ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 186 of 207
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:23 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Alright my dudes.

I'm looking to get a start in the upscale booze world.

I haven't been much of a drinker for a lot of years. However, I cleaned up my diet, cut out pop (which I love). That's good for the body, bad for the soul. I need something to look forward to after a long day.

Anyway, I'll lean on the CP brain trust to help me get started. I've read Buffalo Trace is a good starting place for beginners?
If you're a fan of peaty whiskey (think smoky), this is worth a try... To say the least!

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:43 PM 04-07-2022
Alright my dudes.

I'm looking to get a start in the upscale booze world.

I haven't been much of a drinker for a lot of years. However, I cleaned up my diet, cut out pop (which I love). That's good for the body, bad for the soul. I need something to look forward to after a long day.

Anyway, I'll lean on the CP brain trust to help me get started. I've read Buffalo Trace is a good starting place for beginners?
I've drank Old Fashioneds for a long time, but Elijah Craig is the first bourbon I enjoyed neat. It's really damn smooth, didn't know bourbon could be that smooth. Reddit has a beginner's guide to bourbon and Buffalo Trace is the first one listed, so it's another good choice.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...rIxeSNfBk/edit

Angel's Envy is another lower proof bourbon that's really good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:13 AM 04-08-2022
Any online retailers you'll vouch for? I live in BFE.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:20 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
If you're a fan of peaty whiskey (think smoky), this is worth a try... To say the least!

You're talking about Scotch in a bourbon thread?!?!?!

:-)
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:26 AM 04-08-2022
I'm in Louisville. Just finished the Evan Williams experience, next up old Forrester then angels envy
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 10:42 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Picked up a private barrel this weekend. Tried it alongside barrel proof... definitely the heavier hitter between the two, but was pretty similar overall. Both are excellent and this one is pretty easily the highest proof I've tried in the past couple years of getting into bourbon.

How was it? Craig does a great job of keeping the hot stuff flavorful.
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 10:45 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chicago_Bronco:
Searched the thread to see what was said about Barrell brand. Other than this mention from 2020, doesn't seem to be anything here.

It was my boss' birthday, and we were going to have occasion to sit and have a few cigars and drinks. I usually try to find him a bourbon that he might not have had before, and I settled on this:

Actually, looking at this image, it shows the 10-year. I bought the 5 or 6 year.

This was really good bourbon. One of the other posters said they couldn't see spending the $79... I would say it's worth it. Very smooth and flavorful, finishing with some spice that is definitely there, but not overpowering at all.

I recommend it if you happen across a bottle.
I didn’t mind Barrell, but it didn’t wow me either. If I was at your house and you poured me a snort, I’d drink it.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:50 AM 04-08-2022
My 16 yr old daughter stole a bottle of old forester statesman last week. Like, really? You couldn't have taken anything else in the cabinet less significant, a-hole,?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:53 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're talking about Scotch in a bourbon thread?!?!?!

:-)
I know. Deal with it...
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:14 AM 04-08-2022
Any online retailers you'll vouch for? I live in BFE.
I haven't used them for bourbon, but I've used liquorama.net several times to buy an espresso rum called Grind since it's not distributed here... never had any issues with them, always get a styrofoam four pack holder thing that keeps the bottles well protected.

Glanced at their bourbon... noticed a bottle of Barrell that's $99, about $10 higher than what I can buy it for here, but Elijah Craig and others looked comparable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I know. Deal with it...
I was actually being sarcastic. I can't stand bourbon. I love scotch.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:57 PM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I was actually being sarcastic. I can't stand bourbon. I love scotch.
Well you'd love a good Islay...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:57 PM 04-08-2022
After a rather chilly after-work ride I'm going to have a generous pour of Buffalo Trace..
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:25 PM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I haven't used them for bourbon, but I've used liquorama.net several times to buy an espresso rum called Grind since it's not distributed here... never had any issues with them, always get a styrofoam four pack holder thing that keeps the bottles well protected.

Glanced at their bourbon... noticed a bottle of Barrell that's $99, about $10 higher than what I can buy it for here, but Elijah Craig and others looked comparable.
I ordered one from Flaviar. I'll give your site a look.

Thanks for the help.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:22 PM 04-08-2022
I ordered one from Flaviar. I'll give your site a look.

Thanks for the help.
I was gifted a deal from Flaviar as a nice way to get into bourbon, would vouch for them as well. From what I've seen, their pricing for the average bourbon is on par with anywhere else.

Cheers. :-)
[Reply]
Page 186 of 207
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196 > Last »
Up