« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba Hali is upset
MAG 01:21 PM 07-22-2017

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:23 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
it could become a rallying point.

For whom?

Do you really think the rest of the 53 are going to rally around Hali if he isn't the best ROLBer on the roster?

Hali's just making it more difficult for himself. His tweets were childish and stupid.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:25 PM 07-22-2017
I'm not crazy about it either, but maybe better to air the dirty laundry now..... it could become a rallying point.
It's not like Hali can't call these guys up and discuss it privately.

All this talk about "leaders not showing up" blah blah blah it's just window dressing. The truth is the man feels entitled to a starting position. The only reason he brought up the fact that "leaders" didn't show up was to illustrate the point that HE showed up, therefore HE is putting in more effort, therefore more deserving.

It's not about anything other than that. Everything said around that subject is nothing more than him pleading his case as to why HE thinks he should be starting.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:25 PM 07-22-2017
Sounds like Hali thinks since KC chose not play him against the Steelers, they are using it as leverage for a salary reduction. He brings up 58 snaps in week one against the 7 in the divisional round. Only money issues would lead him to make these thoughts public...IMO. It's out of character enough for people to think his account was hacked..

He has $8 million reason, right now, to be content and happy...unless.

Go back and re-read his tweets from that perspective.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:26 PM 07-22-2017
I'm not crazy about it either, but maybe better to air the dirty laundry now..... it could become a rallying point.
Sure, throwing the entire defense under the bus...a rallying point.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:26 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Sounds like Hali thinks since KC didn't play him against the Steelers, they are using it as leverage for a salary reduction.
He's under contract and under no obligation to renegotiate.

If the Chiefs cut him, the cap charge is in excess of $8 million.

They're not cutting him.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:27 PM 07-22-2017
I don't know I guess anything is possible, but from where I'm sitting it's a bad look. Rarely does it build unity when someone rips into their coworkers on twitter. Hell in the real world, most people would get shit canned for that.

Hopefully it will blow over.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:27 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Yeah. I know a guy that has his jersey. He wants him here too.. even though he should of been cut two years ago.
I have two Hali jerseys. Call me a homer. I love everything he represents as a player (except for his little suspension a couple years back... :-))
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:28 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's not like Hali can't call these guys up and discuss it privately.

All this talk about "leaders not showing up" blah blah blah it's just window dressing. The truth is the man feels entitled to a starting position.

It's not about anything other than that. Everything said around that subject is nothing more than him pleading his case as to why HE thinks he should be starting.
Funny how he eludes to how championship teams do things...

Well, Tamba...

Belichick would have cut your ass two years ago.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:28 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:

Well, Tamba...

heh. I know, right.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:30 PM 07-22-2017

Well, Tamba...

You're probably right.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:32 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
For whom?

Do you really think the rest of the 53 are going to rally around Hali if he isn't the best ROLBer on the roster?

Hali's just making it more difficult for himself. His tweets were childish and stupid.
Do you believe teams only rally around their best players? Because I can guarantee you that just because a guy might not have padded stats or the biggest contract in the room doesn't mean he can't earn a ton of respect and have a lot of influence on his teammates.
[Reply]
O.city 04:33 PM 07-22-2017
If he does have a lot of influence over teammates, throwing them under the bus on twitter isn't going to be a good thing.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:36 PM 07-22-2017

Well, Tamba...

Exactly.

I'm sick of the emotional signings the chiefs do. Especially the fans that want to win a Superbowl for player X.

Who gives a shit. They are expendable resources... Use them discard them.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:37 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He's under contract and under no obligation to renegotiate.

If the Chiefs cut him, the cap charge is in excess of $8 million.

They're not cutting him.
That wouldn't change the scenario where they are asking him to take a pay cut though...and Tamba bringing up the fact he WAS at OTAs unlike the other high-priced LR leaders.

I would be pissed if they tried to chew me down on a contract too...even if I didn't have to take it.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:38 PM 07-22-2017
Sure, throwing the entire defense under the bus...a rallying point.
I didn't read anything that suggests he threw the entire team under the bus. His comments may be pointed at some however, but so be it. Too many here are acting as if Hali is the first athlete to call out his team, players, coaching, or management.

You don't think Tom Brady or Peyton Manning ever ripped teammates on the sideline, or let alone in meetings? I seem to recall Peyton Manning going public calling out Mike Vanderjagt as just one example. I already said maybe this is not the best approach Hali could have taken, but as a respected veteran he has every right to air his feelings if he feels his concerns are not being taken serious or that certain members of the team need to buy-in more.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 45
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up