ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 74
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:06 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
No that's true. If there are no more stimulus plans there's going to be a lot of people hurting.

It's just the reality of the situation. Because there's no doubt opening things up will help some people, but there are a lot of people who will still be left out to dry. Businesses are going to have restrictions on people in stores or restaurants, combined with the fact that a lot of people will just want to order everything from home and not risk it... I just find it extremely hard to believe that all businesses will be doing the same amount of business that sustained them before. Everyone will have to go work for the toilet paper factory.
There are already some things out there of restaurants saying they aren't opening because running at 25-50% will cost them more than it makes.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:07 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
lmao Let me guess DeFace and Mecca still have income coming in. Why would they have a problem with it?
Stupid post.

People losing money hand over fist are ok with it too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:09 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Stupid post.

Consider the source
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:10 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Last I saw, their death rate was pretty terrible.

The UK didn't really take it seriously, from what I've read, so I fail to see the comparison.

Donger point on the chart which ones took it seriously
[Reply]
staylor26 03:10 PM 05-11-2020
Stupid post.

Yea but how many of those people are living paycheck to paycheck with no income now?

It’s easy to say you are ok with it when you have a nice little cushion (I do myself).
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:10 PM 05-11-2020
Stupid post.

There's a big difference between losing money and having no money at all.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:10 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What am I reading into?

You’ve made it VERY clear that you think it’s as simple as us being more willing to see people die.

I don’t necessarily need to “read into” anything to come to the conclusion that you think this is black and white when it’s not.
Well, if you really care, I think that reasonable relaxations of restrictions are necessary, though I don't think anywhere in the U.S. has hit the level we should have to do so yet. The whole idea of all of this is that, if you can keep the restrictions in place to the point that we'll see sustained declines in cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, you can loosen up the restrictions without as much of an impact. My biggest concern of all of this is that 1) we didn't take the restrictions seriously enough to drive R0 down to the level necessary and 2) we aren't leaving them in place long enough to minimize the level of impact we'll see moving forward.

From the evidence I've read, we should be able to open most retail stores with the steps that grocery stores have taken already (limited capacity, one-way aisles, mask requirements when you can do it without your staff being threatened, dividers between cashiers and customers, etc.). Restaurants should largely stay with takeout and delivery, though I'm intrigued by outdoor seating as a compromise. Manufacturing should largely be able to run as usual - again with restrictions on distancing and masks.

What I don't think is that we need to be rushing to play football games in the fall. Which is what this thread is about.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:11 PM 05-11-2020

The ones that are cut off at the bottom?
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:11 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
There's a big difference between losing money and having no money at all.
A lot of those people are used to getting by.
[Reply]
Donger 03:12 PM 05-11-2020

That chart doesn't show who took it seriously/mitigated. Go ahead and put up Norway and Finland.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:14 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
What I don't think is that we need to be rushing to play football games in the fall. Which is what this thread is about.
First it’s no fans, then it’s no football, which is it?

I’m willing to meet halfway on this just like I am in the bigger picture, but this shit isn’t bad enough to justify fucking all of those people out of a job.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:14 PM 05-11-2020
Detox don't waste your time these guys are idiots... "Fuck those poor people, they can live on the street as long a papi and gram gram are safe"
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:15 PM 05-11-2020
Yea but how many of those people are living paycheck to paycheck with no income now?

It’s easy to say you are ok with it when you have a nice little cushion (I do myself).
As i keep saying, my life is easier right now. Honestly, if we stayed like this through the rest of the year i'd have no issues personally. Myself, wife and child are A-Ok.

The owner of the shop, i know he's loving it. I barely see the guy anymore. Pretty sure he's out riding quads in the desert right now.

But man, i use to be homeless. For years. I know what my sister is currently going through and i know what Millions of Americans are currently going through....it fucking sucks major ass. You can't sleep. You're hungry. Your future is uncertain. You can't focus on things like "online learning" etc. This is a life changing event for those people. So it's hard for me to not wanna fight for their well being, regardless of how much easier my life has become.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:15 PM 05-11-2020
Huh? Are you suggesting that those people that are already broke or living paycheck to paycheck will be fine because they’re used to it?
[Reply]
DaFace 03:15 PM 05-11-2020
First it’s no fans, then it’s no football, which is it?

I’m willing to meet halfway on this just like I am in the bigger picture, but this shit isn’t bad enough to justify fucking all of those people out of a job.
Definitely no fans. I'm highly skeptical they can do it with the teams safely either, but it depends on what progress we make toward truly reducing the spread before the fall. Right now, it doesn't look promising.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 74
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up