ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark goes off!!
Dante84 09:38 PM 01-19-2020
Love this dude so much

Frank Clark. Enjoy. Trust me.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/E3AFuZDX3L

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 20, 2020

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:54 AM 01-21-2020
I'm pretty sure I want a Frank Clark jersey.

Can we please start calling him Bad Frank?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:14 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by dtforever:
This is not a post to take any side in your argument with BWillie, but I'm not sure this assessment is entirely accurate. They had a scoop and score on a fumble by D-Will, blocked a FG, and we botched a snap on another FG, settled for FG 4 other times, and missed an extra point as the icing. The Chiefs gave that game away. The 68 yard TD run by Henry was huge, but the winning TD was a pass from Tannehill. You left all this other stuff out. Why?
Because BWillie says that the passing game is so much more important than the running game.

It's not. They have to work together. If we could've got 2 yards on a second or third down late, we would've iced the game, and none of what you listed above would've mattered.

Not that any of it matters now, because the Titans loss ultimately brought us Suggs and allowed the playoff seeding that brought us homefield advantage.
[Reply]
wachashi 08:23 AM 01-21-2020
Clark has brought swagger to this defense. He's a trash-talking assassin who brings it ever single snap, and we were missing that last year on defense.
[Reply]
dtforever 08:51 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Because BWillie says that the passing game is so much more important than the running game.

It's not. They have to work together. If we could've got 2 yards on a second or third down late, we would've iced the game, and none of what you listed above would've mattered.

Not that any of it matters now, because the Titans loss ultimately brought us Suggs and allowed the playoff seeding that brought us homefield advantage.
That's fair. I find myself very much in-between old-school/new-school, and I'm trying to work it out. My eyes show me that run/run defense is important, but there is a ton of statistical data that shows that passing is much much much more impactful. Fuck it, our all world QB can do both!!! And now he gets to do it in a fucking SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:13 AM 01-21-2020
I TOLD YALL NOT TO BE SCARED
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 01-21-2020
Pass to get ahead, run to finish the game.
[Reply]
R Clark 09:26 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Top active RB in yards per carry. Derrick Henry. He's a future HOF player.

Why be upset about it? He's a great back. And you know what? He doesn't really matter when you have an offense like ours that can come back down double digits without breaking a sweat.

This is something to celebrate. We dominated a team that had it's way running the ball, as they wanted in the first half. And we STILL beat them easily forcing them away from their game plan in the second half.
That’s not going to work on better teams, I am afraid they couldn’t do that against 49ers who have a better defense than titans?I haven’t seen any of 49ers games so all I know is what I hear in the media.
[Reply]
R Clark 09:29 AM 01-21-2020
I don’t think we forced them from running it ,they tried and seen we made changes and was able to stop it?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:34 AM 01-21-2020
Not now. I expect Tenn to resign Henry and ride him until hes 31. It will depend on his usage and lack of injury going forward but I expect him to reel off at least five more 1100+ yard seasons. When you look at his YPC it is among the best ever. Jamaal was at the top of YPC as well but he isnt a bruising force and is more of a finesse back. Henry doesn't have the pass catching component but perhaps that is coming. I believe in Henrys talent. Unfortunately for Tenn riding an elite RB isnt how you win anymore.

I expect Tenn, Baltimore and Houston to repeatedly knock on the door for the Super Bowl but Mahomes and Co making it difficult for them with the Chiefs going to as many or more Super Bowls than all three of those teams combined.
NOPE. Not with as many carries as that guy is racking up. You've maybe got one more year like that.

Smartest thing they could do is tag and trade and get some picks.

You're not riding a RB to the SB, not in a conference with Mahomes.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:32 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
NOPE. Not with as many carries as that guy is racking up. You've maybe got one more year like that.

I'm actually saying that isn't how you win. Henry + Tannehill isn't good enough. They have a chance to make a Super Bowl someday but not compared to Mahomes + Lamar + Deshaun (once they get a real coach).

Henry is the best RB in thr NFL....and I would do exactly as you say. What should that tell us about running? Its not as important as passing. Period.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:32 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:52 AM 01-21-2020
I'm actually saying that isn't how you win. Henry + Tannehill isn't good enough. They have a chance to make a Super Bowl someday but not compared to Mahomes + Lamar + Deshaun (once they get a real coach).

Henry is the best RB in thr NFL....and I would do exactly as you say. What should that tell us about running? Its not as important as passing. Period.
No, dipshit. It doesn't say that at all. You're a ****ing idiot.

