ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1823 of 3903
« First < 823132317231773181318191820182118221823 182418251826182718331873192323232823 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:09 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Beyond all the bickering, I still think the news out of France is worth discussing. Anyone have any thoughts on it at all?
China had to of had it spreading in September would be my guess.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:09 AM 05-04-2020
My parents live nearby and no longer drive. I shop for them weekly without a second thought as do my brother and sister who also live nearby. I used to work in prehospital care and was always saddened at the amount of elderly who had no family or friends nearby to help or care for them. I was raised to care for my family when they could no longer care for themselves. If I lived too far away I would still make arrangements for their care with nearby resources.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:10 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
:-):-):-)

You can't be serious
Stillwater had to rescind its mask requirement because people were threatening retail employees with violence. That's how ridiculous some of this stuff is.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:10 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's academically interesting, but I'm not sure why it matters.
Well it could show that China lied even further which I don't think is disputed.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:10 AM 05-04-2020
I'm not denying that there are solutions. I think it's a little odd to be arguing that people can't "infringe on your rights" (which are largely issues of inconvenience) by saying that others should have to deal with the inconvenience.

As I alluded to earlier, it's just interesting how much of a feeling there is with all of this that we just don't give a shit about it because it mainly impacts old people.

Well you kind of made it personal and asked how your grandparents could obtain food as if they had no other option beyond going to the store so you are getting personal responses.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:10 AM 05-04-2020
:-):-):-)

You can't be serious
I actually agree with him, it feels like you are saying, I should not be inconvenienced by anything in life and if so that is a violation of my rights, so for me to be happy others must be inconvenienced instead.

I never really thought inconvenience and rights equated to each other personally.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:10 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
People need to to do w/e is they feel they need to do to live their life.

Because at the end of the day the only person/people you can rely on is yourself and your family.

If someone loses their job and can't support their family or put food on the table not you or anyone else in this thread is going to pay their goddamn bills or make sure their children eat.

So when it comes to taking care of MY needs vs YOUR needs/fears, 10 out of 10 im taking care of my shit.

I'm sorry that you fear for your grandma. Others are afraid that they can't sustain life much longer like this. That stimulus money and tax refund is gonna run out.

Everything else is just words and bullshit.
Yip.

And hence why the shifted goalpost of "the lockdown must continue in order to save lives" is dishonest considering the lives saved in the USA are going to be measured against the deaths in less-developed countries due to effects of the USA shutting down half of its economic throughputs.

"Okay so the lockdown must continue to save US citizens' lives."

Great until you start thinking about the implications of that.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:11 AM 05-04-2020
Stillwater had to rescind its mask requirement because people were threatening retail employees with violence. That's how ridiculous some of this stuff is.
Sure as always there is a extreme on both sides. Also those mask order unless provided from the government put restrictions on people going out.

Look I'm not arguing we shouldn't all be doing everything we can. I'm only arguing its our god given right NOT TO. Which you are allowed to think is fucking dumb.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:11 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would help anyone that needs it.

accept Sauto. Cause fuck that guy. Wont' get his cell phone fixed.
I am beating this thing's ass.

Can I at least get a bottle of Evan Williams?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:13 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Isn't that document amendable? and maybe a little outdated?
No
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:13 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
this isnt about 'OUR FEAR" it's about the people in charge and their fears.
Whomever the fuck's fears.

Its time to open up and for life to get started again.

Honestly, life has been BETTER for me with this Covid shit. I haven't suffered one bit and business is good. And for the most part i avoid the news and all the doom and gloom and panic.

But as i drove through downtown this morning i saw a line going around the block for a local food bank.

It reminds me of being a homeless kid again. It reminds me that while everything is A-Ok for me because im NOT worried about how to get my next meal, Millions in fact ARE.

The bottom line is the grandmothers of many people whom i don't know may die. Grandmothers of many i dont know die everyday and life still has to go on.

Families are suffering right NOW and most of you don't know who they are and quite frankly won't know, and won't really care if their children won't eat worth a shit today.

Those people have to look out for themselves. Strangers halfway across the country sure as fuck aint gonna do it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:13 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would help anyone that needs it.

accept Sauto. Cause fuck that guy. Wont' get his cell phone fixed.
except.

and i finally found my new one on the same day the wife broke hers.

her new one will be here in a day or 2 and i'm back bitches
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:13 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I actually agree with him, it feels like you are saying, I should not be inconvenienced by anything in life and if so that is a violation of my rights, so for me to be happy others must be inconvenienced instead.

I never really thought inconvenience and rights equated to each other personally.
But you can inconvenience others so that you are not inconvenienced? I'm arguing that OLD PEOPLE should shelter in place. He (DeFace) said his grandparent wouldnt be able to get food (This is a bullshit argument and honestly a weak one)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:15 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Whomever the ****'s fears.

Its time to open up and for life to get started again.

Honestly, life has been BETTER for me with this Covid shit. I haven't suffered one bit and business is good. And for the most part i avoid the news and all the doom and gloom and panic.

But as i drove through downtown this morning i saw a line going around the block for a local food bank.

It reminds me of being a homeless kid again. It reminds me that while everything is A-Ok for me because im NOT worried about how to get my next meal, Millions in fact ARE.

The bottom line is the grandmothers of many people whom i don't know may die. Grandmothers of many i dont know die everyday and life still has to go on.

Families are suffering right NOW and most of you don't know who they are and quite frankly won't know, and won't really care if their children won't eat worth a shit today.

Those people have to look out for themselves. Strangers halfway across the country sure as **** aint gonna do it.
This
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:16 AM 05-04-2020
Yeah I will help you grand parents out because it seems like it to much for you to get up and do.
lol ok princess. they've all passed away years ago.

i've been taking food to my older customers for weeks. i'm good.
[Reply]
Page 1823 of 3903
« First < 823132317231773181318191820182118221823 182418251826182718331873192323232823 > Last »
Up