ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 188 of 367
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
lewdog 09:10 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Mufflers can be junked. The louvers can be left black or painted.
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Looking at pictures it appears I could have been totally fucking wrong here, lol.

They are usually painted.
Found the packing slip and directions. These are unpainted and they recommend painting these. The color and finish is totally ugly so I do see why. I might just leave them off then. Not sure I want to tackle how to paint these and have them look nice. Not sure on the louver look anyway.
[Reply]
Buzz 10:15 PM 01-29-2017
Welp, I'm going to try putting a clutch in my truck in the next couple of weeks. I should say help put it in, as my future nephew offered to do it. Jason knows my history when I tackled the steering column and the anti-theft wires replacing the turn signal switch, didn't work out so well.
[Reply]
Buzz 10:19 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Found the packing slip and directions. These are unpainted and they recommend painting these. The color and finish is totally ugly so I do see why. I might just leave them off then. Not sure I want to tackle how to paint these and have them look nice. Not sure on the louver look anyway.

Not a fan of the louver look, I like the solid air scoop better.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:36 AM 02-04-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Welp, I'm going to try putting a clutch in my truck in the next couple of weeks. I should say help put it in, as my future nephew offered to do it. Jason knows my history when I tackled the steering column and the anti-theft wires replacing the turn signal switch, didn't work out so well.
Hit me up before you tackle this job buzz
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:37 AM 02-04-2017
We're headed to Sprint center for monster jam. My youngest is crazy about them. Pit passes too
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:00 AM 02-04-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I mean this in the nicest way possible, you are way to OCD to use those.

If you mount those up, when you wash it, water will get trapped back there, and then continue to run out some (with dust that has accumulated back there.) while you are trying to dry it. I'd say there is a >90% chance you go on a killing spree. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:01 AM 02-04-2017
Hey Jason,

Dad has talked to a body shop guy that said he is having trouble getting GM parts. Is there any truth to that or is he being whiny?
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:01 AM 02-04-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

If you mount those up, when you wash it, water will get trapped back there, and then continue to run out some (with dust that has accumulated back there.) while you are trying to dry it. I'd say there is a >90% chance you go on a killing spree. :-)
you're exactly right. I never thought about that
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:02 AM 02-04-2017
Hey Jason,

Dad has talked to a body shop guy that said he is having trouble getting GM parts. Is there any truth to that or is he being whiny?
Haven't seen it myself, will ask my body guy Monday
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:05 AM 02-04-2017
We've had more Toyota issues lately.

I should say the guy is wanting the better mark up on aftermarket
[Reply]
Frazod 09:28 AM 02-04-2017
I got a 2014 Ford Escape last summer. Overall I really like it - small but comfortable, extremely useful with the hatchback, surprisingly peppy, but the one issue I have with it is that it gets really shitty gas mileage, especially when it's really cold outside. Driving it around town when the temperature is in the teens, like today, it's getting around 15 mpg. Now, I don't exactly drive like an old lady, but I'm not Speed Racer either. Is that normal, or should I bring it in to get checked?
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:55 AM 02-04-2017
Pretty normal, my mom had a 2013 and it was the same
[Reply]
Frazod 10:01 AM 02-04-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Pretty normal, my mom had a 2013 and it was the same
Thanks. I commute to work by train, so I don't drive enough for it to be a really big deal for me. And I really do like everything about it other than that. I just expected a smaller vehicle with a 4-cylinder engine to get better gas mileage than the mid-sized V-6 I traded for it.

Between the mileage and the 12-gallon tank, I'm definitely hitting the gas station a bit more frequently now.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:48 PM 02-04-2017

I honestly had never thought of that. But you're exactly right. Thanks!

Looks like these will be going on Craigslist then. I see enough Mustangs around here that I should have no trouble unloading these.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 02:45 PM 02-04-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I got a 2014 Ford Escape last summer. Overall I really like it - small but comfortable, extremely useful with the hatchback, surprisingly peppy, but the one issue I have with it is that it gets really shitty gas mileage, especially when it's really cold outside. Driving it around town when the temperature is in the teens, like today, it's getting around 15 mpg. Now, I don't exactly drive like an old lady, but I'm not Speed Racer either. Is that normal, or should I bring it in to get checked?
Cars run rich under cold conditions. You could get a block heater installed, plug the car in at night, and the engine will be warm when you start it up. But, honestly, unless you are living in a place like the northern states, Canada, up to Alaska, there's really no reason to have a block heater. Otherwise, jus be prepared for the car to run rich when it's cold.

One thing I have noticed as I've lived up North, is that a small, 4 cylinder engine gets warmer WAY FASTER than a V8 or even a V6. But that just makes sense, smaller engine, quicker to heat up.
[Reply]
Page 188 of 367
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238288 > Last »
Up