ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 184 of 232
« First < 84134174180181182183184 185186187188194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:41 AM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Since Chiefzilla is still crying about officiating...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...sial_call_from
Posted via Mobile Device
Every game has bad calls. The problem is game-changers. Like when the defense makes a 4th down stop to seal the game, and the refs call a bullshit pass interference call. That's refs inserting themselves into the game. Nobody wants that. The Cavs had 3 in ONE GAME. Not the charge, but why the refs triggered a review for it (Cavs could have begun icing the clock). The NBA admitted George Hill should have gotten an extra free throw (Cavs could have gone ahead with 4.5 seconds left). And a bullshit Hill foul in OT that was the turning point for the Cavs (they fell apart after)

Even the reddit guy agreed that the Cavs got a lot more ticky tack shit called - like almost all of George Hill's fouls. And that's the point. On top of multiple game-changing ref mistakes only in favor of the Warriors, there's a clear pattern of controversial calls hurting the Cavs, and barely any for the Warriors. The only 2 he introduced was a Lebron "hack" on Looney (watch the replay at 1/4 speed... I don't even know if there was contact) and a Durant strip in OT when the game was basically over.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:20 AM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501;13578854:
Every game has bad calls. The problem is game-changers
. Like when the defense makes a 4th down stop to seal the game, and the refs call a bullshit pass interference call. That's refs inserting themselves into the game. Nobody wants that. The Cavs had 3 in ONE GAME. Not the charge, but why the refs triggered a review for it (Cavs could have begun icing the clock). The NBA admitted George Hill should have gotten an extra free throw (Cavs could have gone ahead with 4.5 seconds left). And a bullshit Hill foul in OT that was the turning point for the Cavs (they fell apart after)

Even the reddit guy agreed that the Cavs got a lot more ticky tack shit called - like almost all of George Hill's fouls. And that's the point. On top of multiple game-changing ref mistakes only in favor of the Warriors, there's a clear pattern of controversial calls hurting the Cavs, and barely any for the Warriors. The only 2 he introduced was a Lebron "hack" on Looney (watch the replay at 1/4 speed... I don't even know if there was contact) and a Durant strip in OT when the game was basically over.
Such as missed goal tending calls?

Do you feel home teams also generally get more calls?
[Reply]
notorious 10:21 AM 06-02-2018
As Chiefs fans we are all experts on game-changing ass-fucking from the refs at the most crucial point in the game.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:57 AM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Lebron is about 3 to 4 steps outside of the restricted area. That is bad bad bad for the refs to review the play based on this. It's not even close.

More like one step for him but not even close
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:58 AM 06-02-2018
Every game has bad calls. The problem is game-changers. Like when the defense makes a 4th down stop to seal the game, and the refs call a bullshit pass interference call. That's refs inserting themselves into the game. Nobody wants that. The Cavs had 3 in ONE GAME. Not the charge, but why the refs triggered a review for it (Cavs could have begun icing the clock). The NBA admitted George Hill should have gotten an extra free throw (Cavs could have gone ahead with 4.5 seconds left). And a bullshit Hill foul in OT that was the turning point for the Cavs (they fell apart after)

The game should have never been close if they would have called the 10 FT's Lebron made lane violations as they should have.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:00 AM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Such as missed goal tending calls?

Do you feel home teams also generally get more calls?
Yeah, kind of like when you miss a goaltending call as a make-up call for the wrong out-of-bounds call just prior to that.

Home teams get more calls. Bad game changing calls happen in big games. We're not talking about one play. We're talking about several game changers, and extremely lobsided officiating throughout & especially in the 4th quarter. There's a difference between a badly officiated game and one where the refs inserted themselves into the outcome.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:04 AM 06-02-2018
So who changed the forum appearance to Royals-themed blue?
Is Hootie lurking?
I am disappoint.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:07 AM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
So who changed the forum appearance to Royals-themed blue?
Is Hootie lurking?
I am disappoint.
You probably did that yourself somehow.

Its still red here
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:14 AM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The game should have never been close if they would have called the 10 FT's Lebron made lane violations as they should have.
Lebron gets superstar treatment a lot. No doubt about that. But so do the Warriors. So far in game 1, the officiating was lobsided to the extreme to favor Durant. I don't doubt Lebron will get superstar treatment in some games. I just hope it never creates game-changing impact as it did in game 1.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:21 AM 06-02-2018
Lebron gets superstar treatment a lot. No doubt about that. But so do the Warriors. So far in game 1, the officiating was lobsided to the extreme to favor Durant. I don't doubt Lebron will get superstar treatment in some games. I just hope it never creates game-changing impact as it did in game 1.

I don't think it was lopsided the Cavs had more 2 more FT attempts and they both committed 18 fouls. Home teams always get the call it seems like just the way it is.

I just don't like this lane violation nonsense to be even brought up because it happens on like 98% of all FT attempts. I don't even know why they have the rule if they aren't ever going to enforce it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:07 PM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I don't think it was lopsided the Cavs had more 2 more FT attempts and they both committed 18 fouls. Home teams always get the call it seems like just the way it is.

I just don't like this lane violation nonsense to be even brought up because it happens on like 98% of all FT attempts. I don't even know why they have the rule if they aren't ever going to enforce it.
It's not about FT attempts on obvious fouls. It's the 50/50 or "controversial" calls. The reddit thread lists 14 fouls, 10 went the Warriors' way. That's plenty lobsided and if you look at the thread, Durant benefits big time from every single missed call or 50/50 call. But the biggest of all is easily the controversial triggering of the charging review and the George Hill OT missed call. I agree on the lane violation, but the NBA thought it important enough to admit the refs made a mistake.

And that's not even getting into what in the world the refs were thinking by throwing a flagrant 2 at Tristan Thompson at the end.
[Reply]
-King- 01:23 PM 06-02-2018
At the end of the day if the refs wanted to help the warriors out, the easiest and most discrete way would be to give Curry free throws. Yet he has 2 total free throws in the past 3 games combined. How do you explain that? He's taken 68 shots in those games. You're telling me he's only been fouled on 1 of them?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:47 PM 06-02-2018
At the end of the day if the refs wanted to help the warriors out, the easiest and most discrete way would be to give Curry free throws. Yet he has 2 total free throws in the past 3 games combined. How do you explain that? He's taken 68 shots in those games. You're telling me he's only been fouled on 1 of them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Three point shots don't get fouled.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:07 PM 06-02-2018
Why would the refs or NBA want the Warriors to win? Common sense guys.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:40 PM 06-02-2018
Posted via Mobile Device
If you can point out any specific fouls, be my guest. I don't think the refs were in the can for Golden State. They just called a really uneven game.
[Reply]
Page 184 of 232
« First < 84134174180181182183184 185186187188194 > Last »
Up