for penalties and 2 for plays. Idc if the game is slowed down. Just make the damn correct call
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:38 PM 10-14-2019
We are all fools for watching
[Reply]
notorious 09:38 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
We are all fools for watching
Damnit.

I can't stop. And they know it.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:38 PM 10-14-2019

NFC North:
Packers 5-1
Vikings 4-2
Bears 3-2
Lions 2-2-1

NFC North (if Lions win)
Lions 3-1-1
Packers 4-2
Vikings 4-2
Bears 3-2

The NFL refs inability to get basic calls correct are literally the difference between first place and last place for the Lions.

— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) October 15, 2019

[Reply]
EPodolak 09:39 PM 10-14-2019
Hands to the face is an unnecessary rule anyway. Facemask rule only, and make it reviewable.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 27
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up