ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 3903
« First < 82132172178179180181182 1831841851861922322826821182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jjjayb 03:34 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That's the theory. The outbreak in China has been linked to the Wuhan Seafood Market:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huanan...olesale_Market

Lot's of yummy bushmeat sold there...

They do think that it was either direct eating of a bat, or zoonotic transmission from a bat-infected civet or pangolin.
And Wuhan just happens to be the location of a level 4 biolab. Just a coincidence though I've read. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:36 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
There's no way. It has to go to a lab as far as I know...but still, it lowers transmission risk.
Both China and South Korea used it. It keeps people from over whelming the existing health care system. Reassures a nervous public. Let’s the professionals know where the highest concentration of cases are located to help contain the virus.
[Reply]
booger 03:39 PM 03-12-2020
Have you ever tried to bone while very sick? Things don't pop up like they should. I had a GF in college that wanted it so bad that she hopped on for a ride while I had a 102 fever from the flu. She didn't care. :-) I don't recall if she ended up sick or not.
I bet she sprayed Lysol on your wiener first
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:39 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Both China and South Korea used it. It keeps people from over whelming the existing health care system. Reassures a nervous public. Let’s the professionals know where the highest concentration of cases are located to help contain the virus.
Speaking of that, why hasn't there been any effort to set up remote treatment centers specifically for COVID cases as to not overload the rest of the health care system?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:39 PM 03-12-2020
Colorado is setting it up in select locations
its really stupid to not even consider drive through swab tests.
[Reply]
loochy 03:40 PM 03-12-2020

I meant "regarding immediate results". It's not like a flu or strep test they can run in a few minutes.

I don't disagree with setting up lots of mobile test places.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:40 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Speaking of that, why hasn't there been any effort to set up remote treatment centers specifically for COVID cases as to not overload the rest of the health care system?
leadership. This the kind of thing where government can make a difference. They just need to activate the emergency protocols.
[Reply]
O.city 03:41 PM 03-12-2020
Like, build new hospitals?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:43 PM 03-12-2020
I meant "regarding immediate results". It's not like a flu or strep test they can run in a few minutes.

I don't disagree with setting up lots of mobile test places.
they would still have to go to labs.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:43 PM 03-12-2020
From what I've read - most of the critical people need respirators, which is the biggest bottleneck. Setting up new beds ICU in a tent or whatever isn't that hard.

If you get this in the US you may be a lot better off getting it now vs. in a month from now.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:44 PM 03-12-2020
they would still have to go to labs.
S. Korea can test in a half hour.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:45 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
they have a plan to set up field hospitals. Use hotel rooms, high school gyms etc. for the overflow. They have huge generators and O2 generating machines in reserve. Or at least they did when I served on the emergency board in KC.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:48 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
They still would have to be manned. JFC, if anyone should know this, it's you
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:49 PM 03-12-2020
leadership. This the kind of thing where government can make a difference. They just need to activate the emergency protocols.
So who runs these new remote testing locations? Are medical professionals just sitting around on their asses with nothing to do right now? It seems like it would require more manpower to just add testing stations, not just to administer the tests but to build the damn testing stations.

I really don't see how the "government can make a difference" here. "Just activate the emergency protocols?" Yeah, I'm not buying it.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:49 PM 03-12-2020
My big problem is the more people tell me to not touch my face but more I want to, it's the whole penis thing all over again.
[Reply]
Page 182 of 3903
« First < 82132172178179180181182 1831841851861922322826821182 > Last »
Up