ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 183 of 384
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233283 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
phisherman 08:39 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I did like Matilda, but it's a Belgian Pale Ale and I had it the same night I had Orval, and Orval is a step above to me.

Sofie was fine, but I was expecting a bit more.

The one that really threw me off of them was Gillian, I believe. It was so sour it was like I was drinking a warhead candy. My mouth was wore out after I finished it, and my stomach was upset. That and Pepe Nero was disappointing.
Gillian is crazy good. It's a blonde sour with strawberries and white pepper aged in wine barrels. I had one bottle of it last year, so, so good. Also so, so expensive at almost $30 per bomber.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:40 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Gillian is crazy good. It's a blonde sour with strawberries and white pepper aged in wine barrels. I had one bottle of it last year, so, so good. Also so, so expensive at almost $30 per bomber.
The sour farmhouse ales are just not my style, man. I can't handle it.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:42 PM 09-30-2014
It's not even really all THAT sour. It has a lot of fruit character.

Sours are a funny style; they took a while to stick with me. I just kind of kept plugging away and trying them when I had the chance. Now I can't get enough of them. And I've had some WEIRD ones.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:50 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by phisherman:
It's not even really all THAT sour. It has a lot of fruit character.

Sours are a funny style; they took a while to stick with me. I just kind of kept plugging away and trying them when I had the chance. Now I can't get enough of them. And I've had some WEIRD ones.
It may not be really sour to others. Maybe I just have a sensitivity to it. I can't do sour much at all. As a kid, I would take the warhead candies and rinse the sour powder off of the outside just to get to the sweet part.

I love farmhouse ales, so it's kind of a double edged sword. I pretty much buy them on sight to try them, and you a lot of times I never knew whether it's gonna be sour until I pour it and take that first sniff. I've suffered through a lot of sour farmhouse ales because I didn't want to pour them out.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:58 PM 10-02-2014
Is Boulevard Two Jokers the normal taste to expect from a Witbier? Or is it a bit unique? I'm asking because I really like it, and am looking to try more. I kind of wrote Witbiers off because of the last two I've tried, one was bad and the other was Dogfish Head Red & White which I know is not the typical Witbier. Any recommendations?
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:42 PM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Is Boulevard Two Jokers the normal taste to expect from a Witbier? Or is it a bit unique? I'm asking because I really like it, and am looking to try more. I kind of wrote Witbiers off because of the last two I've tried, one was bad and the other was Dogfish Head Red & White which I know is not the typical Witbier. Any recommendations?
Quite unique, considering it has all that lactic acidity going on. It's like a Berliner Weisse mixed with an imperial wheat beer. With spices. It's unique and so so dope.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:46 PM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Quite unique, considering it has all that lactic acidity going on. It's like a Berliner Weisse mixed with an imperial wheat beer. With spices. It's unique and so so dope.
I figured it would not be the norm for Witbiers. Yea, it's super good. I'll have to pick up a couple more bottles when I'm back in Houston this month.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:48 PM 10-02-2014
Also, when I saw that Reaper replied to this thread, I would have bet my life that he was coming to verbally rape me for bashing the more sour farmhouse ales.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:06 AM 11-22-2014
Some friends just got back from Blackberry Farms. Got to try to Classic Saison and the Screaming Cock Dubbel.

The saison was really good.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:14 AM 11-22-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Some friends just got back from Blackberry Farms. Got to try to Classic Saison and the Screaming Cock Dubbel.

The saison was really good.
I need to get out to Blackberry Farm sometime. One of my good friends was childhood friends with the chef & she gets to stay on the farm for a few days every year gratis. Of their beers, I've tried the Dubbel, but not the Saison.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:27 AM 11-22-2014
I drank a Dark Lord (2011) last weekend. Amazing.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:50 PM 11-22-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I need to get out to Blackberry Farm sometime. One of my good friends was childhood friends with the chef & she gets to stay on the farm for a few days every year gratis. Of their beers, I've tried the Dubbel, but not the Saison.
Clear out your PM's, please. Got something for you.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:39 PM 11-22-2014
Buffalo Bayou Brewery this morning. Not bad beers for being in Texas. Really enjoyed their Gingerbread Stout.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:43 PM 11-22-2014
Also finally got my hands on a Boulevard BBQ.

And Collaboration No. 4. It's their Saison with Ommegang. Looking forward to trying it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:51 PM 11-22-2014
Welp drove all the way to Lawrence for Free State Owd Mac and it was sold out in 14 minutes.
[Reply]
Page 183 of 384
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233283 > Last »
Up