ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 25
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:23 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Thanks for clearing that up. I always thought a game was 10-minutes. Clearly you are a genius
well then why would you say that was the GREATEST post season game on chiefs QB history?

1) we lost
2) we didnt score any points (0 points) in the second half
3) the QB threw all of 4 deep passes the entire game
4) of those 4, 1 was caught for 20 yards
5) only 3 chiefs wr's had catches
6) those wr's had 52, 25 and 2 yards respectively
7) the second half drives: 5 punts and a missed fg
8) the last 9 drives:

-1 yard, -1 yard, 9 yards, 15 yards, 25 yards, 24 yards, 9 yards, 24 yards, -2 yards

9) net result of those last 9 drives: one FG attempt

10) alex smith was 22/33 for 243 yards , hardly mind blowing
11) yes he had 3 TD's but one was a single play drive when they fumbled at the goal line...without that gift, his stat line is this:

21/32 for 243 yards and 2 TD's

All in all, you are completely full of shit that this was 'the greatest post season performance by any chiefs QB'

You dont know wtf youre talking about
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:27 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
well then why would you say that was the GREATEST post season game on chiefs QB history?

1) we lost
8) the last 9 drives:

-1 yard, -1 yard, 9 yards, 15 yards, 25 yards, 24 yards, 9 yards, 24 yards, -2 yards

11) yes he had 3 TD's but one was a single play drive when they fumbled at the goal line...without that gift, his stat line is this:

All in all, you are completely full of shit that this was 'the greatest post season performance by any chiefs QB'

Because homie here didn't have any sort of clue what the Chiefs were about beyond the colors and location.

Well, I guess 2-14. Because that season apparently eclipses the fact that they were two blocked FGs away from back to back playoff appearances after being quarterbacked by Cassel, Palko and Orton.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:28 PM 08-19-2017

1) we lost
8) the last 9 drives:

You are a moron.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 04:30 PM 08-19-2017
You are a moron.
You're the moron, moron.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:40 PM 08-19-2017
You are a moron.
That didnt go the way you thought, did it?

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:41 PM 08-19-2017
not true whatsoever

i completely disagree with this. it might have been the best half (the 1st 2 quarters) but the second half was shitty and he literally couldnt make a 1st down to win the game when he needed to

a game is 60 minutes
Cuts both ways. Your complaint only establishes that he outperformed any other Chiefs QB's game output in 2 quarters.

Before people start bitching, that doesn't mean Alex is 'bestest ever.' It just means he's performed best in Chiefs' history, as as it is.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:44 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Cuts both ways. Your complaint only establishes that he outperformed any other Chiefs QB's game output in 2 quarters.

Before people start bitching, that doesn't mean Alex is 'bestest ever.' It just means he's performed best in Chiefs' history, as as it is.
:-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:46 PM 08-19-2017
well

I will submit that you are incorrect

Montana's overtime win against Pittsburg comes to mind as clearly better and if needed I can probably come up with more.

I would also submit that , by his own petard, the WIN is the most important thing, according to 'all he does is win' guy so therefore even Deberg's win against the raiders is probably better

I stand by my original statement:

That 1st half against teh colts was the best HALF any chiefs QB has played in the post season. But the entire game? hardly

But all that being said how could you argue against Lenny D winning the superbowl??

Wasnt that the best performance by a QB, 'just winning' ?
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:48 PM 08-19-2017
i recall a playoff game against miami where both montana and allen were the sole reason we lost that game :-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:53 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i recall a playoff game against miami where both montana and allen were the sole reason we lost that game :-)
Don't forget Marty. He sucked the penis as a playoff coach.
[Reply]
rico 05:03 PM 08-19-2017

Wait a second, I thought the only stat that mattered to you Alexsexuals was leading their TEAM to victory?!?!?

Only when it's convenient, I guess.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:05 PM 08-19-2017
well

I will submit that you are incorrect

Montana's overtime win against Pittsburg comes to mind as clearly better and if needed I can probably come up with more.

I would also submit that , by his own petard, the WIN is the most important thing, according to 'all he does is win' guy so therefore even Deberg's win against the raiders is probably better

I stand by my original statement:

That 1st half against teh colts was the best HALF any chiefs QB has played in the post season. But the entire game? hardly

But all that being said how could you argue against Lenny D winning the superbowl??

Wasnt that the best performance by a QB, 'just winning' ?
But isn't that the thing? Alex haters go on and on and on about 'just winning' isn't enough, until it makes Alex look bad, and suddenly it's the only thing once again.

That's the disconnect, few if anyone think that Alex is the best thing ever. Just good enough to succeed with.

But the detractors bend and twist each and every metric in their obsession to argue that he's the worst.

He can't do xxx.
Except when he did.
OK, he did. But not enough.
Well he does it quite a bit.
But not when it counts
Sure he did, except the rest of the team fell apart.
That's no excuse
It's an excuse for anyone but him
Oh, so he's as good as xxx and yyyy now?
Sometimes.
But not enough.

It's like fucking the most useless game of whack-a-mole ever.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:07 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Wait a second, I thought the only stat that mattered to you Alexsexuals was leading their TEAM to victory?!?!?

Only when it's convenient, I guess.
Pop culture reference alert!!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:10 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Don't forget Marty. He sucked the penis as a playoff coach.
Might as well rip open old wounds.

This entire mantra that 'Alex is good enough to get the team good, but not good enough to win a championship and championships are all that matters' is oddly reminiscent of the 14-2 Chargers.

Remember when the Chargers were 14-2?
Remember when the Chargers were adequate?
Remember when the Chargers weren't a joke?

[Reply]
rico 05:13 PM 08-19-2017
Pop culture reference alert!!

[Reply]
Page 19 of 25
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up