ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 56
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Warrick 07:26 PM 04-29-2018
All of a sudden Speaks is starting to look better to Mr. Roundup with that enlightening piece of info... now go watch the LSU game.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:30 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
The Miss State LT was drafted this year. He's good

It's rare for EDGE players to get sacks. 12 sacks in 16 games is a great number. EDGE players affect in a game isn't normally felt play to play, but they can have a BIG impact in the game as long as they hold up against the run and get some pressure

I bet we see Speaks as a stand-up rusher in the middle on third downs sometimes.

Going to be exciting
Dude he was being made a non issue on running plays also not to mention he was collapsing down and not holding the edge so he was allowing the run to get to the outside.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:30 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Warrick:
All of a sudden Speaks is starting to look better to Mr. Roundup with that enlightening piece of info... now go watch the LSU game.
I think you need some help with reading comprehension.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:34 PM 04-29-2018
What a lazy evaluation if that’s all you come away with.

I don’t love there pick, but it’s clear to see the positives that Veach, Reid, and those scouts are talking about.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:37 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sounds like a guy the media wasn’t nearly as high on as scouts/personnel guys were
And that is why media guys are media guys and scouts/ personnel guys are scouts/personnel guys.:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 07:40 PM 04-29-2018
He flashes off and on which is about all you can hope for. He’s growing on me.

I like him more than the Tanoh Kpassagnon pick bc he isn’t as raw and should immediately play, but he’s by no means our best first pick over the years of this regime.

Not like he was straight up embarrassing lineman in front of their parents like Chris Jones did at MSU.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:45 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I still would have taken Isaiah Oliver over him.

But I’m not Veach.
Precisely you and I aren't Reid/Veach. Pete nails it in his post below. It is a school of thought in building your defense that most if not all teams strive for. Like Walsh said many years ago, the team that has the better pass rush in the 4th qrt usually wins the game(my paraphrase of course). And I will add that if you can't stop the run CBs don't matter either because TDs are scored and the clock(TOP) is dominated by the team that can run.

Originally Posted by petegz28:
Don't care how good your CB's are. If you have no pass rush, it doesn't matter.
:-)

Top Trench play on both sides of the ball is everything !!
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:19 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He flashes off and on which is about all you can hope for. He’s growing on me.

I like him more than the Tanoh Kpassagnon pick bc he isn’t as raw and should immediately play, but he’s by no means our best first pick over the years of this regime.

Not like he was straight up embarrassing lineman in front of their parents like Chris Jones did at MSU.
That's why Veach specifically mentioned the rotation of Houston, Ford and Speaks. Then added while KPass develops.
[Reply]
Frosty 08:34 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
That's why Veach specifically mentioned the rotation of Houston, Ford and Speaks. Then added while KPass develops.
And "Frankie" (Zombo) is relegated to ST only.

I thought that was an interesting comment.
[Reply]
rico 09:07 PM 04-29-2018
The more I watch/read about this guy, the more I love this pick. I can’t believe we got him where we did. How in the hell was he not selected sooner?!?! This dude is gonna be fun!!
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:14 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
And "Frankie" (Zombo) is relegated to ST only.

I thought that was an interesting comment.
Franky can hit the fucking highway. Younger players can play STs
[Reply]
BossChief 09:33 PM 04-29-2018
I’ve watched a bunch of this kid since we drafted him and can see why they threw out Suggs/Hali as the comparison.

Gonna be a good player for us with the right aggressive mentality.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:42 PM 04-29-2018
The weakest links on defense from 2017 are all gone now, or should have reduced roles.

Gaines
Parker
Sorensen
Zombo

I’m confident Veach will swing a trade for a CB and maybe another safety, but that front 7 should make the secondary’s job easier.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:53 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The weakest links on defense from 2017 are all gone now, or should have reduced roles.

Gaines
Parker
Sorensen
Zombo

I’m confident Veach will swing a trade for a CB and maybe another safety, but that front 7 should make the secondary’s job easier.

DJ & Hali are gone too.

Defense has to be faster now.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 PM 04-29-2018
I’d still like to sign Eric Reid
[Reply]
Page 19 of 56
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up