Running and passing go hand in hand. It's called "balance". But running the ball efficiently is dependent on the Oline. Period. Our oline kinda sucks at run blocking, so we have to be creative with runs via misdirection and whatnot. But if your Oline is really good at run blocking (like SF) it doesn't ****ing MATTER who your RB is. You can take a practice squad guy who has been on 6 teams and cut and resigned and get 210 yards against a playoff team with him (like SF).

Do you remember when we had Priest Holmes? That line was so ****ing good, it didn't matter if it was Preist, LJ, or Derrick ****ing Blaylock - ANY of those guys could go for 150 and a couple TDs against ANYONE. 8 rushing TDs against Atlant? Against Baltimore on MNF, Ray Lewis "they're double teaming me on every play!" No, Ray-Ray, you just got your ass kicked. LJ looked all world, until the line went to shit in 2007. And then he sucked. And what happened to the Chiefs passing game when they had zero rushing attack? The whole team went to shit.

So RUNNING is important. The RUNNING BACK is not. Put the emphasis on the Oline to open holes and protect the QB. Get any ol' ham and egger to run the ball (Damien Wilson was cut by Miami, LeSean McCoy was cut by Buffalo). Don't give RBs big money contracts (Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott).

Dumbass.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:04 AM 01-21-2020

Running and passing go hand in hand. It's called "balance". But running the ball efficiently is dependent on the Oline. Period. Our oline kinda sucks at run blocking, so we have to be creative with runs via misdirection and whatnot. But if your Oline is really good at run blocking (like SF) it doesn't ****ing MATTER who your RB is. You can take a practice squad guy who has been on 6 teams and cut and resigned and get 210 yards against a playoff team with him (like SF).

Do you remember when we had Priest Holmes? That line was so ****ing good, it didn't matter if it was Preist, LJ, or Derrick ****ing Blaylock - ANY of those guys could go for 150 and a couple TDs against ANYONE. 8 rushing TDs against Atlant? Against Baltimore on MNF, Ray Lewis "they're double teaming me on every play!" No, Ray-Ray, you just got your ass kicked. LJ looked all world, until the line went to shit in 2007. And then he sucked. And what happened to the Chiefs passing game when they had zero rushing attack? The whole team went to shit.

So RUNNING is important. The RUNNING BACK is not. Put the emphasis on the Oline to open holes and protect the QB. Get any ol' ham and egger to run the ball (Damien Wilson was cut by Miami, LeSean McCoy was cut by Buffalo). Don't give RBs big money contracts (Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott).

Dumbass.

Running is very detrimental for redzone offense, between the 20's passing reigns supreme in the modern NFL, but once you get into the redzone pounding the rock for a TD is still the preferred tactic due to risk and shorter field that benefits passing defense.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:27 PM 01-21-2020

Dumbass.
It really cracks me up how upset you get. Then just resort to name calling instead of backing up your opinions. You remind me of Michael Douglas in that movie Falling Down when he loses his shit, it is great. I'm not sure it was supposed to be a comedy, but it's really funny.

Rushing is important. Rushing defense is important. I've never said it isn't. What really cracks me up is you can't understand nuance and simple truths.

Running cannot be less or more important than passing or you are a retard!!! They are completely equal!!! There is no nuance in footbal!! - Rabble

$3 is the same as $2.50 or you are a retard!!! - Rabble, probably.

I bet you'll also tell me Special Teams is as important as defense and offense, too, yeah?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:31 PM 01-21-2020
What would you like to call it? If we extrapolate the 1st half out to a full game it is 124 yards. Tennessee came out and punched us in the mouth. Then it was Mahomes time. Tennessee had effective offense in the first half. It's just that our offense was better. Once we got the lead, they were never comfortable and started going away from the run...as well as our defense stepping up. Our defense DID step up in the second half. I just don't understand why you guys get upset or refuse to credit the offense for helping establish the tone and tempo of the game, forcing Tennessee into passing the ball.
Bruh.

Lets extrapolate. Youre saying that THIRTY TWO ****ING RUSHES, for 124 yards is destroying?

3.8 ypc is pretty God Damn pedestrian against a 26th ranked rush d for a guy going for nearly 200 the past 3 games.

Henry was supposed to repeat his 23 rush 188 yards 2td performance against us. He was the key to them winning, and he didnt have even a single 15 yard carry. I think 12 was his longest.

He got shut down. He was ineffective. The titans didn't abandon the run down 9 in the 4th in the reg season but down only 4 in this one they jumped ship In the third quarter. He got 3 rushes entire second half.

Watch the game with someone who can explain to you what is happening.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up