ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 298
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:26 AM 12-14-2018
I'm curious to know what happened between the first and second half in terms of QB pressure. We were all OVER Rivers in the 1st half, but not at all in the 2nd. Was that on us for backing off/poor effort (Jones excluded) or did the Chargers chip the edge rush?
[Reply]
Aspengc8 10:31 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
I'm curious to know what happened between the first and second half in terms of QB pressure. We were all OVER Rivers in the 1st half, but not at all in the 2nd. Was that on us for backing off/poor effort (Jones excluded) or did the Chargers chip the edge rush?
adjusted chip protection + no berry to show our secondary where to play.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:31 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
They're watching the tape now. We just don't know if the "tape" is a funny Netflix movie, or cartoons from the 70s, but when the show is over, they'll claim (with fingers crossed behind their back) they're going to make adjustments. And those will be going from red-on-red uniforms to something else. Just to see if that works.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:32 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Would you like me to point you in the direction of the several post I've authored that said I agree that it's time for a change?

I don't care if they fire Sutton - there's cause for it.

Literally the only thing I've argued is the justification for it and with the underlying premise that he's some kind of drooling retard. He's not, but he's simply too...I dunno...austere? There's no 'there' there. And he's lost his charges on account of it. He simply isn't getting through to them. I belive it was Htismaq that said it or maybe he responded to it, but someone said the issue is no longer blame but rather responsibility. The ultimate success or failure of the defense rests with him and it's not being successful.

I will say that the defense looked completely different with Berry out there. Yes, it's a coaching failure that literally nobody on that field seems to know what they're doing when he isn't out there, but it still suggests that a healthy Berry could get us into the post-season as the 1 seed still. They win that game if he 'feels right' (seriously, what the fuck was that all about? I could play but my gut said no? Jesus, Berry - you're really turning into a flake).

But even with EB, we will get eviscerated since we no longer have the one truly dynamic CB we had on this team. But still....
Fair enough, my man. Kadoos!
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:32 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
adjusted chip protection + no berry to show our secondary where to play.
The second one being the most important.

It is fucking pathetic that they are this bad. It actually boggles my fucking mind how bad this secondary is without him. Everyone can argue back and forth about how this is on Sutton or this is on the players....but fucking all of them need to go.
[Reply]
lmccluer 10:34 AM 12-14-2018
To quote #RPatrickAllen from Twitter,
“The Chargers erased a 14-point deficit in the final 5 minutes to stun the Chiefs, 29-28.

Entering Thursday, teams were 0-88 this season when trailing by 14+ points in the final 5 min of regulation. Philip Rivers was 0-20 in his career in those situations.”

This says it all. Well, that and the fact that instead of going for 1, and tying the game up, and keeping their chances up for the playoffs, they had enough confidence that they could go for 2, and win the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:35 AM 12-14-2018
Ron Parker couldn't cover broke dick Antonio Gates in man coverage. Dude is trash.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 10:36 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
EXACTLY. Look, football is NOT rocket science. You have to cover YOUR man, whether it is switching off or simple "man-coverage".

That last play on the 2-pt conversion tells me all I need to know. Coaching, Coaching, Coaching, and Coaching. PERIOD, end of story.

No discipline - no accountability.
Not trying to play devils advocate here, but a lot of coverages can get rather compicated, especially with pattern-matching coverages. It changes on the fly depending on offenses alignment + any motion presnap.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:37 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ron Parker couldn't cover broke dick Antonio Gates in man coverage. Dude is trash.
And this is the #1 reason why Sutton has to go. There is literally no excuse that anyone could come up with to say that Parker is better than Lucas. At worse....it's a fucking wash. But at least Lucas has youth on his side. Parker should be cut after last night...but he won't.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:39 AM 12-14-2018
Maybe Bob just wants to both start his vacation/retirement early, and maybe he wants to see an L.A. vs. L.A. Super Bowl? You know he's done a very good job, minimally his part, to help set up the L.A. vs. L.A. Super Bowl. You know the NFL would love that, don't lie!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
And this is the #1 reason why Sutton has to go. There is literally no excuse that anyone could come up with to say that Parker is better than Lucas. At worse....it's a fucking wash. But at least Lucas has youth on his side. Parker should be cut after last night...but he won't.
And when Berry saw the field, Sorensen came off.

The Parker thing is the most incredible mind-fuck I have ever seen. I simply cannot understand how they watch tape of this team and allow Ron Parker to take the field week after week.

It's not even a simple ability thing. He's indifferent. He watches more piles move than anyone you'll ever see. He's supposed to get up in the box and just kinda stands there and let a blocker come to him 6-7 yards past the LOS. Everything he does is with an eye on simply surviving another play.

I just....I don't get it. I always try to sit here and come up with why someone is doing something and generally I can find a justification even if I don't agree with it. But I can find NOTHING in support of having Ron Parker on the field anymore. Just absolutely nothing.

It's to the point that the only semi-rational explanation I have is straight up extortion. Ron Parker has Bob Sutton's family tied up in a basement somewhere and he'll give them back after Bob starts him for 17 games or something. That's literally the most sensible explanation I can come up with.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:42 AM 12-14-2018

The Parker thing is the most incredible mind-fuck I have ever seen. I simply cannot understand how they watch tape of this team and allow Ron Parker to take the field week after week.

It's not even a simple ability thing. He's indifferent. He watches more piles move than anyone you'll ever see. He's supposed to get up in the box and just kinda stands there and let a blocker come to him 6-7 yards past the LOS. Everything he does is with an eye on simply surviving another play.

I just....I don't get it. I always try to sit here and come up with why someone is doing something and generally I can find a justification even if I don't agree with it. But I can find NOTHING in support of having Ron Parker on the field anymore. Just absolutely nothing.

It's to the point that the only semi-rational explanation I have is straight up extortion. Ron Parker has Bob Sutton's family tied up in a basement somewhere and he'll give them back after Bob starts him for 17 games or something. That's literally the most sensible explanation I can come up with.
And this is why Bob Sutton and Emmitt Thomas can GTFO.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:43 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Does Sutton have pictures of Andy and Clark blowing each other?
Investigate 9/11
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:43 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
And Brett Veach brought this guy back along with paying a mediocre ILB top notch money and a broke dick WR
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:43 AM 12-14-2018

The Parker thing is the most incredible mind-**** I have ever seen. I simply cannot understand how they watch tape of this team and allow Ron Parker to take the field week after week.

Or maybe Bob is just a dipshit
[Reply]
Page 189 of 298
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Up