ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 181 of 445
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191231281 > Last »
Hall of Classics>*****Official Chiefsplanet "I have a random thought" Thread*****
Mr. Flopnuts 03:16 PM 04-23-2009
Just in case you have some random thought and feel like starting a thread over it, you can just bump this one.
JOhn 09:33 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
:-)
It's sad that it's true.........

I used to believe in the justice system, then had my own first serious run in with the courts, that has now become about nothing more than a case about $$, not the crime ....:-)

It really makes me doubt a lot of what I have always thought to be true. I know there are good cops/judges ect, but by far they are in the minority or eventually fall victim to the system just like the people caught up in it for "crimes"
Mr. Flopnuts 09:49 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by JOhn:

I used to believe in the justice system, then had my own first serious run in with the courts, that has now become about nothing more than a case about $$, not the crime ....:-)

It really makes me doubt a lot of what I have always thought to be true. I know there are good cops/judges ect, but by far they are in the minority or eventually fall victim to the system just like the people caught up in it for "crimes"
Yeah, it's sad, but it's true. Life is not equal, therefore justice isn't either. If you have money, you can buy your way out of most things. If not, you'll never make any money because that criminal background will prevent you from ever getting a decent job.

Our capitalistic society is structured in a sophisticated way to disguise what it really is. The Indian caste system that's been going on for centuries. Sure, you can escape the caste you're born into, unlike the Indian caste system, but it's incredibly difficult and nowhere near "equal".

The land of 2nd chances is one of those cliche sayings people use and it's just a big joke.
luv 10:02 PM 06-16-2010
I know this is nothing new, but it just pisses me off to no end.

But I wanna puke every time I hear that justice is blind, or Justice for all.

Bullshit, for all that can pay. It's all about the money and has nothing to do about punishment/rehabilitation or anything else but $$$$
One of the first things I got told in my legal classes is....

"One of the first things you'll learn when you're out in the field is that justice is not always fair."
Hammock Parties 10:05 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by luv:

"One of the first things you'll learn when you're out in the field is that justice is not always fair."
OH SO NOW YER AN EXPERT HUHUHH LOLOLOL
Mr. Flopnuts 10:09 PM 06-16-2010

:-) Let's take a look at the definition of the word justice. "The quality of being just or fair."

But by all means, justice isn't always fair. We're such an idiotic species.
luv 10:11 PM 06-16-2010
:-) Let's take a look at the definition of the word justice. "The quality of being just or fair."

But by all means, justice isn't always fair. We're such an idiotic species.
Yep. It's gotten to a point of lawyers caring more about winning their cases than finding the truth.
Mr. Flopnuts 10:12 PM 06-16-2010
Yep. It's gotten to a point of lawyers caring more about winning their cases than finding the truth.
Which is because they want more money. So justice really is about money. It's disgusting to me, but say la vee.
JOhn 10:41 PM 06-16-2010
Which is because they want more money. So justice really is about money. It's disgusting to me, but say la vee.
Whats Ironic about my situation is that it's supposed to be designed to specifically take the "money or Status" a person has out of the equation...:-)

But yea as you said it is hard once you get branded a certain way. Luckily, at least in my case, my employer based his hiring and promotions on me, not what some BS cop/court said.
JOhn 10:45 PM 06-16-2010
Yeah, it's sad, but it's true. Life is not equal, therefore justice isn't either. If you have money, you can buy your way out of most things. ............................................................................................

The land of 2nd chances is one of those cliche sayings people use and it's just a big joke.
:-):-)
BIG K 10:55 PM 06-16-2010

Not all of us cops get caught up in that. But, I do understand what your saying. In my twelve years as a Sheriff, I had to do two stints as a bailiff. I was shocked by the fact that Johnny Methhead was given chance after chance, and all the resources availible to him to rehabilitate his problem, while it seemed that honest, good hearted americans who worked hard, were punished severely for making a mistake.

It left me bewildered at our system....
JOhn 11:04 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by BIG K:
Not all of us cops get caught up in that. But, I do understand what your saying. In my twelve years as a Sheriff, I had to do two stints as a bailiff. I was shocked by the fact that Johnny Methhead was given chance after chance, and all the resources availible to him to rehabilitate his problem, while it seemed that honest, good hearted americans who worked hard, were punished severely for making a mistake.

It left me bewildered at our system....
Don't take me wrong, there are great cops/judges/lawyers out there ( yea even lawyers..LOL).
I worked as a Paramedic for 13+ years, and 10+ as a Sheriffs Dispatcher also, and got to work with a lot of great officers, but unfortunately way to many that were very judgmental for no reason at all.

But yea I 100% agree with the last part of your statement is so very true. This is exactly what happened in my case. I was 41 years old, NEVER had anything but a traffic violation, and got royally screwed. I've seen literlaly dozens of others with extensive records get convicted of the same crime as I did and get a slap. But because they were younger or had more money or the right family name or even the right "wrong background", they get away with it
luv 11:09 PM 06-16-2010
Don't take me wrong, there are great cops/judges/lawyers out there ( yea even lawyers..LOL).
I worked as a Paramedic for 13+ years, and 10+ as a Sheriffs Dispatcher also, and got to work with a lot of great officers, but unfortunately way to many that were very judgmental for no reason at all.

But yea I 100% agree with the last part of your statement is so very true. This is exactly what happened in my case. I was 41 years old, NEVER had anything but a traffic violation, and got royally screwed. I've seen literlaly dozens of others with extensive records get convicted of the same crime as I did and get a slap. But because they were younger or had more money or the right family name or even the right "wrong background", they get away with it
You're posting from prison?
JOhn 11:13 PM 06-16-2010
You're posting from prison?
uhhhh no. :-)

And no never been to prison, though the prosecutor wanted me to go. I did get a 3-5 year sentence, with credit for 4 1/2 months served in the county jail & the rest suspended for 5 years probation.
MoreLemonPledge 11:15 PM 06-16-2010
I just tried masturbating with a frog. Now my junk is purple and oozing. Any suggestions?
JOhn 11:18 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge:
I just tried masturbating with a frog. Now my junk is purple and oozing. Any suggestions?
Lighter fluid:-)
Page 181 of 445
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191231281 > Last »
Up