ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1817 of 3903
« First < 817131717171767180718131814181518161817 181818191820182118271867191723172817 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:14 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's a big difference in saying that we can't have mass gatherings until there's a vaccine vs. saying that we're keeping all lockdown measures in place.
Saying "mass gatherings" can't take place until there is a vaccine... and again an effective/scalable vaccine may be YEARS away or may never happen... permanently eliminates large scale sporting events with fans, graduation ceremonies, movie theaters, concerts, Broadway shows... just to name a few.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:14 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
How much of this is due to increased testing?
no idea.

it's kinda irrelevant. there is a percentage that is going to die. thats going to make us have many more deaths (which is the point in our conversation, right?)
[Reply]
Monticore 10:14 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
At what point do we know enough?
Not up to me or you to make that call I would assume.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:15 AM 05-04-2020
To be clear, France has said they’ve found it from December. The Chinese article even referenced the interview the doctor gave to the local media in France. This is huge news if true.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ron-latest/amp

Originally Posted by :
Speaking to BFM TV, the French physician said: "We’ve reanalysed all negative tests on people who were diagnosed with pneumonia.

"Of the 24 patients, we found one who resulted positive to COVID-19 on December 27 when he was taken to our Avicenne Hospital."

Asked again to confirm whether the samples matched results to the coronavirus tests, Prof Cohen once again confirmed his diagnosis.

He continued: "Yes, it matched. We’ve controlled twice and it matched again, so we have COVID-19 in December."

[Reply]
SAUTO 10:15 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Like I said it is happening. You said it wasn't. Shitty banks or not, it is happening.
actually what i said was no bank that has offered (and i havent taken them up) has said that.

THEN i looked up several banks and none of them were that way...
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:15 AM 05-04-2020
For those of you making the "economic damage is worse than the deaths" argument, out of curiosity is it due to the fact that this mostly impacts old people? In other words, if this were primarily killing kids (in identical numbers), would that change your view? Or is it all the same?

(Not judging - just trying to wrap my mind around where the argument really lies.)
It's obviously not the same, it sounds crude but the fact it mainly impacts older people is important to factor in.

But I think no matter who it's impacting when its trending at somewhere around killing .03% of the population you have to start doing math to figure out which is worse. Especially when that number drops to arounds .02% outside of NYC
[Reply]
kgrund 10:17 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Freezing debt needs to be clarified. Places like banks are "freezing" or as they say deferring payments for 3 months but they are not adding 3 months to the end of your loan. They are expecting 4 months worth of payments come month 4.
No that is not how loan deferments work. They will push back your next due date by three months. You will not be required to pay the three months of scheduled payments skipped only the interest that accrued over the period. They are effectively adding three months to the term of your loan.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:18 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
No that is not how loan deferments work. They will push back your next due date by three months. You will not be required to pay the three months of scheduled payments skipped only the interest that accrued over the period. They are effectively adding three months to the term of your loan.
I literally just posted a CNBC article stating that is not always the case. But whatever.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:19 AM 05-04-2020
For those of you making the "economic damage is worse than the deaths" argument, out of curiosity is it due to the fact that this mostly impacts old people? In other words, if this were primarily killing kids (in identical numbers), would that change your view? Or is it all the same?

(Not judging - just trying to wrap my mind around where the argument really lies.)
100% Old people should be sheltered in place. But people don't seem to want to admit people take Risks every day in their job. And some people are willing to take the RISK of getting it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:20 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
100% Old people should be sheltered in place. But people don't seem to want to admit people take Risks every day in their job. And some people are willing to take the RISK of getting it.
I've actually been a bit surprised at how many older people I see out and about at stores etc...
[Reply]
Monticore 10:21 AM 05-04-2020
What is your cutoff for old people, 50? 60? 70?
[Reply]
stevieray 10:21 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
whats the point of this post?

i totally dont understand it.
People get this and survive.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:22 AM 05-04-2020
Sure, but that's not really how it works. My grandfather has significant COPD (he's 89), and my grandma still has to go to the store to get groceries for them even though he's staying home. She wears a mask and gloves, but it's not an N95 or anything.

He's had a good life, so if your view is that old people are less deserving of protection than kids, I can get that in a very harsh way. But there's no question that he'd be at a huge risk if this thing were just allowed to spread even though he never leaves his house.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:23 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
People get this and survive.
thats not anything everyone doesnt already know.

and really had nothing to do with lew's post
[Reply]
Redbled 10:23 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
no bank that offered deferred payments have said that. i havent taken them up on it but they all told me it would be added to the end of the note.
I was told by my bank that it was up to the investor who held the note. Could be at the end could be asked for in 3 months. Seemed super weird.
[Reply]
Page 1817 of 3903
« First < 817131717171767180718131814181518161817 181818191820182118271867191723172817 > Last »
Up