ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 49
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jamaal signs with Broncos
rabblerouser 04:12 PM 05-02-2017
Per NFLnet. 1 year deal. I just threw up in my mouth...
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:05 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I can appreciate that he's hurt and may want to stick it to the Chiefs front office. But, saying it in public and being petty and a douche about it is classless and unprofessional. I'll stop short of saying that I hope he gets injured, but everything within me hopes he fails miserably.
sums my feelings up perfectly... **** that bitter brokedick.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:19 AM 05-03-2017
I'm sure Peyton Manning had similar feelings about the Colts, he was just a lot more PR conscious than Jamaal Charles. I don't think Charles wanted to piss all over Chiefs fans, he said how he felt and didn't consider the consequences.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:23 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I'm sure Peyton Manning had similar feelings about the Colts, he was a lot more PR conscious than Jamaal Charles. I don't think Charles wanted to piss all over Chiefs fans, he just said how he felt and didn't consider the consequences.
I'm sure Charles is pissed off with the guys calling the shots in the front office... not the fans.

But, when he says 'it's personal' that's when the fans are like "Oh no he didn't..." As if he was looking every fan in the face and saying "f you"... he wasn't, it was ownership.

Whatever though, that's the fuel some need to get by and accept he's gone.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 07:24 AM 05-03-2017
I hope he stays healthy this entire year. I hope he gets 200 carries. I hope he gets every chance to be the guy in Denver. I hope these things because if they happen, Jamaal will have the most cherished aspect of his legacy tarnished, his career ypc.

He does not have the same skills he used to, he is not as effective as he was years ago, and he's running behind a lackluster line. The greatest possible outcome of this shitty situation JC has put Chiefs fans in, would be for him to personally wipe himself from any "all-time great" conversations by taking away his biggest argument for even being considered with his YPC ranking. Let him fuck that up with Denver so when he looks back on this decision he regrets it for the rest of his life, which he absolutely deserves after the comments he's made about a fan base that has adored and given nothing but support for throughout his tenure here.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:27 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
I hope he stays healthy this entire year. I hope he gets 200 carries. I hope he gets every chance to be the guy in Denver. I hope these things because if they happen, Jamaal will have the most cherished aspect of his legacy tarnished, his career ypc.

He does not have the same skills he used to, he is not as effective as he was years ago, and he's running behind a lackluster line. The greatest possible outcome of this shitty situation JC has put Chiefs fans in, would be for him to personally wipe himself from any "all-time great" conversations by taking away his biggest argument for even being considered with his YPC ranking. Let him **** that up with Denver so when he looks back on this decision he regrets it for the rest of his life, which he absolutely deserves after the comments he's made about a fan base that has adored and given nothing but support for throughout his tenure here.
Yeah, I'm sure that's at the top of his list of things to preserve... the 5.5 ypc. Sure, it's a hell of a deal, but I doubt it was on his goal poster. Charles put up a lot of nice stats and watched his team lose a lot of games during his time there... probably feels like he has more to prove, they all do, so (wait for it) ... we'll see.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 07:32 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Yeah, I'm sure that's at the top of his list of things to preserve... the 5.5 ypc. Sure, it's a hell of a deal, but I doubt it was on his goal poster. Charles put up a lot of nice stats and watched his team lose a lot of games during his time there... probably feels like he has more to prove, they all do, so (wait for it) ... we'll see.
What would you say is his biggest career accomplishment?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:34 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
What would you say is his biggest career accomplishment?
Hell if I know... have never tracked all of the stats. Isn't he KC's all-time leading rusher?
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 07:35 AM 05-03-2017
Hell if I know... have never tracked all of the stats. Isn't he KC's all-time leading rusher?
Doesn't look like that has much relevance to him these days. What would be your second best guess for his biggest accomplishment?
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:40 AM 05-03-2017
Best yards per carry average that was held by Jim Brown.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:41 AM 05-03-2017
We'll never forget you Jamar
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:42 AM 05-03-2017
Cut it with the dating/marriage metaphors. It's nothing like a romantic relationship because age and infirmity are supposed to strengthen, not sever, those bonds.

Players know, when they're too old, too expensive, or too injured, they stop producing value for their franchise. That's why they press for compensation as soon and urgently as possible.

If a player/franchise severs ties and the player remains in the league with resentment and a chip on his shoulder for such severance, he re-enters the talent pool with no expectation of pre-existing affection.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 07:44 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
What happens when our current QB signs elsewhere?
It'll be the beginning of the healing. You guys already hate him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:47 AM 05-03-2017
Charles could have come out and thanked the Broncos for the opportunity but that he wanted to thank the Chiefs, their fans and the city as a whole for all of the years that they cheered for him. That probably would have cut the resentment in half. Instead he came out and basically said fuck the Chiefs in his opening statement. Not too smart.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 07:49 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Charles could have come out and thanked the Broncos for the opportunity but that he wanted to thank the Chiefs, their fans and the city as a whole for all of the years that they cheered for him. That probably would have cut the resentment in half. Instead he came out and basically said **** the Chiefs in his opening statement. Not too smart.
Probably was given a scripted response by his agent of how to go out with class, but he couldn't read it so he just winged it.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:50 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Charles could have come out and thanked the Broncos for the opportunity but that he wanted to thank the Chiefs, their fans and the city as a whole for all of the years that they cheered for him. That probably would have cut the resentment in half. Instead he came out and basically said **** the Chiefs in his opening statement. Not too smart.
Well this is a given since day one... Have you ever heard him talk?
[Reply]
Page 19 of 49
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up