ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 23
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL Walterfootball.com Mock Draft Thread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 10-14-2016
www.walterfootball.com

I'll try and update this periodically throughout the season.

17. Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri

The Chiefs currently aren't getting any pressure on the quarterback. That's obviously because Justin Houston is out, but Dee Ford, starting in his place, has done nothing. Tamba Hali doesn't have much longer remaining as a pro, so the Chiefs will need to find a suitable replacement for him.

49. Anthony Walker, ILB, Northwestern

The Chiefs could spend a second-day selection on an inside linebacker, given that Derrick Johnson is nearing retirement.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:55 AM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Matt Miller's updated 2-round mock...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ce=twitter.com
I like Douglas, and hope we draft him. But not in the second, I was thinking 4th if he's there. Maybe the 3rd wouldn't be so bad. Either way I'd like to see him opposite Peters.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:41 AM 04-15-2017
We always talk about getting a QB on a cheap rookie deal and the cost savings, but some here are ignoring the same things with other positions with escalating salaries.

Good corners get 15m per
Pass rushers get 15-20m per
QBs get 17-25m

This is the draft to get those positions locked up on cheap rookie deals and advantageously this draft is loaded in 2/3 of those spots.

Especially with big money extensions needing to be put in place with multiple players in the next 3 seasons.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:43 AM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Walterfootball.com has their Reader Mock Draft every year and it's going on right now. The Texans are on the clock and it's looking like Mahomes is going to be voted as their pick. Considering the Seahawks are the next team on the clock....it's looking like our choice will come down to Kizer or Watson for the QB position. If you want to go vote when we're on the clock.....feel free to. I believe he opens it up for 24 hours.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2017reader_1.php

Or go pump up the votes for Watson. He's about 20 behind Mahomes right now.
Idiots there... Let's get a ILB in the first that can sit behind DJ for a couple years. Wtf Is that stupidity?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:46 AM 04-17-2017
Have no clue who RJ White is but he did a 3-round mock with trades... He has KC passing up on a lot of really good players in the second round...
Originally Posted by :
27. Kansas City Chiefs

Top needs: CB, ILB, G, WR

Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt: The Chiefs could be a team that trades out of the first round for someone looking to move up from the early second, but Cunningham is too good to pass up at this spot. NFLDraftScout.com senior analyst Rob Rang compared the Vandy linebacker to Derrick Johnson, so it's only fitting that he would head to Kansas City to become Johnson's heir apparent. He's a tackling machine who would be able to start from Day 1 on a team with Super Bowl hopes.

50. Kansas City Chiefs (from Tampa Bay): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

The Chiefs have a lot of picks from which to deal, so they send the No. 104 pick to move up nine spots for Tankersley, one of several second-tier corners in this draft with starting potential.

85. Kansas City Chiefs (from Detroit): Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn

The Chiefs moved up in the second round, but they have plenty of picks to do so again, sending Nos. 170 and 218 to jump five spots for Lawson, a talented pass rusher who has dealt with injury issues.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/20...-quarterbacks/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
Idiots there... Let's get a ILB in the first that can sit behind DJ for a couple years. Wtf Is that stupidity?
If you put the over/under on number of games Derrick Johnson starts for the Chiefs again at 5, I'd take the under.

DJ's time is effectively over.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:35 AM 04-18-2017
Chris Collinsworth's mock...

Originally Posted by :
27. Kansas City Chiefs

Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State

Gareon Conley, the “other cornerback” from Ohio State, is too good to pass up at No. 27. The Chiefs will also need to look for a replacement for Derrick Johnson at linebacker, but with Marcus Peters on one side, Conley on the other, and safety Eric Berry in middle, this secondary starts to look like it’s on a level with Denver’s unit. Conley isn’t flashy, but does such a great job getting his head around and finding the ball — he may end up with a lot of interceptions. He isn’t quite as quick-twitch as some of the others, but he is a steal here.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Allowed a passer rating of only 13.6 on passes into his coverage in 2016, the best mark in the nation.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...m_campaign=nfl
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:52 PM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I'd actually be pretty happy with Watson. It was pretty interesting to hear Gruden go through Watson's interceptions with him on Gruden's football camp. Showed him, and told him, how he could have easily cleaned up 6 or 7 of them. It was really interesting. If you don't want to watch it, communication between Watson and his O-line and Watson and his receivers was the key to most of the interceptions.

In fact, Gruden said once Watson and his professional teammates could communicate on the same page (getting the play and the audible play called and remembering it), he has all the tools to make be successful. BTW, Watson majored in communication in college. Completed his degree in 3 years.

Watson is my #1 guy right now.
30 picks in last 2 years. YIKES!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:30 PM 04-18-2017
Motherfuck Collinsdouche.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:20 PM 04-18-2017
Lance Zierlein's most recent mock

Originally Posted by :

Patrick Mahomes - QB, Texas Tech

Many observers agree Mahomes is a perfect fit for Andy Reid and as Alex Smith's future replacement.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...030-sf71381030
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:14 AM 04-19-2017
Unless it's Foster I don't want a ILB in the first round. You can get a lot of good ones in the middle rounds in this draft.
[Reply]
O.city 09:05 AM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Unless it's Foster I don't want a ILB in the first round. You can get a lot of good ones in the middle rounds in this draft.
It's tough to get a 3 down lber later though
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:09 AM 04-19-2017
Kiper's latest 3-round mock...

Originally Posted by :

Spoiler!

Kansas City Chiefs

Round 1 (27): Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt

Round 2 (59): Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State

Round 3 (91): Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee

Round 3 (104): DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

The Chiefs are another team that could take a quarterback in Rounds 1 or 2, but I would put other needs higher. Derrick Johnson can't man the middle of the Kansas City defense forever, and he's recovering from an Achilles injury suffered in December. Cunningham, a tackling machine with sideline-to-sideline range, could be his successor. I also think the Chiefs need help at receiver and running back. Godwin flashed No. 1 receiver ability at times for the Nittany Lions, and his 4.42 40 at his size showed his athleticism. Kamara was a part-time back in college and probably won't be a three-down back in the NFL, but he has some explosion. I thought Kizer, my No. 6-ranked quarterback, should have stayed in school for another year. He isn't ready to play, and he'll have to sit behind a veteran and develop. Alex Smith's contract is up in 2018, which gives Kizer two years to absorb Andy Reid's offense.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/c...atest_3_round/
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:17 AM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Kiper's latest 3-round mock...

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/c...atest_3_round/
I highly doubt Kamara or Kizer last until the 3rd
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:19 AM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I highly doubt Kamara or Kizer last until the 3rd
Yeah, Kiper said that this was what he would do, not what he thinks other teams are going to do. I probably should've mentioned that when I posted it.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:32 AM 04-19-2017
No way it would happen, but what a haul that would be. Total "needs" draft by Kiper here.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 23
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up