ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 29
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
duncan_idaho 12:13 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
His high dollar ass wont have to walk through a shooting gallery to his car parked in the break in and steal your shit zone. So if you do, just watch yer 6 and walk fast

Oh, kindly shut the fuck up with this bullshit.

The Power and Light and Crossroads areas aren’t anything like that. They’re not proposing people park east of Troost between 20th and 40th (which is the only area in KCMO that fits that description).
[Reply]
Mecca 12:15 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

The Power and Light and Crossroads areas aren’t anything like that. They’re not proposing people park east of Troost between 20th and 40th (which is the only area in KCMO that fits that description).
You can really tell how many people never leave the burbs.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:39 PM 03-21-2024
Oh, kindly shut the **** up with this bullshit.

Downtown has plenty of car break ins
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
There are car break ins all over suburbia too in case you didn't know.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:56 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He referred to it as a "shooting gallery" which is fucking stupid.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:16 PM 03-21-2024

I never got my catalytic converter stolen when I went down to power and light... which was way more often than I went to Arrowhead/ Kaufman yet happened to both my dad and I.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:11 AM 03-21-2024
If this is anything like Coors Field in Denver then it'll provide a tremendous amount of revitalization to the area.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:34 AM 03-21-2024
:-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:16 PM 03-21-2024
I’ll vote Yes. Despite being anti-billionaire and consistently voting with the folks that tend to oppose this type of effort the most.

Despite being a bigger fan of the East Village site (which would have helped further pull up that neighborhood). Still not sure what happened there (suspect the owner of the old Star printing building made the real estate purchases easier and cheaper).

The Royals aren’t staying at the current site. That option doesn’t exist. If this fails, they’ll move to a different county or different city all together.

I don’t like either idea.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:17 PM 03-21-2024
I’ll vote Yes. Despite being anti-billionaire and consistently voting with the folks that tend to oppose this type of effort the most.

Despite being a bigger fan of the East Village site (which would have helped further pull up that neighborhood). Still not sure what happened there (suspect the owner of the old Star printing building made the real estate purchases easier and cheaper).

The Royals aren’t staying at the current site. That option doesn’t exist. If this fails, they’ll move to a different county or different city all together.

That's me, I'm not a fan of subsidizing billionaires but I also don't want to lose pro sports, it's a shit spot.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:25 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's me, I'm not a fan of subsidizing billionaires but I also don't want to lose pro sports, it's a shit spot.
which ultimately means we end up subsidizing billionaires.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:30 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
which ultimately means we end up subsidizing billionaires.
Yeah, it's one case where the end game may not be worth doing something on principle... sucks to be held by the balls to vote yes or else maybe lose the team, but the long game has to be considered.

One option is shitty... and the next option might be even shittier.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:36 PM 03-21-2024

It's all good, and that's exactly what the billionaire is going to keep doing every few years. And I totally agree that the east village was better. I just wish it was going somewhere along the river.

Oh well, these folks didn't make their billions by being being dumb.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:01 PM 03-21-2024

Less infrastructure worries at the Crossroads and with Power & Light already there don't have to build another entertainment district. Can just build the stadium and the high rise.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:28 PM 03-21-2024
Giving billionaires money they don't need to build a stadium in an unsafe cesspool or lose the team? Great options....
[Reply]
Page 18 of 29
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up