ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 180 of 663
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190230280 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
In58men 01:28 AM 12-30-2012
Cain will smash Overeem lmao.

Not even close IMO
[Reply]
Shogun 01:37 AM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
good rebuttal. u must know alot about mma
Your reply doesn't even garner a response. It shows you don't even understand what you are watching. Lets dissect your post. So you want to sit here and say that comparing the Middleweight fights with Shogun/Overeem to the Heavyweight Overeem is the same thing? Fights that happened over 6-8 years ago? Lets just set that aside here and look at the fact that Overeem is the best Striker in the UFC at the moment. His kickboxing credentials speak for themselves. You honestly believe that if Cain got Overeem to the ground he would know what to do once he got there? Sorry, but Cain isn't holding him down there. Reem is an ADCC champ and he could work himself out of that situation. He also is not getting pounded out by Pillow fisted Cain Velasquez. Overeem is one of the most marketable fighters out there right now because of his unique background and sheer size. Overeem is a better striker than JDS and Cain. JDS was a better striker than Cain was as well. Overeem is just better bud, sorry.
[Reply]
Shogun 01:40 AM 12-30-2012
Also please show me where Overeem has tested positive for steroids.
[Reply]
In58men 01:52 AM 12-30-2012

herp derp
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:51 AM 12-30-2012

wow, he looks tore up.
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:53 AM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by Shogun:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...a_white_040412

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/i...uld-be-the-end
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:53 AM 12-30-2012
You should just quit while you're way, way, waaaaaaaay behind.
[Reply]
Gary 09:41 AM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:

wow, he looks tore up.
Yeah, JDS definitely looks like he was the better striker.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10:05 AM 12-30-2012
Look at the UFC loser trying to play semantics. You were spewing all the same shit about Rua, you slob
[Reply]
Sorter 12:29 PM 12-30-2012
Haven't watched the fights yet but I never thought JDS would be beaten down as bad as the pBp made it sound.

As for the Ubereem/Cain or JDS matchup, it is interesting on several accounts, especially the striking. Overeem did well in k1 because he covers up well and uses the larger gloves as defense. He gets tagged quite a bit more with the smaller gloves. Something to consider. Gonna be great fights though when they happen.
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 12:40 PM 12-30-2012
Your reply doesn't even garner a response. It shows you don't even understand what you are watching. Lets dissect your post. So you want to sit here and say that comparing the Middleweight fights with Shogun/Overeem to the Heavyweight Overeem is the same thing? Fights that happened over 6-8 years ago? Lets just set that aside here and look at the fact that Overeem is the best Striker in the UFC at the moment. His kickboxing credentials speak for themselves. You honestly believe that if Cain got Overeem to the ground he would know what to do once he got there? Sorry, but Cain isn't holding him down there. Reem is an ADCC champ and he could work himself out of that situation. He also is not getting pounded out by Pillow fisted Cain Velasquez. Overeem is one of the most marketable fighters out there right now because of his unique background and sheer size. Overeem is a better striker than JDS and Cain. JDS was a better striker than Cain was as well. Overeem is just better bud, sorry.
I will say that overeem has a punchers chance he has some of the best kickboxing in the world in any weight division in the ufc. adcc champ? lol whatchu smoking. boxing and wrestling are what wins in the ufc for the most part. bjj helps but its a whole different ballpark when u can punch someone. I dont see damian maia, palharas, dean lister winning ufc titles. bj penn is the only one and hes a little bitch at that. cain would play the same gameplan against overeem as he just did against jds. wrestle ride him & ground and pound out a victory. like I said before, only way overeem wins is if he knocks him out in the first 2 minutes
[Reply]
Shogun 12:48 PM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...a_white_040412

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/i...uld-be-the-end
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
You should just quit while you're way, way, waaaaaaaay behind.
He tested positive for testosterone. In which he was cleared by a doctor as it was from a medication. Do some more research on the subject before you speak on it.
[Reply]
Shogun 12:52 PM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
I will say that overeem has a punchers chance he has some of the best kickboxing in the world in any weight division in the ufc. adcc champ? lol whatchu smoking. boxing and wrestling are what wins in the ufc for the most part. bjj helps but its a whole different ballpark when u can punch someone. I dont see damian maia, palharas, dean lister winning ufc titles. bj penn is the only one and hes a little bitch at that. cain would play the same gameplan against overeem as he just did against jds. wrestle ride him & ground and pound out a victory. like I said before, only way overeem wins is if he knocks him out in the first 2 minutes
Yeah because being able to know how to use sweeps and sub defense is completely useless. Tell that to Comprido. Overeem has an excellent guillotine.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:55 PM 12-30-2012
He tested positive for testosterone. In which he was cleared by a doctor as it was from a medication. Do some more research on the subject before you speak on it.
Testosterone is a steroid that acts as a hormone, dipshit. Go ahead and believe what you want to believe. 14-to-1
[Reply]
Shogun 12:56 PM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides.:
Testosterone is a steroid that acts as a hormone, dipshit. Go ahead and believe what you want to believe. 14-to-1
:-) and if he was not cleared he would not be fighting. Go ahead and keep making shit up to be biased toward your point. Neither Cain nor JDS has faced a striker as good as Overeem. Maybe Crocop and Nogeuria but they were way past their primes and punching bags by that point.
[Reply]
Page 180 of 663
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190230280 > Last »
Up