ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 29
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CB Breeland signing with the Chiefs
The Franchise 10:06 AM 03-18-2019

Former Packers CB Bashaud Breeland is signing with the Chiefs, a source told ESPN

— Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) March 18, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 03:39 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They got rid of $40M in dead weight. They're already better.
And the defensive staff is absolutely better.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:47 PM 03-18-2019
Absolute BS. Every year at this time, a handful of people declare the offseason a failure because in 6 days, they haven't signed 11 superstars to completely remake whatever unit is failing at the time.
That's the minority, not the majority. Usually your SDH's and your GoChiefs who've since Mahomes, :-).
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:47 PM 03-18-2019
They got rid of $40M in dead weight. They're already better.
Cheaper is not better. It's cheaper.

Cap space only matters if you do something with it. I'm waiting for them to do something with it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:48 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Cap space only matters if you do something with it. I'm waiting for them to do something with it.
They got rid of guys with injury histories that were costing a lot of money. Cheaper AND less risky absolutely is better.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:50 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And the defensive staff is absolutely better.
Hopefully they are. Not impressed by the secondary coaches. Nothing on that list that says, "Better".

And i don't hate or love the Spags pick. I think he'll be fine if you get him talent.

There's nothing on his resume though that suggests he can make chicken salad out of chicken penises.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:51 PM 03-18-2019
They got rid of guys with injury histories that were costing a lot of money. Cheaper AND less risky absolutely is better.
No, it's only better if you field a team with better players. I don't give a damn how much cap space they have if it doesn't equate to talent on the field.

Saving money does not equal wins. Do something with the money that puts better talent on the field otherwise who gives a damn.
[Reply]
Best22 03:51 PM 03-18-2019

Historically, has Nelson actually been a better player? He didn’t even have a career interception until 2018...

It seems we are comparing Nelson’s best year to a fairly pedestrian one (by Breeland’s standards, possibly due to injury recovery and new scheme fit).

Based on their careers and taking other factors into account, I don’t believe we got the worse player.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:53 PM 03-18-2019
Hopefully they are. Not impressed by the secondary coaches. Nothing on that list that says, "Better".

And i don't hate or love the Spags pick. I think he'll be fine if you get him talent.

There's nothing on his resume though that suggests he can make chicken salad out of chicken penises.
Spags has an up and down history as a coordinator. But he's been terrific coaching DB's. So, not worried about that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:54 PM 03-18-2019
No, it's only better if you field a team with better players. I don't give a damn how much cap space they have if it doesn't equate to talent on the field.

Saving money does not equal wins. Do something with the money that puts better talent on the field otherwise who gives a damn.
Berry didn't play but 3 games. They got better.
Houston missed 4 games last year. If they get somebody that can play more games than that, they got better.
And they were about to pay Ford $16M to do something he'd never done before. They definitely got better.

The draft hasn't even freaking happened yet. Free agency isn't even a week old. :-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:54 PM 03-18-2019
Is detoxing always this negative about everything?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:55 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
Historically, has Nelson actually been a better player? He didn’t even have a career interception until 2018...

It seems we are comparing Nelson’s best year to a fairly pedestrian one (by Breeland’s standards, possibly due to injury recovery and new scheme fit).

Based on their careers and taking other factors into account, I don’t believe we got the worse player.
Breeland is a better player, there's no question.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:55 PM 03-18-2019

Dude, if you’re not extremely happy with the staff as a whole, I don’t know what to tell you.

You have a SB winning DC, one of the best DL coaches in the league, and one of the best DC’s in CFB coaching your LB’s.

Yea, the DB caches don’t quite have the same resume, but Madison was a smart technically sound CB, Merritt’s been in the league a while, and it’s Spag’s specialty anyways. He has a great reputation for his work in the secondary.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:56 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:

It seems we are comparing Nelson’s best year to a fairly forgettable one (by Breeland’s standards, possibly due to injury recovery and new scheme fit).

How different was their scheme? Both the Redskins and Packers ran a 3-4. Beyond that, i don't know. Do you? Did one team play more man vs zone?

Feels like more of excuse than anything without some actual evidence on the table.

Injury? Sure, I'll entertain the notion that he was slowed by injury recovery. It's a worthy "IF".
[Reply]
staylor26 03:56 PM 03-18-2019
Yea, as somebody that defended Nelson his entire career, I have no doubt Breeland is a cheap upgrade.
[Reply]
MeatRock 03:58 PM 03-18-2019
Breeland definitely plays the ball better than Nelson ever did. Nelson seems quite a bit faster but couldn't track the ball for shit.
I like the Breeland signing.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 29
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up