ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pour one out for the sports bar.
Bob Dole 07:13 AM 11-30-2020
https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/...19-daily-cover

Sobering. No pun intended.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:41 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Hi Dive appears to still be doing pretty well, although I haven't been there since Covid because its tiny with no ventilation (I switched to MO Brew because of the garage doors and outdoor seating).
It does seem to be doing well. I haven't really gone out at all but could see how MO Brew would be a good fit.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:58 PM 12-01-2020
idiots in this thread:

[Reply]
eDave 04:05 PM 12-01-2020
Haha Kiimosabi. Lulz.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:49 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Start reading
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=46587
What does that have to do with Big Charlie's Saloon? :-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:26 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The idiot starting the thread was married to an idiot whose website aligned itself with the bar.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:32 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
The idiot starting the thread was married to an idiot whose website aligned itself with the bar.
Meant to prop sorry
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:44 PM 12-01-2020
Bob Dole said it best.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:55 PM 12-01-2020
You know we should just shut up about that place. Let sleeping dogs lie.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 PM 12-01-2020
Hardcore!
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:54 PM 12-01-2020
In the big picture, it seems like sports bars are a transient part of society with a finite life span. They came into existence when satellite television and cable allowed them to get games when it was too expensive for the regular joe to do it at home, and they'll die (regardless of covid) when everyone has a big-screen TV and the ability to get the games at home cheaper.

Actually, those days are already here, but sports bars are surviving off of momentum. I've pondered buying the NFL package at home for a few years now, but the pricing has always been such that I could go to a sports bar for half the games and come out ahead as long as the other half were televised at home. It's a close call, though.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:17 AM 12-02-2020
The Bluelines lawsuit in which they misspelled the mayor's name and name the county part of the lawsuit despite it being a city ordinance is rather hilarious
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:27 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The Bluelines lawsuit in which they misspelled the mayor's name and name the county part of the lawsuit despite it being a city ordinance is rather hilarious
What a weird and embarrassing lawsuit. Just like the idiots that tried to recall the mayor and could not even begin to figure out how.

It was funny, I saw the actual court documents before I read any kind of context or story about it and when I saw Blue Line as the plaintiffs I did not immediately think of the bar but was thinking of some "blue lives matter" weird adhoc right leaning group.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:49 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
In the big picture, it seems like sports bars are a transient part of society with a finite life span. They came into existence when satellite television and cable allowed them to get games when it was too expensive for the regular joe to do it at home, and they'll die (regardless of covid) when everyone has a big-screen TV and the ability to get the games at home cheaper.

Actually, those days are already here, but sports bars are surviving off of momentum. I've pondered buying the NFL package at home for a few years now, but the pricing has always been such that I could go to a sports bar for half the games and come out ahead as long as the other half were televised at home. It's a close call, though.
We have a couple that we like, but that's typically for food. If my son has tournament in another town, we'll typically hit a sports bar for food and TV.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:58 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
What a weird and embarrassing lawsuit. Just like the idiots that tried to recall the mayor and could not even begin to figure out how.

It was funny, I saw the actual court documents before I read any kind of context or story about it and when I saw Blue Line as the plaintiffs I did not immediately think of the bar but was thinking of some "blue lives matter" weird adhoc right leaning group.
They are just adding injury to insult. Didnt the owners wife get deported last year?
[Reply]
Brody Wa 03:00 AM 12-02-2020
The "new normal" is a ****ing bleak wasteland with no artistic or creative input. Pure corporatism and consumption, like robots.[/QUOTE]

I believe this happened between the late 90s and the early 2000s.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up