ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 187 of 319
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
BossChief 02:26 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I believe Trent Williams could be a Chief too, FWIW.

And to be fair, you always get silly this time of year. It's part of your charm. :-)
Half of it I actually believe is possible and the other half is for funzies.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:26 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I know a lot of people don’t want to hear it and I’m not necessarily a fan of it, but if we really wanted to push all in, we could restructure Frank Clark’s 18.5m base into a signing bonus.

Tyranns extension incoming
Possible Hill extension before the cap explodes would add to our 2021 cap space.
Kelces roster bonus
Jones bonus

Lots of ways to clear major cap space if Veach thinks it would be wise to make some moves during an advantageous offseason before the cap goes up and while nobody has much to spend and FA is filled with bargains.
If they decide to restructure Clark, I'm fine with it. It's not the end of the world.

That being said, I'd love to just part ways after this coming season and be done with it.
[Reply]
-King- 02:36 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I know a lot of people don’t want to hear it and I’m not necessarily a fan of it, but if we really wanted to push all in, we could restructure Frank Clark’s 18.5m base into a signing bonus.

Tyranns extension incoming
Possible Hill extension before the cap explodes would add to our 2021 cap space.
Kelces roster bonus
Jones bonus

Lots of ways to clear major cap space if Veach thinks it would be wise to make some moves during an advantageous offseason before the cap goes up and while nobody has much to spend and FA is filled with bargains.
Restructuring Shark would be a bad idea.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:42 PM 03-12-2021
If you restructure Clark you can’t cut him or so much dead cap would happen
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:42 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Restructuring Shark would be a bad idea.
Agreed. I'd restructure Stone Cold before Shark.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:42 PM 03-12-2021
I for one cannot wait to see the collective world of NFL fans shit when they realize what is really going on here.

I am STILL reading posts about how the Chiefs won’t have an offensive line to protect Mahomes as a result of losing Fisher, Schwartz, and Reiter.

And I would bet the farm that the week 1 offensive line looks better at those 3 spots than it did for about every game in the 2020 season.

Niang is going to be as good or better than Remmers, probably.

The center is going to be better, or they will kick Allegretti in there and upgrade the LG spot.

And I’m pretty confident LT is about to upgraded too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:43 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I for one cannot wait to see the collective world of NFL fans shit when they realize what is really going on here.

I am STILL reading posts about how the Chiefs won’t have an offensive line to protect Mahomes as a result of losing Fisher, Schwartz, and Reiter.

And I would bet the farm that the week 1 offensive line looks better at those 3 spots than it did for about every game in the 2020 season.

The center is going to be better, or they will kick Allegretti in there and upgrade the LG spot.

Yep.

The whining is going to be epic.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:45 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If you restructure Clark you can’t cut him or so much dead cap would happen
With rollover, that part is somewhat irrelevant though.

It’s a “piggybank” as the guy in the video put it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:48 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

The whining is going to be epic.
And potentially having an offensive line that is capable of really taking advantage of light boxes the Chiefs so often see? That is going to be the rest of the league’s worst nightmare.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:50 PM 03-12-2021
And potentially having an offensive line that is capable of really taking advantage of light boxes the Chiefs so often see? That is going to be the rest of the league’s worst nightmare.
It’s the counterpunch to the game plan that’s worked against us, for sure.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:53 PM 03-12-2021
Guys come on. We’re just going to wait until the draft to protect Mahomes. /s
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:02 PM 03-12-2021
If we get to 200 pages we will sign all the good free agents
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:03 PM 03-12-2021

People like that obviously don't know that Veach didn't make these drastic moves, without having an equally drastic replacement plan in place... we're about to have the best O line of Reids tenure in 2021
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:05 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Guys come on. We’re just going to wait until the draft to protect Mahomes. /s
They're going to draft 4 new lineman, rounds 1-4!
[Reply]
Hoover 03:13 PM 03-12-2021

The same thing happened after Veach blew up the Defense by cutting Berry and Houston and trading Dee Ford. Same exact reaction.

Its perfect if you ask me.
[Reply]
Page 187 of 319
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Up