ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
Sorce 04:07 PM 12-29-2019
Tyreek caught him again on the long run.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:39 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
He’s a legit back. I’ve thought this since day one. The rest of our backs are JAGs.
He's a legit rotational back. He obviously has trouble staying healthy and bringing what he did today week in and week out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:47 PM 12-29-2019
4.49 YPC

ELITE!!! :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:53 PM 12-29-2019
Take out the 84-yard TD run, and Damien ran for an average of about 3.66 yards/carry today. Which is statistically below league average.

However, that's more than twice his average from earlier in the year, and he's run better and more consistently overall the last couple-three weeks. Wiz being in there at guard probably has made a difference as well.

I hope he continues to run hard through the playoffs; we'er going to need it.

Not going to surprised if the Chiefs draft a RB in the 3rd-round though.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 06:04 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Take out the 84-yard TD run, and Damien ran for an average of about 3.66 yards/carry today. Which is statistically below league average.
For fuck's sake, I hate it when people do this. We've been through this before. Why would you take out the 84-yard run? THE 84-YARD RUN HAPPENED. It was real. It was not a figment of our imaginations. The man ran 84 fucking yards with the football, and nobody tackled him, cause he's a fucking badass.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:09 PM 12-29-2019
Stats are shit. He ran hard and passed the eye test.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:11 PM 12-29-2019
trade mahomes for derrick henry

if running the ball is so important...why not?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:18 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
For ****'s sake, I hate it when people do this. We've been through this before. Why would you take out the 84-yard run? THE 84-YARD RUN HAPPENED. It was real. It was not a figment of our imaginations. The man ran 84 ****ing yards with the football, and nobody tackled him, cause he's a ****ing badass.
As I've said before, when analyzing statistical data you always remove the highest and lowest scores to get as accurate a read on the information as possible.

It's SOP.

But anyone can look at the numbers (12 rushes, 124 yards, 10.3 yards/carry) vs. the visual evidence and see quite clearly that Damien did not in fact run 10 yards every time he carried the ball. That's self-evident.

The reality is, if you watched Damien run today, that he actually ran for about 4 yards or less for most of his carries.

And lo and behold, if you remove his best and worst runs, his average is about 3.7 yards/carry.

Fancy that.

Maybe you should learn how to analyze/interpret statistical data.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 06:24 PM 12-29-2019
As I've said before, when analyzing statistical data you always remove the highest and lowest scores to get as accurate a read on the information as possible.

It's SOP.

But anyone can look at the numbers (12 rushes, 124 yards, 10.3 yards/carry) vs. the visual evidence and see quite clearly that Damien did not in fact run 10 yards every time he carried the ball. That's self-evident.

The reality is, if you watched Damien run today, that he actually ran for about 4 yards or less for most of his carries.

And lo and behold, if you remove his best and worst runs, his average is about 3.7 yards/carry.

Fancy that.

Maybe you should learn how to analyze/interpret statistical data.
I understand statistical data; thanks. Did I - or anyone else - say that he ran for 10 yards every time he carried the ball? I think most of us understand basic stats.

Mahomes had a down game today, and Williams put the offense on his back and sealed this game with two amazing touchdown runs. Stop shitting all over him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:33 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
I understand statistical data; thanks. Did I - or anyone else - say that he ran for 10 yards every time he carried the ball? I think most of us understand basic stats.

Mahomes had a down game today, and Williams put the offense on his back and sealed this game with two amazing touchdown runs. Stop shitting all over him.
I doubt your ability to understand statistical data and how to interpret results properly.

However . . .

Re-read my post; at no time did I say he had a bad game or that he didn't run well. In fact, if you could read, you'd see that I said he had a good game and that he ran well today.

What I did say was that he didn't in fact run for 10+ yards/carry. He didn't run anywhere close to that. And I didn't say that anyone thought he did run for 10 yards/carry, did I?

The fact is, I merely interpreted Damien's stats exactly how they should be analyzed so that they make sense in reality, period.

And again, IMO, he ran well today, in particular, at critical moments he gained key first downs down the stretch through traffic and while breaking tackles. Which may be more important than the raw stats anyway.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06:37 PM 12-29-2019
Take away Mahomes 16 completions and 174 yards and he threw for 0 yards and 1 INT!!!!
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 06:38 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Take away Mahomes 16 completions and 174 yards and he threw for 0 yards and 1 INT!!!!
That is below league average.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:50 PM 12-29-2019

However, that's more than twice his average from earlier in the year, and he's run better and more consistently overall the last couple-three weeks. Wiz being in there at guard probably has made a difference as well.

I hope he continues to run hard through the playoffs; we'er going to need it.

Not going to surprised if the Chiefs draft a RB in the 3rd-round though.
Hey I’m still on the fence about the guy myself, but you just cant “take out” the 84 yarder... he did what he did, on two yuge plays

Bring in a third rounder and let them battle it out
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:53 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Hey I’m still on the fence about the guy myself, but you just cant “take out” the 84 yarder... he did what he did, on two yuge plays

Bring in a third rounder and let them battle it out
SOP is to eliminate the largest outliers. It's called "math."
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:06 PM 12-29-2019
He will be fine back to have next year. Him, Thompson and a draft pick.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Up