ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 03:08 PM 03-23-2024
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:42 PM 05-16-2024
Have we ever had a starting 5 where everyone could shoot the 3 like that?

Maybe Tharpe, Selden, Wiggins, Ellis, and Embiid?

None of them were “great” shooters though. Embiid also barely shot the 3 back then.

Jay Wright would love this.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:45 PM 05-16-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
PG - Dajuan Harris
SG - Jaxson Robinson
SF - Rylan Griffen
PF - AJ Storr
C - Hunter Dickinson

PF - KJ Adams
SG - Zeke Mayo
C - Flory Bidunga
SG - Elmarko Jackson
SG - Jamari McDowell
PF - Zach Clemence

Good lord.
KJ is gonna start
[Reply]
BWillie 07:50 PM 05-16-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
KJ is gonna start
Probably but I hope not.

Would be nice to see him go from 33.5 mpg to 24.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:49 AM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
PG - Dajuan Harris
SG - Jaxson Robinson
SF - Rylan Griffen
PF - AJ Storr
C - Hunter Dickinson

PF - KJ Adams
SG - Zeke Mayo
C - Flory Bidunga
SG - Elmarko Jackson
SG - Jamari McDowell
PF - Zach Clemence

Good lord.
One of these is not like the other
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:14 PM 05-24-2024
As the NCAA's withdrawal deadline approaches, teams have indicated Furphy has only worked out for spots in the lottery. His decision whether to return to Kansas will likely go down to the wire, depending on how the coming days go and whether he likes his options. Scouts have been intrigued by Furphy's mix of size, skill and smooth athleticism, particularly at his age and early stage of physical development.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...p-25-prospects
[Reply]
Ceej 05:36 AM 05-30-2024
Furphy officially gone, to nobody's surprise.

I sure hope he turns into something.

While I really dislike the NBA I'll always watch if there are some Jayhawks playing.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:58 AM 05-30-2024
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Furphy officially gone, to nobody's surprise.

I sure hope he turns into something.

While I really dislike the NBA I'll always watch if there are some Jayhawks playing.
I would like to have seen Furphy another year in a Jayhawk uniform, but the lack of NIL for international players put that in the very low likelihood category.

Best of luck to the young man.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:01 AM 05-30-2024
The draft is just so so bad this year. He would’ve been dumb to come back.

I’ll always remember Sherron being a fringe first round pick after his sophomore and junior years, then going undrafted. A lot of Damon Stoudamire comps.

If you can be a first round pick (especially lottery), just go. The chance might not be there the next year.

The Blake Griffin’s who really elevate their stock (when they would’ve been first rounders anyway) are pretty rare.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:43 AM 05-30-2024
Especially if you are blocked from receiving NIL cash which is just so dumb
[Reply]
sedated 12:19 PM 05-30-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ll always remember Sherron being a fringe first round pick after his sophomore and junior years, then going undrafted. A lot of Damon Stoudamire comps.
My recollection was that Sherron ate himself out of being drafted :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:22 PM 05-30-2024
Originally Posted by sedated:
My recollection was that Sherron ate himself out of being drafted :-)
Probably had something to do with it. He wasn’t near as explosive his senior year.

Would’ve been wise to go after the Title or maybe his junior year.

Having too much tape or exposure really seems to hurt your draft stock, unless you’re an otherworldly talent.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:22 PM 05-30-2024
If I was scraping change together to get a 5 piece nugget and two jr bacon cheesburgers at the Wendy's drive-thru on 6th and Iowa in 1997 and someone came up to my car and knocked on the window and said if you leave college right now I'll pay you 12 million dollars I'd still go through the drive thru and get my food. But then drive away

just saying Wendy's dollar menu for poor college kids is top tier
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 01:09 PM 05-30-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The draft is just so so bad this year. He would’ve been dumb to come back.

If you can be a first round pick (especially lottery), just go. The chance might not be there the next year.

The Blake Griffin’s who really elevate their stock (when they would’ve been first rounders anyway) are pretty rare.
What's honestly frustrating about Furphy leaving, probably for the reasons you said, is that basically every other fringe guy returned to school for NIL I guess. You would have thought a weak draft would hurt most teams with fringe NBA guys but instead everyone returned and it will be a deep year for the top 10.
[Reply]
Ceej 02:57 PM 05-30-2024
I'm a very casual NBA fan.

But, I sure wish there were more Jayhawks in the league to root for.

Obviously Embiid being the cream of the crop, and Gradey potentially balling out his sophomore year in the league.

Everyone else is just meh.

Here's hoping Furphy continues to develop and can be a solid role player in the league.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:58 PM 05-30-2024
Sounds like someone is not watching Nuggets games and seeing the glory that is Braun
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up